Newcastle v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Newcastle are safe from relegation so will welcome Arsenal at St James Park without having to worry on other results going their way ... , manager Alan Pardew had commented that he did not care if they lost 4-0 to the Gunners ...it was a joke of course and he quickly made that known ..."It is definitely not the case that I would be happy for us to lose 4-0 against Arsenal on Sunday. I simply want our players and fans to be able to enjoy the game without looking over their shoulders.
"Even though we are now safe, we will be putting in the same effort that we would for any other Premier League game."

Newcastle could move up to 10th if they win and other results go their way , which would be a great finish after looking in serious trouble just 3 or 4 weeks ago .

Arsenal beat Wigan 4-1 last night and although sadly for Wigan it is farewell tp the Premier League , for the Gunners they know a win against Newcastle will ensure they finish in 4th place and qualify for the Champions League next season , manager Arsene Wenger stressed it is in their own hands now and he wants his side to finish the job ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 am

Now that Francastle are safe from the drop and already on the beach the Gooners should be able to pick up all 3 points at Sid James Park.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:55 am

Hmm, relying on Newcastle to save our season? Looks like we've had it then! The fact is Newcastle have been pretty poor all season, apart from a brief spell after they brought in their January signings. However their light burned brightly for a couple of games and they then returned to mediocrity. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they prove me wrong, but I ain't expecting a 'shock'.
Newcastle 1 Arsenal 3.
Pickleman1967

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Fri May 17, 2013 10:22 am

I doubt if Newcastle can make it possible for Spurs to finish on the top 4. They can't even get themselves safe.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm

it looks like Mikel Arteta may be out after picking up a calf strain against Wigan ...Olivier Giroud is back though after his 3 match ban .

Newcastle will have to use 3rd choice goalkeeper Steve Harper after Rob Elliot was sent off last weekend , he was playing as Tim Krul was injured , Moussa Sissoko , Shola Ameobi and Ryan Taylor are also out ..

Arsenal won their game against Newcastle at the Emirates 7-3 with a hatrick for Theo Walcott , it is unlikely to be as high scoring as that match though at St James Park .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:17 am

I fully expect those geordie jokers to collapse and not give a flying fizzle about it. And the mug fans will be happy because they've stayed up.

Call me paranoid but is there some kind of west ham conspiracy against spurs going on here?! Pardew says he couldnt care less if arsenal smash his team 4-0; yet Di Canio has warned his players to put in a shift against us or they'll be docked holidays during the close season.

Anyway, back to this game, and Newcastle cant defend to save their lives. Absolute clowns. Sunderland got three past them at home; whilst a liverpool team minus the racist cannibal smacked them for SIX!

No hope. Giroud's back for the scum too. i can only see a 3-1 win and yet ANOTHER last day Champions League disappointment for Spurs.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Sparkyjinx » Sat May 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Hmm, relying on Newcastle to save our season? Looks like we've had it then! The fact is Newcastle have been pretty poor all season, apart from a brief spell after they brought in their January signings. However their light burned brightly for a couple of games and they then returned to mediocrity. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they prove me wrong, but I ain't expecting a 'shock'.
Newcastle 1 Arsenal 3.

Alas I fear the same Pickleman - on a normal day I wouldn't particularly envy anyone a trip up to St James's in front of a packed crowd. But with nothing to play for as such, I dread an impending barcode rolling over and tummy tickling.

Like you, I hope I am wrong. Its a shame we have to rely on others....had we not dropped home points against Norwich, West Brom & Wigan we would be sitting blimmin' pretty!
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Line ups

NEWCASTLE:
Harper, Debuchy, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran.

Subs: Alnwick, Simpson, Anita, Perch, Marveaux, Obertan, Campbell.

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Giroud.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 5:04 pm

HT

Newcastle 0-0 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Arsenal celebrating like they won the league :D
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:20 pm

well ..the Champions League is like the league for us ... :wink: , I don't blame the players for celebrating though ..it has been a difficult season and we came good again at the end . But of course we want to be doing more than just qualifying each year for the Champions League ....it will be up to Arsene Wenger to try and sort that out during the summer .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Sun May 19, 2013 6:22 pm

No offense to Arsenal, but I guess it is the reality these days. But Im not so sure about Wenger staying again, he hasnt been able to improve Arsenal and keep the best players a few years now... shouldnt be a manager change to see if things may change for the better? :)
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 6:29 pm

FT

Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
0-1 Koscielny 52’

The Gunners qualify for the CL again by the skin of their teeth thanks to an unlikely match winner in defender Laurent Koscielny!.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Learning wrote:No offense to Arsenal, but I guess it is the reality these days. But Im not so sure about Wenger staying again, he hasnt been able to improve Arsenal and keep the best players a few years now... shouldnt be a manager change to see if things may change for the better? :)

well ...his current contract runs until august 2013 I believe , I would be amazed if he quit though ....
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

No complaints, the Arse get 4th spot. Just pleased we kept it going till the end. Bring on next season! COYS!
Pickleman1967

Postby Alan42 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Walcott said "I'd like to say it's a shame that Spurs missed out, but it's not really."
Alan42
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Alan42 wrote:Walcott said "I'd like to say it's a shame that Spurs missed out, but it's not really."

that is exactly it ....i am happy Spurs lost out ...i have been an Arsenal fan since i was about 6 ..if there is one match you want Arsenal to win every season it is against Spurs . There will be plenty of ribbing and goading of Spurs fans over the next few days .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Rach » Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Conner99 wrote:well ..the Champions League is like the league for us ... :wink: , I don't blame the players for celebrating though ..it has been a difficult season and we came good again at the end . But of course we want to be doing more than just qualifying each year for the Champions League ....it will be up to Arsene Wenger to try and sort that out during the summer .

I agree! Piers Morgan is moaning cos they celebrated so much but of all the ways today could have gone, we got the best possible outcome so I think they deserve to celebrate!! I know I did :D :D :D
Rach
World Class
World Class

Postby Sparkyjinx » Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Firstly I have to congratulate Arsenal - they showed they had the minerals, 7 points behind at one point they fought back and whittled down that lead - Spurs dropped points needlessly, and that came back to haunt us.

A few years back Arsenal finished the season on 90 points, Tottenham on 45 - today it was 73 to 72, our highest tally.
I see that at as progress from a Tottenham point of view - sure had we qualified today for Champions league I would have been celebrating like the goons if not more, but for their high standards seeing them today did make me chuckle in all honesty....oh how the mighty have fallen!
League titles, the invincibles....their is no denying their legend, but orgasm's over 4TH place....oh dear :lol:
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 pm

yes Spurs have closed the gap while we have stood still really ...but the few years `gap` ago you mention was in fact 10 yrs ago in our invincible season . Arsenal as a club should be doing better I don't disagree about that ...but all this moaning about the players celebrating a 4th place finish ...come on , just accept the fact we pipped you to the post ...stop dragging up all these `Arsenal have high standards` nonsense , every season our aim is to try and compete in all of the major trophies and to qualify for the Champions league .

The fact we have struggled to do that is well known and Arsene Wenger must do something about that for next season ..we will have to wait and see if that happens ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League