West Ham v Reading

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Reading

Postby Conner99 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:54 pm

West Ham lost their last game against Everton 2-0 and were simply outclassed by the Toffees , manager Sam Allarydyce was bitterly disappointed and had warned his players , but they took no notice and gave a bad performance ...the home fans at Upton Park will therefore be expecting a rip-roaring feast of free flowing football from their team with a barrage of glorious goals against relegated Reading as a thank you for their undying support throughout the season .

Reading will be enjoying Championship football once again next season after a brief love affair with the Premier League , just 1 win in the last 10 games shows why they were doomed as early as February ..despite a 2-0 home defeat by Man City last night manager Nigel Adkins was upbeat about the future of the club ..."The future of Reading looks bright. There is a hunger and desire to get back to the Premier League. The objective is to bounce back in one. That is the mindset. We want to be in the Premier League."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 am

can't wait to send Reading back to the Championship with a smile on our faces. hopefully a few of our players will pull their socks up while on the ball to disresepct them that little bit further.

Reading forums are currently in a heated debate about how to approach the game. planned 'stayaway' protests are being talked about but the most pressing concern is 'inflatables day. one concerned Reading fan pondered the following:

"I won't be going, but really do think that random inflatables day needs to stay the last away day of the season.

It's a tradition and it helps those fans we have who don't read HNA to get involved without any confusion.

Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables".

Quite. we can not have a situation where 'less inflatables' is the result.

the Reading boycott is really hotting up now from what i can see:

"I wish we could have "football special" trains, but with none of the fighting or stuff that we got in the 70s. Imagine a whole train to ourselves when going to an away game - oh the LOLz."

"Wasn't going anyway so in for boycott."

"I already definately wasn't going but having seen the price you can now count me doubly OUT!"

"I wasn't going anyway, but I'm more than happy to turn my non-attendance into a boycott if that helps."
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

Dear WHU,
I am a 19 year old Reading supporter and I am writing to complain at your absolutely horrific ticket prices for away fans. I found out today that prices for away fans for the upcoming West Ham vs Reading fixture will be £26 for under 16's and £49 for Adults.

I was incensed. How you can justify charging someone my age that amount of money is beyond me. I am a student and cannot afford to pay these sorts of prices. It's simply a massive rip off and it's a disgrace that you feel you can charge these prices for people of any age and not have a very guilty conscience.

I paid £20 for a ticket to Arsenal. There I experienced a far, far, superior stadium to Upton Park in every possible way - comfort, space, cleanliness, service, everything. I also saw Reading play a far higher standard of player than is present in the West Ham team. And yet to visit Upton Park, where, on my last visit, I was threatened outside the ground, showered with coins from the tier above, and stepped in a massive puddle of urine from the overflowing toilets, I am expected to pay £30 more.

Quite frankly you are a shambles of a club. I've travelled to over half of the away games this season but have been priced out of this one thanks to your horrendous pricing. My season ticket cost me £250. I'm not paying a fifth of that for one away game.

I hope you suffer relegation next season and then administration and liquidation if this is how you treat the lifeblood of the game. The way you have cheated your way into the top flight through excessive spending and racking up huge debts which will not be paid is shocking as well.

In response WHU wrote:

We usually do not respond to insulting or slanderous emails

Wishing our club relegation, Administration and liquidation and total fabrications on our debts is not the best way to get a response but please find the following information below.

The last game of the season here at the Boleyn Ground has always been category A this is due to the players doing a lap of honour at the end of the game for the players to thank the supporters for the excellent support they have provided throughout the season and obviously to celebrate a very successful season back in the premier league. Unfortunately Reading has fallen into this category this season.

Usually it would be a category B fixture and if Reading had retained its premier league status it would be a B fixture next season as long as it didn’t fall on the last day.

I have to add when West Ham visited Reading this season we were charged £40 for the game, so with this in mind there is not much difference in fact if you was playing at the Boleyn Ground this Saturday as Newcastle are we would be charging £36 which is cheaper than your ticket pricing.

We have sold out our seats for the Reading fixture and have sold out the last 16 home games at the stadium. This would suggest that our pricing is competitive and we are on the whole one the cheapest London venues.

I hope this information helps and if you have any other mature questions please do not hesitate to ask, unfortunately we will not answer any further insulting or slanderous emails

Kind regards

West Ham United Football Club

love it. put the little mug firmly in his place. thumbs up to WHU.

Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 am

:lol:

I also still haven't forgotten the disrespectful way that Jimmy Kebe behaved towards us at their place last season.

Sadly I think he is injured and won't have the bottle to face our fans at Upton Park but we can still sock it to them on the pitch.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:09 am

Well, never knew there was such bitterness between West Ham and Reading! I doubt this game will amount to more than the 'dead rubber' it is. West Ham 2 Reading 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Line ups

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Diame, Nolan, Noble, Vaz Te, J Cole, Carroll...

Subs: Henderson, Taylor, Tomkins, Collison, O’Neil, Paulista, Maiga

Reading:
McCarthy, Gunter, Kelly, Gorkss, Morrison, Karacan, Guthrie, McCleary, Robson-Kanu, McAnuff, Pogrebnyak...

Subs: Taylor, Pearce, Mariappa, Le Fondre, Akpan, Carrico, Blackman
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 4:58 pm

HT

West Ham 2-0 Reading

Nolan 23'

Vaz Te 34'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 6:15 pm

FT

West Ham 4-2 Reading
1-0 Nolan 23’
2-0 Vaz Te 34'
2-1 McCleary 53’
2-2 Le Fondre 56’
3-2 Nolan 79'
4-2 Nolan 87’

Kevin Nolan scores a hat trick for the Hammers and West Ham finish the season in 10th position!

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

As the other Hammers fans sang this afternoon "Andy Carroll, we want you to stay"

Come on Gold and Sullivan, get your check book out and please sort out a deal with Liverpool.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 am

besides the first ten minutes after half time we were comfortable. Reading were atrocious on the ball and gave it away needlessly so many times without even pressing them that hard.

was over the moon that Nolan got a hat trick as i know how much our Reading friends like him. :lol:

Carroll was a constant menace for the reading backline and it was great to see Joe Cole back and getting in the thick of things.

a positive end to a positive season. 50 points needs to be the target next season as we have to look to build on what is becoming a solid squad of players. hoping Taylor's introduction was just a final shove into the shop window as he simply isn't good enough at this level.

my hangover has only just subsided. bring on next season.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 pm

what a . up for the first West Ham goal ... :lol: It looked as if Reading might spoil the party for West Ham at 2-2 but Nolan put the game to bed to complete a well deserved hatrick ..with help from Andy Carroll of course .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League