Your thoughts on the EPL season?

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Your thoughts on the EPL season?

Postby Learning » Sun May 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Well I havent really watched a lot this season. Just finished watching the final moments of the games.

Arsenal celebrating like they won the league says it all. Im a bit sick of it tbh

Bale another great winner but too bad have to see him and Spurs in the Europa next season and put up with Arsenal in the CL AGAIN no offense to the Arsenal fans, its just getting boring

Chelsea looks to have a real good base and mentality, if Mou brings in the right players and gets them doing their best, they will be a real force again.

Man C very disappointing, just like their season really. Big changes needed, and so have to wait and see what happens during the summer.

Man U obviously they end of an era and Im actually really a bit sad even though I hate them, and looking forward to their real decline now I hope They got some issues to sort out like Rooney, their defense, their midfield, replacing Giggs is a huge thing, the last of the old leaders. I dont think they will be as big a force after Fergie leaves, thats for sure

For the rest of the clubs cant comment too much, looking forward to the new boys and another exciting season next and one of Man C or Chelsea winning the league pls
Learning
World Class
World Class

Re: Your thoughts on the EPL season?

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Learning wrote:Well I havent really watched a lot this season. Just finished watching the final moments of the games.

Arsenal celebrating like they won the league says it all. Im a bit sick of it tbh

Bale another great winner but too bad have to see him and Spurs in the Europa next season and put up with Arsenal in the CL AGAIN no offense to the Arsenal fans, its just getting boring

no offence taken ...Spurs were 7 points clear of us and yet blew it again ...they deserve everything they get .In the Premier League over 38 games you deserve to be be where you finish ....every team has had bad decisions go against them ...penalty appeals turned down ...yellow and red cards that were harsh ..goals given that were offside and goals not given that were perfectly ok .

There have also been matches where the performance has been superb and other matches where the players have been very poor indeed , players have been injured and teams have struggled because of that ...managers have been sacked for their team not doing well enough .......but that is football for you ...everybody is in the same boat .

As for teams celebrating ...well , should a team celebrate for avoiding relegation ....of course they should ...Arsenal pipped their bitter rivals Tottenham to 4th spot ...of course we are celebrating ...that is what rivalry is ....you can imagine how I would be feeling right now had Newcastle scored a equaliser in the last few seconds and Tottenham had pipped us to that 4th spot .

I can imagine you are sick of it ....in the end though Tottenham only have themselves to blame ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Alan42 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:10 pm

The standard was much lower this season in my opinion and in spite of being a lot poorer Manu. were handed the title on a plate. Next season may well find them out without Ferguson frightening the referees.
The UK teams will of course continue to be totally outclassed in the Champions League next season.
Alan42
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:12 pm

yes ...no one really came close to Man Utd ..next season should be the most exciting for years i hope .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm

The season started for United when Augero was allowed to score against QPR!. RVP was the big difference, United improved and City didn't. Allowing Ballotelli to leave and only bringing in Rodwell. Glad QPR got relegated.

Next season will be down to how much money City and Chelsea spend. City can outspend them and so have the advantage. United need to do some rebuilding. I would try and swap Bale for Rooney and get Baines and Fellaini from Everton. Get rid of Valencia and Nani.
Seamus

Postby Learning » Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks again conner I should know how Arsenal feel and certainly feels good to get that 4th spot ahead of direct rival :)

I still remember many ppl were saying MAn U getting VP would be the key and difference and it probably did prove to be, but at the same time, Man C under performed so badly...
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:48 pm

. shlt.

Man utd won another league, chelsea won another cup, liverpool spent big but finished nowhere, and arsenal scraped into the champions league at spurs' expense.

And some say English football isnt predictable!
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:. shlt.

Man utd won another league, chelsea won another cup, liverpool spent big but finished nowhere, and arsenal scraped into the champions league at spurs' expense.

And some say English football isnt predictable!

Predictable it may be but it's certainly exciting,you can't doubt that mate.

Liverpool's season never really started but i still enjoyed it as a whole watching other teams battle it out.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby OWEN_ENG » Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 pm

the league is second to none in the world!

The first half of the season was exciting but given the huge gap at the top of the table, it made for a less thrilling build up to the finale and so it was a so so for me....as others mentioned nowhere near as good as it was last season. Naturally this is a result of the lack of competition for the title itself.

RVP won Utd the title no doubt about it.

Bale has been in inspiring form...hope he stays as I do very much enjoy watching him play.

Brendan Rodgers has done fantastic for me and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does for us next season.

Benitez's return to the league was surprising but love or hate him...the guy knows what he's doing...I suspect he will remain in England next season.

Arsenal...regretted selling RVP but somehow managed to secure CL football...not sure what to think about them but all the credit to Mr. Wenger off course.

City - massively underperformed...down to the mgr in my opinion and next season will likely unfold very differently for them.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 am

This league is built on a lie Owen.

Debt ridden clubs being bankrolled by super rich oil barons.

i much prefer the German model myself.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 am

it was basically one big relegation battle.

even that ended with a whimper.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 am

I thought it was a very poor season and quite frankly the worst I can remember in living memory.

It was a crime how Man Utd managed to win the title so easily as they only played average football at best.

The likes of Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal and Tottenham all failed to provide any serious competition and were well below par.

Our English clubs all flopped in the Champions League leaving us with no sides in the quarter finals for first time in years.

Even the relegation battle ended up being a let down with none of the usual final day drama that we have become used to.

To sum up I still believe that the Premier League is the best in the world though and I'm sure this poor campaign was just a one off.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Return to Barclays Premier League