A retrospective look - my club in 2012-2013

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

mrtz
Legend
Legend

A retrospective look - my club in 2012-2013

Postby mrtz » Mon May 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon May 20, 2013 3:08 pm

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Season expectations

Our aim was to rebuild and give Brendan Rodgers time to build the squad and playing style his own way,i thought the fans got behind him and the last part of the season his playing style is starting to show a lot of promise...i expected us to finish 5th so to finish 7th was disappointing but the football played and youngsters coming through makes it much easier.

New signings

Joe Allen - Started superbly and looked every inch the type of technically gifted player we have been missing in the centre of midfield,lacked confidence towards the end though but his early promise looks good..

Fabio Borini - He has struggled to find any form and big injuries haven't helped,looking for a much more improved second season from him.

Oussama Assaidi
- Shows great speed and technique when he plays but he's suffered first season syndrome like many foreign players do,just hasn't got used to the pace and physical part of the Premier League.

Daniel Sturridge - Has slotted into his new life perfectly and very quickly and looks like a superb signing from Rodgers,his finishing and pace is superb and he links well with Suarez and Coutinho perfectly...looking forward to seeing him have a full season at Liverpool..

Coutinho - Wow!! - I could honestly fill the whole page about this lad,has to be one of our best signings ever and he's only been here since January,this lad oozes technical ability as well as vision and makes it look easy,if we can keep hold of him he will go down as a Liverpool legend without a doubt....quality player and like Sturridge i can't wait to see him once he has a full pre-season..

Nuri Sahin - It's easy to forget this player as he didn't stay long before we shipped him back to Real Madrid who then shipped him to Dortmund,he's a class player who just didn't settle in England...huge shame..

Superstar

Luis Suarez - Apart from his childish antics he's a world class player who would walk into any team,he makes everything look so easy and his link up play with Coutinho,Sturridge and Gerrard was looking very promising before he was banned...he's had another superb season and is getting better....time will tell if he is still gonna be a Liverpool player though.

Youngsters

Raheem Sterling - He had a great start to the season before being rested by Rodgers,full of promise and will be a huge player for us in the coming seasons

Suso - I'm a big fan of this lad,another one who is technically gifted and has great vision,hoping to see much more of him next season as him and Coutinho have potential to rip opposition defences apart.

Jonjo Shelvey - Another lad i am a fan of,he is in the same mould as Gerrard where he can play box to box and is solid in the tackle,also possesses a solid right foot too...looking forward to seeing him progress.

Andre Wisdom - A solid defender in the mould of Micah Richards,has played more games than he probably expected this season and has looked comfortable,very promising player.

Jordon Ibe - Another exciting prospect who only made his debut on the last day,but he will be proud of having an assist too,another one who looks to have great technical ability.

Manager

Brendan Rodgers - A steady building process from Rodgers in his first season and he will now have learnt from many mistakes he has made,his signings have been good and his playing style is looking very exciting and promising,but for me he deserves a lot of praise for the number of youngsters he's given a chance,this will no doubt go down well with every Liverpool fan...looking forward to seeing what he does next season now we have no Europa League distracting us.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Nice one, Gazz! I'll throw in my 2 cents worth later on, but you've wrapped it up nicely.
Hams
Admin
Admin
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Mon May 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Good post Gazza, I'll write something similar about West Ham either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 am

West Ham

Season Expectations

All I wanted was for West Ham to avoid relegation in our first season back in the PL but for us to
finish in 10th position was I think a tremendous achievement and something for us to build on next season.

Player of the season
I thought our New Zealand international defender Winston Reid was a revelation at the back and
easily deserved to win the Hammers player of the season award and has been rewarded with a new 2 year contract.

I think our keeper Jussi Jääskeläinen,defenders Guy Demel and James Collins,winger Matt Jarvis,midfielder Mo Diame
of course Andy Carroll who came in on loan all did very well and I hope we can do a deal to sign the Liverpool striker.

Manager
Sam Allardyce has his critics for playing long ball football but I think it is a little unfair as we do mix it up on the field.
His job was to win us promotion and keep us in the PL which he achieved so its only fair that he was offered a new deal.

Next Season
I would be very happy if we finished in mid table again and maybe had a good run in one of the cups.
While we were excellent at Upton Park this season we must improve our away form next year and score some more goals
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Seamus
Location: Scottish Highlands. - Supports Ross County and Man United

Postby Seamus » Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 pm

OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby OWEN_ENG » Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache
World Class
World Class

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 am

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed May 29, 2013 7:49 pm

specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 am

mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 pm

well i have followed Arsenal basically all my life ...but only really remember from around 1974 onwards ...apart from the incredible 1989 league title under George Graham ...it has been Arsene Wenger who has transformed Arsenal into the club they are today ...which at the moment is not that great ...i long for the days when we used to scare teams with our football and being beaten was only a rare occasion against teams like Man Utd ...Liverpool.....etc .

Arsene Wenger needs to keep players like Podolski , Giroud and then spend spend spend on further playes who will strengthen the squad and maintain competition for paces in all areas ...it will be difficult though with players being priced at ridiculous levels ....Bale £60 million , Rooney ..£25 million ..even average players are now priced at over £10 million or more ..
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Thu May 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin