Are Chelsea right to bring back Jose Mourinho?

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Are Chelsea right to bring back Jose Mourinho?

Postby Hams » Thu May 23, 2013 12:46 am

Jose Mourinho has confirmed that he is leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season.

Are Chelsea right to bring him back as their next manager as returning coaches very rarely repeat their original success.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Re: Are Chelsea right to bring back Jose Mourinho?

Postby redpelt » Thu May 23, 2013 1:02 am

Hams wrote:Jose Mourinho has confirmed that he is leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season.

Are Chelsea right to bring him back as their next manager as returning coaches very rarely repeat their original success.

I personally think the Premiership needs characters of Mourinho's ilk , admittedly he's
not to every ones taste ,and his lack of humility and decorum are major downsides or
indeed flaws ,but you simply cant deny the man's passion. It once resonated with
every press conference he held whilst at Chelsea,and that's why I believe he will
pick up where he left off ,if he is left to his own devices that is .

Big if though ,especially were Abramovic is concerned ,but nevertheless if the two
have smoothed over their respective differences it could prove a fruitful union.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Chelsea need a manager and there is no better manager available than him right now.

in that sense, it should be perfect. the bloke knows the club and the league very well and Chelsea have a very good set of players that are definitely able to, at least, mount a title challenge.

massive pressure on all concerned but the best thrive off of that pressure.

a good decision in my opinion, particularly when compared to Man United's appointment. i can't help but be underwhelmed by that.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 pm

There have been plenty of occasions where a team has gone back to an old manager to try and bring back the glory days only for it to fall flat, the last occasion I can think of being Dalglish.

It will all be down to whether they are prepared to back him with the cash to bring in the players he wants. It is not only coincidence that Chelsea started to slide in 2006 when Abrahmovich stopped the cashflow. City can outspend them in the transfer market so that gives them the advantage.

Rafa has a great record and did really well this season - they should have stuck with him and the fans would have warmed to him.
Seamus

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Nah, if I was a Chelsea fan I'd want Mourinho. Bumptious, egotistical little man and I don't like him but lets face it he tends to bring success wherever he goes. I hope he falls flat on his face, but I doubt that will happen...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:23 am

if Mourinho does return to Chelsea there is no guarantee he will have a job for too long even if he is successful , Di Matteo won the Champions League and was sacked , Benitez has won the Europa League and well we know that he is not going to be at Chelsea much longer .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Sun May 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Chelsea need a manager and there is no better manager available than him right now.

in that sense, it should be perfect. the bloke knows the club and the league very well and Chelsea have a very good set of players that are definitely able to, at least, mount a title challenge.

massive pressure on all concerned but the best thrive off of that pressure.

a good decision in my opinion, particularly when compared to Man United's appointment. i can't help but be underwhelmed by that.

So Steely do u think Man U should have went for Mourinho? :lol:
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Sparkyjinx » Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm

From a club / manager point of view its a perfect fit - he loves Chelsea, Chelsea loves him.

But as for Roman,he prematurely got rid of Mourinho in his first carnation....ultimately there will never be complete pleasing of the Russian, but Jose will be well able for him.

From a fans point of view I am glad to see him back, along with Ian Holloway - look forward to their squaring up, what they will make of eachhother God only knows.
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby Steely Hill » Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 am

Learning wrote:
So Steely do u think Man U should have went for Mourinho? :lol:

i think they should have gone all out to try to lure Van Gaal from the Holland job.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 am

What a blunder by the Premier League on their website yesterday to announce prematurely that Mourinho was the new Chelsea manager! :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor ... 58897.html
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Its now official.

Jose Mourinho has signed a 4 year deal to return as the manager of Chelsea.

He will be presented in a news conference at Stamford Bridge on Monday, June 10.

Any comments?

Will the Blues be favourites to win the title next season?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:07 pm

with Ferguson gone you have to think Chelsea are the favourites with the others being so unpredictable.

Moyes really has a job on his hands.

i'm happy he is back though.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 pm

it will be interesting to see who is made favourite to win the title , without a doubt Man Utd would have been if Sir Alex were still in charge . The early season games will certainly be a good indicator of who will be the early favourite for the title ...one thing for sure Arsene Wenger wont be mentioned I am sad to say ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Steely Hill wrote:with Ferguson gone you have to think Chelsea are the favourites with the others being so unpredictable.

Moyes really has a job on his hands.

i'm happy he is back though.

I'd agree with this,Moyes hasn't handled a club as big nor has he been fighting for trophies,add to this he is now up against Mourinho at Chelsea and a rejuvenated Man City under Pellegrini then Moyes will be under serious pressure.

I too am delighted he's back.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Will be great to see him back until about Christmas when he either gets annoying or the title race is over. :D
Will be interesting to see him and Pellegrini go head to head as im not sure Moyes will cut it just yet at the top.
Also it will be interesting to see Wengers reaction to his return, especially if he splashes the cash to turn Arsenal into contenders.
Looks like the EPL will be the top league again soon if all goes to plan.
Bren10

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:51 pm

So Jose Mourinho had his first press conference back
at Stamford Bridge today in front of over 250 reporters from around the world.

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Do you think that Chelsea will now be the favourites and should win the Premier League title next season?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 pm

This man has a dilemma on his hands.
That dliemma being his vocal support for players like Terry and Lampard in order to get the fans in his pocket and the realization he will be confronted with once he puts Lampard especially on the pitch against the better teams.
Will he continue to play this bloke even though he's terrible for 85 minutes of game and prop him up with players having to pick up the slack for him ,or will he look like a hypocrite and bench the player?

I think Mourinho has one of the bets squads without buying anyone ,and he will be able to be competitive without a doubt. But the test will come when he plays the better teams and the big games ,and what moves he makes in those games.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby roonster1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:00 am

Good to see him back. Sometime I feel as if, he drinks butter milk thinking its actual milk. He badly wanted United job, he did not get it. So he went to Chelsea. We all know Chelsea would gladly welcome Jose as he fan favorite and management backs him well.

He will bring success for Chelsea no doubt about it.

As far as Moyes being under pressure. He was under pressure the moment he signed contract with Man United. Be it, Jose or Pellegrini, doesnt matter.

Your thoughts?
roonster1234
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby jones7781 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Mourinho now rules out from the new signing of Chelsea.
jones7781
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League