Roberto Martinez to leave Wigan

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Roberto Martinez to leave Wigan

Postby Hams » Tue May 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Wigan have announced this morning that Roberto Martinez has left the club.

The Spaniard took over as manager 4 years ago and won the FA Cup this year but couldn't prevent the Latics going down.

Has he made the right decision and will his next destination most likely be Everton?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Wed May 29, 2013 11:17 am

Whelan really is a tiresome little berk.

he must have SKy on speed dial with the daily updates he feels the need to give them. i've said it before but i can't understand why he is so insistent on whoring his manager out at every opportunity.

Martinez is massively over rated as a manager i feel. he'll do a decent job, i'm sure when he goes to Everton but i don't think he'll be eclipsing the efforts of Moyes who got where he was through a sturdy backline and grinding out draws rather than defeats - the total opposite of Mr Martinez.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed May 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Martinez dragged this on so much until he knew who were interested in him,i have lost some respect for him after this...now he knows Everton are interested he's finally made the excuse that he's not the man for Wigan..Pathetic!!

Lets hope he's in another relegation scrap this season.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed May 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Whelan really is a tiresome little berk.

he must have SKy on speed dial with the daily updates he feels the need to give them. i've said it before but i can't understand why he is so insistent on whoring his manager out at every opportunity.

Martinez is massively over rated as a manager i feel. he'll do a decent job, i'm sure when he goes to Everton but i don't think he'll be eclipsing the efforts of Moyes who got where he was through a sturdy backline and grinding out draws rather than defeats - the total opposite of Mr Martinez.

Yeah he is a little overrated i'd agree with that,his playing style will destroy the hard working ethic that Moyes has instilled in Everton all these years,and hopefully Everton will playing an higher line and will be there for the taking.

Martinez's style is more suited for the Spanish teams and i could have seen him at Malaga once Pellegrini does leave,Everton don't have the squad that plays attractive high pressuring football so it will be interesting to see.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Steely Hill wrote:

but all Martinez has to do is win a trophy to better Moyes efforts....he will certainly have more funds than at Wigan . It will be interesting to see how Martinez copes with a club whose expectations are far bigger than just maintaining Premier League status each season , and if he tries to change the way Everton play .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:45 am

It looks like Everton have agreed a compensation package with Wigan to hire Roberto Martinez as their next manager.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 am

Hams wrote:It looks like Everton have agreed a compensation package with Wigan to hire Roberto Martinez as their next manager.

from what i can see we only have the word of shitmouth Whelan, and that is worth less than the dog crap on his shoe.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Hams wrote:It looks like Everton have agreed a compensation package with Wigan to hire Roberto Martinez as their next manager.

from what i can see we only have the word of shitmouth Whelan, and that is worth less than the dog crap on his shoe.

you have a way with words ... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Everton have just confirmed Roberto Martinez as their new manager on a 4 year contract.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:21 pm

he has promised to get them into the Champions League ...something Moyes never achieved during his 11 years at Everton , a 4th place finish is going to be tough , plenty of clubs will be aiming for the same ...Liverpool , Spurs , Arsenal with Man Utd ..Chelsea and Man City expected to claim the top 3 spots .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:12 pm

There is no way that Everton will ever finish in the top 4 and qualify for the CL so it was really a foolish promise to make by Martinez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:54 am

Hams wrote:There is no way that Everton will ever finish in the top 4 and qualify for the CL so it was really a foolish promise to make by Martinez.

my thoughts exactly. i can't understand why they make these bold claims as it will surely just backfire.

we'll see how Martinez copes without being the underdog and in the spotlight. i don't think the Everton fans will be as absent minded as the Wigan lot when it comes to defensive frailties.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Conner99 wrote:he has promised to get them into the Champions League ...something Moyes never achieved during his 11 years at Everton , a 4th place finish is going to be tough , plenty of clubs will be aiming for the same ...Liverpool , Spurs , Arsenal with Man Utd ..Chelsea and Man City expected to claim the top 3 spots .

Everton finished 4th in 2005 as the following season we had the uproar of having 5 english teams in the Champions League as Liverpool were the holders and finished 5th behind Everton,not that it made any difference as Everton lost in the qualifiers to Villarreal if i'm not mistaken..

In other news,after only 3 weeks in the Everton job Roberto Martinez has already achieved as much as Moyes did in his 11 years with Everton.

Everton fans must be delighted with their new manager so far.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League