Should Liverpool sell Luis Suarez?

Join us here on the best transfers and rumours section that you can find anywhere on the internet.

Moderators: Hams, Moderators

Should Liverpool sell Luis Suarez?

Postby Hams » Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Liverpool forward Luis Suarez has said during an interview
back in his homeland that he wants to leave the club and that the blame lies with the British press.

Should the Reds sell him this summer and try and get as much money now for him as possible?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem ... 38569.html
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm

There's no point keeping a player against his will because he'll just play sh*t.
It'll set us back a bit in what we're trying to do but I think we should take advantage of this.

One thing I will say is we should drag it out a bit to see if Munich are interested then we could get a bit more money for him.

I'm gonna miss him.

Begovic or Courtois, Papadoupolis, Diame, Luis Alberto Romero, Erikson, Toure, Aspias, Higuain in

Reina, Carra, Carroll, Downing and Suarez out.

Bit unlikely though.

I predict 9th league finish
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am

William Hills have stopped taking bets on where Luis Suarez will move to after massive wagers were placed in Spain that his destination would be Arsenal!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Hams wrote:William Hills have stopped taking bets on where Luis Suarez will move to after massive wagers were placed in Spain that his destination would be Arsenal!

It makes little sense that he would leave Anfield for another English club....if anything I could see his destination being either Real/Barca or PSG...guess you could throw Bayern in there too.

The more important question we should be asking is assume Suarez does leave for 40M...who do we sign to fill his boots?

And no...Aspas is not his replacement.

For me...I would be open to picking up...
Torres
Defoe
Adebayor

You?
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:59 pm

I wouldn't bring Torres back to the club as he upset
too many fans when he decided to leave and join Chelsea.

If I was Brendan Rogers I would consider strikers like Soldado,Negredo,Benzema or maybe even Mario Gomez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:35 am

Hams wrote:I wouldn't bring Torres back to the club as he upset
too many fans when he decided to leave and join Chelsea.

If I was Brendan Rogers I would consider strikers like Soldado,Negredo,Benzema or maybe even Mario Gomez.

True but there's still a percentage of us that would still stand by "you'll never walk alone" even though he/others left.

Any past players contributions to the club during their tenure should never be forgotten in my opinion.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 pm

When we sell Suarez we have to bring in another top class ready made striker to replace him,when we sold Torres we brought in Suarez and this has to happen again.

My list would include..

Roberto Soldado - Clinical 20+a season goal striker who may be interested now Valencia have dropped out of the Champions League.

Alvaro Negredo - He'd fit the bill but now City are interested it doesn't look likely.

Karim Benzema - Quality striker who would fit in nicely but surely he wouldn't drop from Madrid to Liverpool.

Gonzalo Higuain - same as Benzema.

Christian Benteke - He would be perfect in our set up and would link the midfield and wingers with his strong hold up play,not to mention he knows how to score too.

Leandro Damiao - Very good striker but the only downfall is that he's nver been tested at european level,and of course if we become interested then so do Spurs again.

Stevan Jovetic - Another classy striker who drops deep like Suarez,would suit Rodgers style perfectly.

Out of that list i'd love Soldado to come to Anfield,i've been a big fan of his for a few years since he's been at Valencia.
Last edited by Gazza-LFC on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
Hams wrote:William Hills have stopped taking bets on where Luis Suarez will move to after massive wagers were placed in Spain that his destination would be Arsenal!

It makes little sense that he would leave Anfield for another English club....if anything I could see his destination being either Real/Barca or PSG...guess you could throw Bayern in there too.

The more important question we should be asking is assume Suarez does leave for 40M...who do we sign to fill his boots?

And no...Aspas is not his replacement.

For me...I would be open to picking up...
Torres
Defoe
Adebayor

You?

Torres - Definitely not,he basically put two fingers up to the Liverpool fans and he will never be welcomed back,he's a player who thrives on confidence and how would he gain confidence when he knows his own fans will be on his back,plus he's not even half the player he was at Liverpool.

Defoe - Good player and he knows how to finish but i think we should be aiming for a much better standard of striker to replace our best player.

Adebayor - really?...Adebayor is far too lazy and would never suit our style of play...not to mention his wages would be huge and Rodgers has done well to get the wage bill down so a big no no.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:03 am

Arsenal are reported to have made a £30 million offer for Luis Suarez which was rejected by Liverpool say the Telegraph.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Hams wrote:Arsenal are reported to have made a £30 million offer for Luis Suarez which was rejected by Liverpool say the Telegraph.

:lol: That's so cute of them.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby suarez7 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:35 pm

I would sell him tomorrow.

Would be very difficult to replace him but its clear to see he does not want to play for the club anymore so it is best for everyone involved that he is sold ASAP.
suarez7
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:49 pm

suarez7 wrote:I would sell him tomorrow.

Would be very difficult to replace him but its clear to see he does not want to play for the club anymore so it is best for everyone involved that he is sold ASAP.

:lol:

you're a curse on Liverpool strikers
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby suarez7 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

:oops: :D

I know im going to have to change my name again i wonder if borini2013 is free!!!
suarez7
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 pm

suarez7 wrote::oops: :D

I know im going to have to change my name again i wonder if borini2013 is free!!!

i can't promise anything. i'm sure that is a very popular username.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Not as bad as my jersey curse!

Torres.
Mascherano.
Alonso.
Benayoun.
Keane. :lol:

A total of close to $500 down the toilet!

But a telling sign that my purchase powers dictate Liverpool transfer activity (within 6 months of purchase).

Now, where do I get Downing, Spearing, and Pacheco jerseys?
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:10 pm

i don't think even the Liverpool dressing room stock those anymore.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 pm

mrtz wrote::lol:

Not as bad as my jersey curse!

Torres.
Mascherano.
Alonso.
Benayoun.
Keane. :lol:

A total of close to $500 down the toilet!

But a telling sign that my purchase powers dictate Liverpool transfer activity (within 6 months of purchase).

Now, where do I get Downing, Spearing, and Pacheco jerseys?

Keane? LOL Surprised at that one!

Back on topic, it's looking more and more likely Suarez is going to leave...

Do you think Higuain would cut it at Anfield (yes I know Real said they want to hang on to him but I'm sure for the right price ?(assuming Brendan doesn't pull a and Kenny and splash the bulk of the funds from the sale of Suarez on another player)

Which other strikers would you like to see replace Suarez should he leave?

Is Benteke the kind of player that would help fill the Suarez void?
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:11 am

why would Higuain go to Liverpool when he has Arsenal supposedly finalising a deal for him?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 am

It appears that Suarez has ruled out a move to Chelsea but would welcome a transfer to Arsenal should Wenger increase his offer for the Uruguayan.

Real Madrid are also reported to be ready to make a £40 million offer.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Steely Hill wrote:why would Higuain go to Liverpool when he has Arsenal supposedly finalising a deal for him?

Because Arsenal has been finalizing the deal since June and nothing has happened yet...
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Transfers and Rumours