The bizarre return of Joe Kinnear to Newcastle

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

The bizarre return of Joe Kinnear to Newcastle

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

Joe Kinnear who had to quit as Newcastle manager in 2008/09 after suffering a heart attack
announced on Sunday that he was returning to St James Park as their new director of football!

There has been no mention of this on the Toons official website and I don't think Alan Pardew will be very pleased.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:55 pm

If this is true then surely this will spell the end for Pardew,maybe this is Ashley's way of telling Pardew to leave his huge contract without having to shell out loads of compensation.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:03 pm

I was thinking the same thing Gazza.
This news still hasn't even been confirmed on Newcastle's website yet.

I remember that Joe Kinnear press conference back in 2008 when he swore the whole time and looked foolish.

Are there any Toon fans out there who know whats going on?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:10 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -Newcastle

Well it's on SkySports so must be true surely?
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:51 am

somebody has lost the plot, just can't decide whether it is Ashley or Kinnear.

i still recall with a smile how our Newcastle supporting buddies on the forum were so fond of Ashley.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Front page of the Newcastle Chronicle!

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

i think it could be just what Newcastle need ...his most notable achievement during his managerial career ....winning the LMA Manager of the Year in 1994 with Wimbledon ...will be vital to his job as director of football .

Only recently he talked fondly about the clubs fans ..."Some of them are just talking out of their backsides, a load of tosh - I’m not accepting it, simple as that. I’ve certainly got more intelligence than them, that’s for sure.”

So what are the odds on Pardew getting anywhere near completing his 8 year contract as manager of Newcastle Utd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 am

:lol:

i just fail to see what his appointment will actually bring to the club. i mean, what qualities is he supposed to offer that they currently lack?

perhaps, like Pardew, he has a gambling debt he needs to work off so is on a very minimal wage.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 am

In more news Newcastle's managing director Derek Llambias has resigned following the appointment of crazy Joe Kinnear.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm

and there is still no word from Alan Pardew ...who has to report to Joe Kinnear , more news in the papers about Joe Kinnear getting facts wrong when talking about his career and Newcastle ..etc

Kinnear said he has never been in charge of a club that ha been relegated , Luton were relegated under Kinnear in 2001

When congratulating Alan Pardew on his manager of the season award on 2012 , Kinnear said he would have to get a few more to equal his record of three awards , fact is Kinnear has only ever had one manager of the season award .

When questioned about his experience Kinnear claimed he played over 400 games for Tottenham , the truth is he played 258 times for Tottenham

Kinnear boasted that he was the one who brought Tim Krul to the club ..."a terrific goalkeeper" , Tim Krul joined Newcastle in 2006 ..two years before Kinnear took over ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Another interesting and funny fact from Kinnear's days at Luton..

In 2001 he was Director of football,on his arrival he demoted then manager Lil Fuccillo and made himself manager where Luton went on to be relegated as Conner said above..

I wonder if he has the same power to demote Pardew and replace him :lol:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 am

I can't believe this is true!

The story is that Joe Kinnear went to watch Birmingham play on a scouting mission
and asked about signing Shane Ferguson not knowing that he was already a Toon player and at St Andrews on loan!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm

i suspect that is completely made up
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:11 am

Joe Kinnear has now resigned from his post as Newcastle's director of football just 7 months into his 3 year contract.

I guess this news will be very much welcomed by Toon fans!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem ... --sow.html

One has to ask what exactly did he do when he returned to the club other than upset a whole load of people?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am

Alan PArdew's press conference after the Sunderland game was interesting and certainly hinted at problems at the club. i suspect the transfer of Cabaye and the lack of replacement has called a rift between the manager and, at least, Mr Kinnear and it was felt that Uncle Joe was more expendable.

all guesswork on my part but seems the likeliest scenario.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League