Neymar

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Neymar

Postby Learning » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 am

What is everyone's thought on Neymar?

I been optimistic and very excited about Barca signing him obviously, and hes the biggest and most talented young player in world football, but there are doubts if he can fit into Europe and into Barca. As you all know his performance in the Confederations Cup were very good, class goals especially and Golden Ball winner, does it cement his hype and mean likely he will be good enough for Europe?

I believe it will actually be if Barca is flexible enough to fit him in and do not change him to much. The other main thing is his team play which is improving already. Finally off field issues is anyone;s guess, but he seems a hard working professional and these days players usually adapt well to life in Europe and is very well managed and mature enough.

If it all goes well, it will be so exciting to watch Barca with him added to an already great team and perhaps make Barca even better to watch for those are are bored of them :P

Not to mention now Brazil will be a favourite for the WC and he will be expected to perform and help lead them to the WC win next year by many.

What do u think?
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:26 am

I think its too early to say yet if Neymar will become world class in the future as he has only
played in the Brazilian league with Santos so far but now he has signed for Barcelona we will see what he is really made of.
He is clearly very talented and deserved to have been crowned the best player in South America in last couple of years.
The only thing I don't like about him is that he dives too much and needs to stop acting like a prima dona.
So the jury is still unconvinced as far as I'm concerned at the moment but I do hope he becomes one of the greats.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am

he's a world away from being even close to Ronaldo from what i've seen but i have no doubt he'll do well against the feeble defences of La Liga.

i'll judge this chap solely on Champions League performances and the forthcoming world cup - although i have to say he was excellent last night against Spain.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 am

Was a little cautious over the signing of him at first but given his performances at the confed cup I think his price would've gone up a little so its good we moved quick.
Hes shown he can do it against European defences but its how he adapts to Barcas system and playing second fiddle to Messi that will be a test for him. Not to mention he will probably be a target now for the hatchet men in Europe.
The jurys still out but im more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago.
Bren10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 pm

after seeing him in the confederations i think he will fit in nicely. especially after last night where he didnt look to hang onto the ball or do too many tricks. he played some nice one twos to get in behind the defence. also hes used to playing on the left for brazil and i heard he plays out there alot for santos so when he comes to barca and plays out there he should have no problem fitting in
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:13 am

As said above ,in Spain he should develop well because of their deficiencies defensively!
The problem is that that alone for some people in the media and forums like this will be enough to catapult the lad into legendary status. It will only be a matter of time before the constant media deluge of his la liga exploits brainwash those here, who say they will reserve judgement until proven against sturdier foe ,fall in line with the general lemming like thought pattern!

He showed spells of why i think he is a talented player ,but then i saw signs where he has caused me to say ,"now why the hell did he do that?"! Not only that the boy is a diver and embellisher in the worst way. He believes he is better than he actually is (which has worked quite well for that other la liga legend Ronaldo) ,but i think against the better teams he will be found out more often than not in the next couple of years.
One thing is for sure, Pele is talking sh!t if he honestly believes Neymar is better than Messi.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 pm

specnur wrote:Pele is talking sh!t

There's a surprise.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:44 pm

It all depends if he works as part of a team or just thinks of himself..

If we are judging him against Messi then he's a million light years away from him,and if we judge him against Messi at 21 he's still light years away..

As mentioned above he dives and rolls far too often and yet Messi takes it every game and gets back up,if Neymar wants to be number one at Barca then he has to wait for Messi to leave/retire before he even thinks about it.

So for me he'll be a class player in the class of say Ronaldinho and Rivaldo when they were at Barca but he won't be as good as Messi or Ronaldo (the Brazilian one)
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Learning » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:35 am

If he dies live up to the levels of Ronaldinho and Rivaldo, it would be awesome :P Something thats interesting is he is a strictly still a wide left player. which in many ways restricts the impact he has on games, with Brazil in the big games especially, Im sure it will be like that at the start for Barca since Messi is there, but if it develops that he is able to be more influenctial like Messi does, and they click, then he could go on to be something very special.

As mentioned above, La Liga many dont rate, so yes looking forward to seeing him in the CL.

Whatever happens, its just great to have such an exciting player from Brazil, a really big big young star a little bit unkown still which is intriguging, dont think we have had this type of player in a while, featuring in the CL too :)
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby specnur » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:It all depends if he works as part of a team or just thinks of himself..

If we are judging him against Messi then he's a million light years away from him,and if we judge him against Messi at 21 he's still light years away..

As mentioned above he dives and rolls far too often and yet Messi takes it every game and gets back up,if Neymar wants to be number one at Barca then he has to wait for Messi to leave/retire before he even thinks about it.

So for me he'll be a class player in the class of say Ronaldinho and Rivaldo when they were at Barca but he won't be as good as Messi or Ronaldo (the Brazilian one)

I take exception to him being on par with Ronaldinho Gazza ,that is a lofty goal indeed! He has nowhere near the skills of that man and i don;t think he has the physical ability to ride challenges at full speed ,the natural vision or dribbling ability of that great man! You do know that Ronaldinho even at his advanced age has won the player of the year in that same league that Neymar played? He got some ways to go and i don't think he will reach it ever.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby alexjr » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:It all depends if he works as part of a team or just thinks of himself..

He is not as good as Messi yet but in a couple of years I think he will be.
alexjr
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby rodri » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm

When I saw his matches in past, I used to think that he is nearly useless, killing most of actions of his team because playing like globetrotters (or how to spell it..).
But on Confederation Cup (especially in bigger matches) he was playing absolutely differently, effectively and very good.

So after Conf. Cup I think he can be world class player (of course, Messi and Ronaldo are not world class players, they are from different world, lol..).
rodri
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby jones7781 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Really world class that's he has already proved in the confederation cup. Neymar new addition of Barcelona main squad.
jones7781
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Hams wrote:I think its too early to say yet if Neymar will become world class in the future as he has only
played in the Brazilian league with Santos so far but now he has signed for Barcelona we will see what he is really made of.
He is clearly very talented and deserved to have been crowned the best player in South America in last couple of years.
The only thing I don't like about him is that he dives too much and needs to stop acting like a prima dona.
So the jury is still unconvinced as far as I'm concerned at the moment but I do hope he becomes one of the greats.

Well said...

Like Steely I will also judge him based on his performance in the CL.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to General Football