Chairman Mo sells Fulham to another American

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chairman Mo sells Fulham to another American

Postby Hams » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am

Mohamed Al Fayed has sold Fulham to another American.

New owner Shahid Khan is a Billionaire who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise.

This means there are now 6 Premier League clubs who are run by Americans.

Do we need to do something to make sure that our league doesn't end up being completely owned by foreigners?

Soon there will be no clubs left who are run either by English or Brits and that mustn't be allowed to happen.

How will you remember Chairman Mo who took his side from the 3rd division to the top flight and also European football?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby mrtz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:40 pm

I smell a salary cap coming soon if the Americans keep coming in :lol:
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 pm

I wonder whats going to happen to the statue of Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage?

Can you tell us any more Mrtz about Mr Khan?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:06 pm

I don't know a whole lot about him other than he's made his billions in the automotive parts industry. His wealth is comparable to the Glazers and Kroenke.

He owns the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, which is arguably the worst team in the NFL. However, NFL success (or lack thereof) doesn't mean EPL failure. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the St. Louis Rams aren't exactly dominant figures in the NFL, but they share owners with Manchester United and Arsenal, respectively. Randy Lerner is the other, who owns the Cleveland Browns (another cellar dweller team in the NFL).

From what I've heard, Mr. Kahn shares the FSG philosophy of buying relatively young, and getting some bang for your buck. Liverpool are slowly adapting that model to some success after a few expensive hiccups, but I think the signings this summer have shown some of that "Moneyball" template.

The guy has money, but I'm not sure how much he'll pour in when it comes to transfers. If his track record with the Jaguars is to be taken into account (which it really shouldn't) I'd be worried. Poor attendance, bad management, unhappy stars.

Time will tell.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 am

i suspect that slippery Mr Al Fayed has spun the clueless yank a tale about this glamorous little football club in a pretty part of London.

he'll be bitterly disappointed to actually find a crumbling dump of a ground with no chance of properly increasing of capacity and a non existent fanbase. there is no room for growth here whatsoever so i find it utterly baffling.

Fulham will be relegated within five years.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm

To be fair, it was Wayne Weaver who made the Jags as bad as they are. Khan cannot really be blamed for it.

He made his fortune out of hardly anything so I don't think he's a mug.

However, like Steely pointed out, you've got to wonder what makes Fulham a wise investment. It's a bit of a head scratcher so to buy Fulham in the first place might make one question his judgement.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 pm

KimKallstrom2 wrote:To be fair, it was Wayne Weaver who made the Jags as bad as they are. Khan cannot really be blamed for it.

He made his fortune out of hardly anything so I don't think he's a mug.

However, like Steely pointed out, you've got to wonder what makes Fulham a wise investment. It's a bit of a head scratcher so to buy Fulham in the first place might make one question his judgement.

Jacksonville is a flawed sporting city to begin with, and they should keep Florida teams to Miami and/or Orlando. The sooner they pack up and move to somewhere like Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles, the better.

While Weaver was the genius who fired Coughlin, Kahn has really done nothing to make any significant moves to improve the franchise... but that's a whole other discussion ;)
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm

mrtz wrote:Jacksonville is a flawed sporting city to begin with, and they should keep Florida teams to Miami and/or Orlando. The sooner they pack up and move to somewhere like Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles, the better.

or London...
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
mrtz wrote:Jacksonville is a flawed sporting city to begin with, and they should keep Florida teams to Miami and/or Orlando. The sooner they pack up and move to somewhere like Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles, the better.

or London...

Oh right... that :lol:
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 pm

The Michael Jackson statue behind the Hammersmith Stand at Craven Cottage was removed today and will be returned to former owner Mohammed Al Fayed.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Re:

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am

Steely Hill wrote:Fulham will be relegated within five years.

i really need to stop being so fair in my assessments.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Re: Chairman Mo sells Fulham to another American

Postby Hams » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

They should never have removed Michael Jackson's statue.
There will be no more PL thrillers at the Cottage for some time now and Fulham fans
will probably tell their owner Mr Khan to beat it if they dont win promotion straight back but not everything is as black or white as that.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League