Cesc Fabregas

Join us here on the best transfers and rumours section that you can find anywhere on the internet.

Moderators: Hams, Moderators

Cesc Fabregas

Postby Hams » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:27 pm

News just in that Man Utd have made a 30 million euros offer for Cesc Fabregas!

Should the Spanish international consider leaving Barcelona and moving back to the Premier League?

I understand that Arsenal have some sort of first refusal deal in place but would be surprised if Wenger wanted him back.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:56 pm

A lot of candy but I reckon he is worth it.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 am

David Moyes has confirmed that Man Utd have made a 2nd bid for Cesc Fabregas reported to be £30 million.

With the Spanish club not having a manager at the moment now could be the right time to strike before a new one is appointed.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am

Man Utd are to make a 3rd and final bid of £34 million for Cesc Fabregas and will turn their attentions elsewhere if it isn't accepted.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

It has been reported that there has been a secret meeting between Utd's Ed Woodward
and Fabregas's agent Darren Dein who had a part in the RVP move to Old Trafford so this deal could still be on.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby BMJ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I'll be guttered if we get him.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:56 pm

United's dignity is being dragged through the mud with this pointless saga. They're so used to getting their desired targets they don't know how to stop trying. This will probably bring Moyes back down to earth now and he'll have to look at Fellaini who I think would fit like a glove in that side.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Seamus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Aye, he is waiting for his buy out clause to go active. That starts on Thursday. I Think Fellaini would be great but we need a few more big names.
Seamus

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Seamus wrote:Aye, he is waiting for his buy out clause to go active. That starts on Thursday. I Think Fellaini would be great but we need a few more big names.

Yeah, Moyes losing out to Thiago has scuppered his vision and now he wants Fabregas, which tells me he wants an attacking mid. After Fellaini's season playing attacking mid, i think he'll be brilliant filling that role but if he wants a Thiago/Fabregas type of player, he may not find one unless they swap Rooney for Mata.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Seamus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Seamus wrote:Aye, he is waiting for his buy out clause to go active. That starts on Thursday. I Think Fellaini would be great but we need a few more big names.

Yeah, Moyes losing out to Thiago has scuppered his vision and now he wants Fabregas, which tells me he wants an attacking mid. After Fellaini's season playing attacking mid, i think he'll be brilliant filling that role but if he wants a Thiago/Fabregas type of player, he may not find one unless they swap Rooney for Mata.

That would be a great swap!.
Seamus

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Seamus wrote:
Davey1 wrote:

That would be a great swap!.

Agreed. And it wouldn't effect either clubs style of play.

Barca are the richest club in the world so offering an extra £4m isn't going to budge them. I wouldn't put it past them to reject the offer without looking at it.

Another option could be Marik Hamsik or dare i say it, Erikson.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 am

I've heard that if this move for Fabregas fails then Man Utd will turn their intentions instead to Luka Modric of Real Madrid.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby BMJ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

Modric would be a far better option in my opinion.

Happy to see that the Fabregas move is looking unlikely now.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:25 pm

BMJ wrote:Modric would be a far better option in my opinion.

Why's that? They're a class apart IMO.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby BMJ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:01 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:

I think Modric is a better fit for the squad and for what we require at the moment.

I was impressed with Modric when he was at Spurs. His intelligence and reading of the game was really a highlight of an exciting Spurs outfit. He raised the level of contribution of the players around him through his play. He involved his team mates in attacks and used them intelligently. I think that's important in a midfielder and I think he would work well with the weapons that we have. We need someone in the middle of the park to make composed decisions of how to best utilise our attacking players. He is also comfortable in possession and is a threat shooting outside the box which I think is quite important. I rate him highly.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 am

BMJ wrote:
Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:

I think Modric is a better fit for the squad and for what we require at the moment.

I was impressed with Modric when he was at Spurs. His intelligence and reading of the game was really a highlight of an exciting Spurs outfit. He raised the level of contribution of the players around him through his play. He involved his team mates in attacks and used them intelligently. I think that's important in a midfielder and I think he would work well with the weapons that we have. We need someone in the middle of the park to make composed decisions of how to best utilise our attacking players. He is also comfortable in possession and is a threat shooting outside the box which I think is quite important. I rate him highly.

I would say Fabregas is all of those things and more, each to their own though.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Seamus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:23 pm

After 3 failed bids, each time with Barca saying he is not for sale, United have decided to look elsewhere.......now Barca say he can go to United if he wants!.
Seamus

Postby angela cote » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 pm

he would be better with man utd if he leaves barcelona , tiki taka & pass to messi isn't the style of Fabri , he used to be great at Arsenal :'( miss those good old days
angela cote
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Transfers and Rumours