England v Scotland - 14th August

Join us here to discuss the 2015 Copa America,African Nations Cup and Asian Cup plus England internationals and all Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Moderator: Moderators

England v Scotland - 14th August

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:48 pm

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha,

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Its been a great day for Rickie Lambert who is also celebrating the birth of his daughter!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Its been 14 years since the last time England played against Scotland in a Euro 2000 home and away play off.

Paul Scholes scored twice for England in a 2-0 win at Hampden Park with Don Hutchison scoring the
winner for Scotland in a 1-0 victory at Wembley but The 3 Lions went through 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for the finals.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:50 pm

If we lose I will not step foot out of my house for about a month!.

A few of the guys at work are expecting an avalanche of goals and will take anything less than 7-0 as a good result, in fact they are planning a celebration if Scotland win a corner!.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:25 pm

This match at Wembley is now sold out and there is sure to be a very large and noisy support from the tartan army for Scotland.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Just as long as they leave the goalposts where they are supposed to be this time!.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 am

The English u 21's thrashed Scotland's u 21's 6-0 at Bramall Lane,Sheffield on Tuesday night and it could have been by more.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Teams

England:

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Gerrard, Wilshere, Cleverley, Walcott, Rooney, Welbeck.

Subs - A. Cole,F. Lampard,J. Defoe,J. Milner,G. Johnson,J. Ruddy,B. Foster,C. Smalling,R. Lambert,P. Jones,W. Zaha,A. Oxlade-Chamberlain

Scotland:

McGregor, Hutton, Hanley, Martin, Whittaker, Snodgrass, Brown, Morrison, Forrest, Maloney, Miller.

Subs - G. Greer,D. Marshall,C. Burke,C. Mulgrew,S. Naismith,S. Hammell,C. Conway,M. Gilks,J. McArthur
G. Boyd,B. Bannan,J. Rhodes,A. Webster,G. Dorrans,C. Adam,L. Griffiths,G. Mackay-Steven
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 pm

HT

England 1-1 Scotland

Morrison 11’

Walcott 29'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 pm

FT

England 3-2 Scotland
0-1 Morrison 11’
1-1 Walcott 29’
1-2 Miller 49’
2-2 Welbeck 53’
3-2 Lambert 70’

It was a dream debut for Rickie Lambert who scored the winner when he came on as sub with his first touch of the ball!

Any comments on tonights result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:03 pm

I thought Joe Hart should have done better with Morrison's shot and it was a terrible mistake from the City keeper.
It was a pretty even first half and Theo Walcott took his goal very well to send both sides in level at the break.
I don't think there was anything our keeper could have done though to stop Miller's turn and shot which put the visitors
2-1 ahead at the start of the 2nd half however it was a instant response from Hodgson's men soon and nice header from
Wellbeck who had a decent game to make it 2-2 then Rickie Lambert came on to head in the winner with his first touch!

My man of the match was Cleverley for that great pass that set up Walcott and I thought Baines and Wellbeck also did well.

I still don't think England will qualify for next years world cup finals in Brazil as we have to beat Moldova,Montenegro and Poland at home to do it.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am

yet another blooper by Hart - they're becoming all too frequent.

personally i think Cleverly is and was below average - as he always is. i wouldn't have him anywhere near my squad, let alone team.

Scotland can console themselves as being plucky losers once again but that is the giddy heights they'll always find themselves.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm

The council had to clear away 10,000 empty beer cans from Trafalgar square last night and also several drunk Scots who hadn't managed to get home after the game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 pm

It was a good result for both teams, Scotland looked like they just might win or at least get a draw only for England to pull it out the bag in the end and save embarrassment (especially for me at work!). A good run out for a few of the players with a view to the weekend. An enjoyable game if you remember that the teams FIFA rankings are 15th and 50th. A reporter in the Guardian summed it up best when he said that beating Scotland at Football is like beating your younger brother at Snooker!. Scotland want a return fixture in 2015 at Hampden.
Seamus

Postby specnur » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Steely Hill wrote:yet another blooper by Hart - they're becoming all too frequent.

personally i think Cleverly is and was below average - as he always is. i wouldn't have him anywhere near my squad, let alone team.

Scotland can console themselves as being plucky losers once again but that is the giddy heights they'll always find themselves.

Funny that ,because i thought he had his best outing in an England shirt! At least he looked for the pass and assisted the first!
I have been a big critic of this player ,but i have to give him his due for improving ,even though it's only Scotland.

I wonder if Hodgson will ever have the ball s to bench Gerrard or is he just waiting for word form old stevie G himself?
The Liverpool player was absolutely crap out there in this one ,he shouldn't have been playing for England last year but with this pathetic tendency for England managers to rely on the"old guard" i would prefer Gerrards than Lampard.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 am

specnur wrote:Funny that ,because i thought he had his best outing in an England shirt! At least he looked for the pass and assisted the first!
I have been a big critic of this player ,but i have to give him his due for improving ,even though it's only Scotland.

that says it all, that performance was the pinnacle of his outings.

well he played a ball in behind the defence for Walcott but it was hardly threaded through the eye of a needle and not worthy of the ball licking praise i've seen from our esteemed pals in the media.

put it this way, i wouldn't even raise a smile if West Ham signed him tomorrow.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to International football