West Ham v Cardiff

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Cardiff

Postby Conner99 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:34 pm

West Ham finished last season in 10th place ...a fine result considering their first season back in the Premier League . It will be up to manager Sam Allardyce to build on that success and among the new signings are Spanish keeper Adrian from Real Betis ...the permanent signing of Andy Carroll from Liverpool , Danny Whitehead from Stockport County and Razvan Rat from Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk . They did have a £14.5m bid for Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo rejected so Big Sam will have to go with what he has at the moment .

It will be a home win of course ...surely . ?

Cardiff gained promotion from the Championship and will be out to prove they can hack it with the big boys of the Premier League , boss Malky Mackay has been busy in the transfer market this summer , John Brayford from Derby , Chile international Gary Medel ..Steven Caulker from Tottenham , Andreas Cornelius from FC Copenhagen .

Can these players help Cardiff in their bid to stay in the Premier League ..will they stop the bubbles flowing at Upton Park ?
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 am

It doesn't look like Andy Carroll will be fit to start the season
so we may have to go with Modibo Maiga on his own up front with the support of Nolan.

Looking forward to seeing Downing make his debut plus our new Romanian left back Rat.

Cardiff have made quite a few signings this summer but they may take some time to form as a team.

The Hammers should win this fairly comfortably and it would be great to see Craig Bellamy on the losing side.

West Ham 2-0 Cardiff
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 pm

my previous post in here seems to have gone missing so i'll start again!

i think Downing may start on the bench for this one to allow Cole and Jarvis to patrol the wings but we will likely see our new boy in the second half.

Maiga will be given a chance to prove himself (either to us or potential suitors) and so we should hope he'll want to make his mark, even if it is just to get out of the club.

the team will be quite predictable elsewhere with Rat being the obvious inclusion from our usual team of last year. it would be good to see Morrison given a proper run out at some point although that would mean subbing Nolan which is tantamount to blasphemy in the Allardyce handbook.

i've seen nothing from cardiff that instills fear although in Maynard and Bellamy they obviously have plenty of pace, something we've traditionally struggled against. i don't know a huge amount about their signings but the obligatory 'setlling in period' will hopefully mean we don't feel their effects too much.

i think a two goal margin in favour of west ham united will be the result and since Hams has taken 2-0, i'll opt for 3-1
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Teams

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, Cole, Maiga.

Subs: Adrian, Tomkins, Rat, Diarra, Morrison, Downing, Vaz Te.

Cardiff:
Marshall, Connolly, Turner, Caulker, John, Medel, Gunnarsson, Kim, Whittingham, Bellamy, Campbell.

Subs: Lewis, Hudson, Smith, Gestede, Mutch, Cowie, Maynard.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

FT

West Ham 2-0 Cardiff
1-0 J.Cole 13'
2-0 Nolan 76'

Any comments on West Ham's win?

It sounds like it was a comfortable win for the Hammers.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:00 pm

It was indeed a comfortable win for West Ham and one that the Hammers deserved to win by such a margin.

It was a lovely turn and shot by Joe Cole to score the opener but the highlight of the game was the Irons second goal.

Big Sam's side showed that they can play football and a beautiful passage of one touch pass and movement ended
with Kevin Nolan firing the ball into the back of the net to enable him to get in his first chicken dance celebration of the season

It was hard to pick any outstanding player but I though Mo Diame did very well and I'm pleased he didn't leave the club.

Cardiff only had one shot on target the whole game and Kim had their best chance but decided to shoot rather than pass to Bellamy.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 am

dominating and convincing win. in truth we should have had more but i'm content with a two goal win and yet another home clean sheet to build on our good work from last season.

the team looked fluid and well up for the match which isn't always the case in opening games. Allardyce has put this down to starting earlier than most other sides in his pre season preparations but whatever it was i am happy with.

the most crucial thing is to not undo this work with a shoddy away display, as was the case at the start of last season.

Cardiff will need to do a bit more than just try to foul all around the middle of the pitch but it's hard to properly judge them since they will need some adaptation time. that said, i am always delighted when we beat those burberry capped chavs.

enjoyable win all round and i can not think of a single negative from the game (that isn't to say it was perfect, simply that nothing needs highlighting). the most pleasing thing was our strength on the bench and the fact that players like Jack Collison couldn't even make it onto the bench. strength in numbers will be crucial to bettering our position from last season and competition for places will be fierce. it's a very rare thing for us to have, that is for sure.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:25 am

Steely Hill wrote:dominating and convincing win. in truth we should have had more but i'm content with a two goal win and yet another home clean sheet to build on our good work from last season.

the team looked fluid and well up for the match which isn't always the case in opening games. Allardyce has put this down to starting earlier than most other sides in his pre season preparations but whatever it was i am happy with.

the most crucial thing is to not undo this work with a shoddy away display, as was the case at the start of last season.

Cardiff will need to do a bit more than just try to foul all around the middle of the pitch but it's hard to properly judge them since they will need some adaptation time. that said, i am always delighted when we beat those burberry capped chavs.

enjoyable win all round and i can not think of a single negative from the game (that isn't to say it was perfect, simply that nothing needs highlighting). the most pleasing thing was our strength on the bench and the fact that players like Jack Collison couldn't even make it onto the bench. strength in numbers will be crucial to bettering our position from last season and competition for places will be fierce. it's a very rare thing for us to have, that is for sure.

You must have been doubly delighted to see Noble hack down the nimble footed Korean player form behind ,and then walk away laughing with his teammates! :D
British bullyism at it's finest ,oh how they pick there victims wisely!
Not unlike that neanderthal Grant Hanley pushing Walcott, who is almost half his size ,all over the pitch for an incident that did not even involve him! Are we seeing local frustration's raising it's ugly head yet again in our greatest of sports?
Cowardice of the highest order in full display on both accounts! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:31 am

we gave as good as we got, old chap.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League