Swansea v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Swansea v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Swansea will face champions Man Utd with confidence high after the success of last season ..the Capital Cup and a respectable 9th ion the Premier League . Swansea city coach Alan Curtis reckons it is a good time to face them ..Curtis predicts Moyes will be a worthy successor to Ferguson, but thinks his team might be vulnerable early on.
"It really is a good time to play them," he said."There's the Wayne Rooney issue and I think the results looking at them have been a little bit sketchy over pre-season,"

Man Utd begin their defence of the Premier League with a trip to Swansea , new manger David Moyes got his first ever trophy with the 2-0 win over Wigan in the Community Shield ..he did say though that this one is still down to Sir Alex ..
"I class that as another piece of silverware for Sir Alex. It was his team that won the league by 13-15 points so it's his team. The ones going forward will be down to me."

So can David Moyes get off to the perfect start and win his first Premier League game as Man Utd boss .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

should be a pretty good game this one.

Man United never needed to leave 2nd gear against Wigan buit they'll need to up their game here. eyes will obviously be on Van Persie to produce the goals that will get Moyes some early season points to ease the pressure of his first season at a top club.

i am predicting 1-1 for this game. Bony and Van Persie with the goals.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm

I see that David Moyes is already complaining about how unkind the opening fixtures are for Man Utd.

I was really impressed with Swansea last season and can see them doing well again with Michu now having Bony along side.

Swansea 2-2 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Teams

Swansea City:
Vorm; Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies; Britton, Canas; Dyer, Shelvey, Routledge; Michu.

Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Taylor, Ki Sung-Yueng, Pozuelo, Pablo H, Bony.

Manchester United:
De Gea, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Giggs, Vidic, Carrick, Welbeck, Van Persie, Cleverley, Valencia.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Smalling, Zaha, Fabio, Kagawa, Rooney.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:17 pm

0-2, that should quieten the doubters who question Moyes's credentials as a Man Utd manager. The Swans have had a lot of possession, but have done knack all with it. Two sucker punches...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm

FT

Swansea 1-4 Man Utd
0-1 van Persie 34’
0-2 Welbeck 36’
0-3 van Persie 72’
1-3 Bony 82'
1-4 Welbeck 90’

A winning start for David Moyes then with Van Persie and Wellbeck both scoring twice each and Rooney coming on as a sub.

Any comments on Man Utd's win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Van Persie is just a get out of jail card of epic proportions ,United looked
sluggish and devoid of ideas in the first half ,Swansea just closed down
their midfield by closing down Carrick ,thus preventing him the room to
dictate the play ...... and then the Dutchman decided to swing those
magic boots.

After that Shelvey went missing and Swansea's play became impatient
and hurried , Ok some pretty passing ,but no end product.

Swansea fans will have to get used to Shelvey donning his travel camouflage
when the opposition start to regain the confidence to press.

Overall a comfortable win for United with Swansea once again flattering to
deceive.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 am

The Swans will be as effective, if not more, than last season despite this defeat. They are a pretty slick attacking side, the goals will come. I just hope it won't be next weekend when they come to the Lane!
As for Man Utd, they continue their ability to win games without dominating them - you couldn't see the seam in the join between Fergie finishing and Moyes starting. One or two quality signings and I wouldn't be surprised to see them at the top of the pile come the end of the season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Seamus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Happy enough with that. 3 points, 4 goals and building up some momentum for next week.
Seamus

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 am

Van Persie once again showing why he is the best player in this division, regardless of the hype surrounding the wantaway 'stars' at the moment.

absolutely lethal when given a sniff of goal which effortless technique. truly a joy to watch. i don't think Man United were all that impressive to justify the scoreline but credit where it is due, i doubt anyone would have called that kind of win here.

midfield reinforcements are still undoubtedly required for Man United though so it will be interesting to see where Moyes turns for that.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Not a great game but certainly lit up by RVP. Looks like he will be the only chance Utd have of retaining their title.
That said it was nice to see Wellbeck grab a couple and hopefully he has a good season from an England point of view.
If they get a midfielder or two they may still challenge but on this showing I would assume Chelski and Citeh will have too much for them.
Bren10

Postby Conner99 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Bren10 wrote:Not a great game but certainly lit up by RVP. Looks like he will be the only chance Utd have of retaining their title.
That said it was nice to see Wellbeck grab a couple and hopefully he has a good season from an England point of view.
If they get a midfielder or two they may still challenge but on this showing I would assume Chelski and Citeh will have too much for them.

that is why Man Utd paid so much for him from Arsenal , he is the difference for sure , Moyes is lucky he already has a pretty good team ..first game out of the way ..now can he keep it up .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League