Chelsea v Aston Villa

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Aston Villa

Postby Conner99 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Chelsea gave Jose Mourinho the perfect welcome back on his return as the blues manager ..now known as `the happy one` he will certainly have been pleased with a 2-0 win against newly promote Hull City . The result was never in doubt after goals from Oscar and a piledriver from Lampard , it will a another home game next for Chelsea ..can they do it again for Jose .

Aston Villa provided the shock of the weekend when they gave Arsenal an opening day 3-1 defeat at the Emirates , it was Christain Benteke who did most of the damage with two goals and manager Paul Lambert must be thinking how lucky he is after almost losing his star striker last month .

Can Paul Lambert take his side to Stamford Bridge and cause another upset ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa

Postby redpelt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 am

Conner99 wrote:Chelsea gave Jose Mourinho the perfect welcome back on his return as the blues manager ..now known as `the happy one` he will certainly have been pleased with a 2-0 win against newly promote Hull City . The result was never in doubt after goals from Oscar and a piledriver from Lampard , it will a another home game next for Chelsea ..can they do it again for Jose .

Aston Villa provided the shock of the weekend when they gave Arsenal an opening day 3-1 defeat at the Emirates , it was Christain Benteke who did most of the damage with two goals and manager Paul Lambert must be thinking how lucky he is after almost losing his star striker last month .

Can Paul Lambert take his side to Stamford Bridge and cause another upset ..

Lambert is a very clever tactician,but if he employs a similar strategy against
Chelsea I believe he will come unstuck somewhat . Chelsea looked methodical
against Hull ,not unlike a German team and once they score they look extremely
difficult to break down....The victory against Hull had Mourinho's indelible hallmark
etched firmly on it ,cant see them falling to Villa.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 am

Villa's defense is far too weak to endure 90 minutes of the most loaded mid field attack in the league!
We could be looking at a battering and i am predicting a 5-1 Chelsea win.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 pm

i wonder if Paul Lambert will change tactics against Chelsea , any good manager should be studying their next opponents to see what the best option of attack is ...or not . :lol: , maybe he will play a defensive game ...would still be surprised if Villa came away with anything at all from the match .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am

Did you know that Aston Villa suffered their biggest ever defeat in the Barclays Premier League on their last visit to Stamford Bridge (8-0).

I don't think we will see a repeat of that scoreline tonight but the Villains must not let the Blues dominate midfield like Hull did on Sunday.

Chelsea 3-1 Aston Villa
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby redpelt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:38 pm

I think Lambert's Villa will be extremely motivated for this encounter ,but that said
I really cant see another team capitulating like Arsenal ,Villa's victory clearly owed
more to the ridiculous sending off of Koscielny and some slack midfield play from
the Gunners,but Villa were still sharp enough to profit from Arsenals mistakes.

I think this game will be tighter than a lot of people seem to think ,Lambert has
Villa playing a rigid formation with the onus firmly on Abonglahor's service to
Benteke to force the counter attack. Chelsea's midfield looks almost regimental in its
disciplined structure ,and an early goal would see them dominate proceedings.

Not expecting a classic 2-1 Chelsea.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Jose Mourinho has asked his team to blow Villa away ...so a 3-0 or 4-0 win is required to fit that request .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:13 pm

I think there may be a little bit of a false dawn at Villa - pundits are now talking them up and saying how hard they will be to beat this season. I'm not convinced, I think they got a spade full of luck against Arsenal. 3-1.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Teams

Chelsea:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ba..

subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Van Ginkel, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Lukaku

Aston Villa:
Guzan; Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna; El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph; Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann..

subs: Steer, Bennett, Okore, Bacuna, Helenius, Sylla, Tonev
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

HT

Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa

1-0 Luna 6’ (o.g.)

1-1 Benteke 45’

Christian Benteke fired in the equaliser for Aston Villa right on the stroke of half time after Luna's OG had given Chelsea an early lead.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I was watching the Arsenal game, but I hear Villa were unlucky tonight. Looking forward to seeing the highlights.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 pm

FT

Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa
1-0 Luna 6’ (o.g.)
1-1 Benteke 45’
2-1 Ivanovic 73’

I was also watching the Arsenal game but it sounds like Chelsea were very lucky to win all 3 points and that Villa put in a good display.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Was Paul Lambert right to complain that Ivanovic should have been sent off for elbowing Benteke and that Villa
should have had a penalty at the end when the ball hit Terry's arm or did the officials get both of those decisions correct?

I seem to remember that his side got some very controversial incidents go in his favour during their 3-1 win at Arsenal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Benteke was the closest thing to Drogba this league has right now. Big time player with limited service Arsenal should have made a bid for him .His finish for that goal convinces me he would fit into that team perfectly reactions like a cat and unselfish to boot. What a player!
By the way ,anyone see Lampard shank about 4 passes into touch in a row! :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I said it would be a tight game ,but Chelsea's insistence on sitting back
on a 1 goal lead really did give Villa a lot more impetus than what their
lack of the ball merited ,Chelsea should have put Villa to the proverbial
sword,but their overall play stagnated in the middle and Villa and in
particular Benteke were sharp enough to reap the dividends.

Ivanovic clearly should not of been included in the remnants of the game
his forearm smash across Benteke's neck wouldn't have looked out of place
in Tekken let alone a football pitch ....Then to profit from the referees
leniency in allowing him to stay on the pitch by heading the eventual winner
really was a glaring Faux Pas on the officials part .
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:35 pm

specnur wrote:By the way ,anyone see Lampard shank about 4 passes into touch in a row! :lol:

The Sun awarded Mr Lampard as man of the match.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:By the way ,anyone see Lampard shank about 4 passes into touch in a row! :lol:

The Sun awarded Mr Lampard as man of the match.

You got to be F*cking kidding me?
There is no way that happened,if it did then it completely backs up my claim of the English press!
How they can award that to that man with that performance is beyond a joke and it reeks of the blind patriotism that has hampered the national team for years!
I think they might want to look at the stats in the passes made and try and see how many of Lampards passes were going forward and how many were passes back or lateral. How many passes going forward were success and how many failed.
Because from this eye ,i would say he made probably 10 % of his passes going froward.

In a creative sense and him being a mid fielder ,he has to be one of the worst players in the league in the top 10 clubs!
The ONLY reason a team as stacked as CHelsea struggle against a team like Villa is because you got that lump in the middle of the park that most of his teammates are trying to bypass because he slow the game down.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League