Fulham v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Fulham v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Fulham won 1-0 at Sunderland despite being dominated by The Black Cats , Pajtim Kasami scored his first Fulham goal to give his side all 3 points and the perfect start to the new season , manager Martin Jol said after the game "I think it was a perfect away result but not a perfect performance. We had to grind out the result. It was a very scrappy game for us".

Arsenal had a morale boosting win against Fenerbahce in the Champions League qualifiers , it was needed after the shock 3-1 defeat by Aston Villa at the Emirates last weekend . There are still problems though for manager Arsene Wenger , as well as the continuing search for new players he has another player to add to the injury list .. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be out until November with a ligament injury .

A win against Fulham will be vital as Arsenal aim to get their first points of the season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:52 pm

fully expect Arsenal to get back on track with a win here.

Fulham are always an unpredictable side but Arsenal simply can not afford to come away from this with nothing and so will surely force the win in whatever way they can.

i reckon a 1-3 scoreline will be the result.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Scott Parker and Darren Bent could make their Fulham debuts
but if Arsenal play as well as they did against Fenerbahce the other night
even though the Turkish side were rubbish they should take all 3 points at the Cottage.

My prediction - Fulham 1-2 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Rambo1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Comfortable win for Arsenal.

I'm pretty sure Fulham only managed one shot on target last week and Arsenal will take confidence from the win in Turkey.

1-3.
Rambo1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 pm

It depends on who plays the main issue is Bent ! If he plays he will be incredibly motivated to do well ,having shedding the shackles and doubts of the Villa boss! One can never question the payers ability based on the amount of goals he's scored when allowed to play ,so i see him as a threat.

2-2
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:28 am

Rambo1 wrote:Comfortable win for Arsenal.

I'm pretty sure Fulham only managed one shot on target last week and Arsenal will take confidence from the win in Turkey.

1-3.

Fulham still beat Sunderland 1-0 though!

PS - Welcome back to the forum Rambo :D
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Rambo1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:34 am

Hams wrote:

1-3.

Fulham still beat Sunderland 1-0 though!

PS - Welcome back to the forum Rambo :D

I know but it was all Sunderland. With the quality Arsenal have I expect them to take these chances.

Thanks mate.

Been very busy the last few months.
Rambo1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Teams

Fulham:
Stockdale, Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise, Duff, Parker, Sidwell, Taarabt, Kasami, Berbatov.

Subs - Karagounis,Bent,Ruiz,Briggs,Boateng,Etheridge,Kacaniklic

Arsenal:

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Sagna, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Frimpong, Zelalem, Wilshere, Gnabry, Sanogo.
Last edited by Hams on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm

That must be one of the weakest Arsenal subs bench's that I can remember for many long years. :shock:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 pm

HT

Fulham 0-2 Arsenal

Giroud 14'

Podolski 41'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:52 pm

FT

Fulham 1-3 Arsenal
0-1 Giroud 14'
0-2 Podolski 41'
0-3 Podolski 68'
1-3 Bent 77

Any comments on Arsenal's victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Carrying on the momentum from their game vs. Fenerbahce. Played with some intent. Upset at Mertesacker for costing me a clean sheet in fantasy :lol:

Unless a couple of new faces come in, it'll be difficult if the injury bug bites.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Rambo1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:27 pm

1-3.

8) :wink:
Rambo1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:33 pm

As i predicted Bent would be the main reason for concern ,he didn't play until Arsenal was al;ready 3-0 i think then he came on and slotted one in. I'm just glad he didn't start this one or i think it could have been a different story!
Good win , but i hope it doesn't effect Wenger's plan on buying new players.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:48 pm

a deserved win for us and we played with a lot of belief and confidence , should have been at least a couple more ...some poor decisions from Giroud and Podolski on a couple of chances when through .

I don't know if Bent had come on earlier the result would have been different , it is always the way when a player makes an immediate impact ...if he had only been used from the start ..etc Fulham did create some good chances and Szczesny made a couple of great saves . I though Podolski played very well ...don't know why Wenger does not play him more often .

If we get those new signings in the next week we can still do well this season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:10 am

I thought at one point that the match would be abandoned due to the heavy rain but the pitch somehow managed to hold out!

Lukas Podolski really was excellent out there and played very well and should be a regular starter if he continues in this form.

Fulham just couldn't cope with Arsenal's midfield especially Cazorla who dominated the game and ran rings around Parker and Sidwell.

I don't think having Bent on from the start would have made any difference against a side like the Gunners who on their day can beat anybody.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 am

Been away for the weekend so unfortunately wasn't able to catch the game but I've seen the goals and it appears Podolski put in a shift, showing once more why there's no way whatsoever he should be sold when we have a squad this thin.

I don't think having Bent on from the start would have made any difference against a side like the Gunners who on their day can beat anybody.

I agree with this entirely, but I think we're a fragile side and we need to beat Fenerbache again tonight to keep the confidence high for the Spurs game this weekend.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Conner99 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Hams wrote:Lukas Podolski really was excellent out there and played very well and should be a regular starter if he continues in this form.

damn your praise Hams...next match injured and out for 3 weeks . :cry:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 am

i know Ramsey is everyone's man of the moment but giving him man of the match in this game was a complete joke. i couldn't believe my eyes when it flashed up on the screen.

he gave the ball away on five consecutive occasions in the first half, sometimes under no pressure at all. after that he seemed to just do nothing besides pass the ball to the nearest available player.

for me, Mertesacker was the real man of the match closely followed by Podolski.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:11 pm

I would have said Podolski was man of the match ....Ramsey was ok but agree he did not play that well .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League