Newcastle v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Newcastle were blown away by a rampant Man City ...4-0 was a result manager Alan Pardew did not want on the opening day of the new season , and a red card for defender Steven Taylor made it a miserable day for the Toon Army . The result left Newcastle bottom of the table ..manager Alan Pardew was full of praise for keeper Tim Krul though "he was fantastic and needed to be because Manchester City will not lose many games this season. At the end of the day we have just lost a game, nothing else, and have two home games coming up now."

West Ham beat new boys Cardiff 2-0 and Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan showed the Blubirds how to finish with a goal in each half , manager Sam Allardyce was happy with the result .." We've done a great job today. Our time spent in pre-season has stood us in good stead. We showed today that physically and mentally we were 100 per cent ready for the Premier League."We won the came comfortably, perhaps not taking as many chances as we'd have liked, but that doesn't matter now because it's a 2-0 victory and a clean sheet."They were two very good goals from Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan and the team performed very, very well."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:51 am

little bit concerned about our game to be honest.

our first away game last season was an utter disaster, probably the worst performance of the season, and so i'm hoping we'll have learned from that. to add to that, our two games against Newcastle last season were among the dreariest i've witnessed for quite some time.

however, Newcastle appear all over the place and (apparently) are there for the taking. i wouldn't expect us to be overly complacent though and think we'll keep professional. this game will be telling about how Allardyce plans to set us up for away games. he was criticised a fair bit for being too negative away from home and without anybody capable of holding the ball up he'll have to try to lean a bit more towards our home set up.

i wouldn't comlpain at a draw to be honest but back to back wins would be just lovely since that eluded us last season so it would be good to get that out of the way so early on in the season.

a rather unsteady prediction of 0-1 with a Kevin Nolan goal against his former club.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm

I hope that Big Sam will be more positive with his line ups for our away games
but with Andy Carroll still not ready to start and no new strikers signed that may not be possible just yet.

It looks like we will go with the same team that beat Cardiff last week and I'd be happy to come away with a draw.

We should have done a Wenger a made a bid for Cisse to further upset Alan Pardew and his French Legion.

It looks like Newcastle will line up on Saturday without a single English player in their line up which is a disgrace.

My prediction - Newcastle 1-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 am

Hopefully Stewart Downing will start today with Matt Jarvis on the other flank to provide plenty of crosses for Maiga. :)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Teams

NEWCASTLE:
Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Anita, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi, Cissé.

Subs: Elliot, Gouffran, Gosling, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Dummett

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Downing, Jarvis, Maiga.

Subs: Adrian, Rat, Tomkins, Diarra, Morrison, Cole, Vaz Te
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Stewart Downing does start with the unlucky Joe Cole who scored last week having to drop down to the subs bench.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm

FT

Newcastle 0-0 West Ham

Any comments on todays match?

It sounds like draw was a fair result but will say more after I've seen the highlights.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 am

Newcastle didn't have a single shot on target during the 90 minutes!

While West Ham only had 1 we at least created plenty of chances and could have won this game.

The best of them all fell to Kevin Nolan but he sadly headed the ball well wide of the net.

Winston Reid also got behind Francastle's defence twice but was unable to connect either opportunities.

There was a crazy moment at the end when Gouffran missed from a couple of yards out but it would have been unjust had the Toon won.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

dull match with very little on offer from both sides. gotta be hard to argue against us being the better side considering the chances we had in comparison to them but i am not complaining at a draw and yet another clean sheet.

Ravel Morrison wearing gloves though? wtf
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League