Tottenham v Swansea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Swansea

Postby Conner99 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Tottenham had a fine win in midweek as they thrashed Dinamo Tbilisi 5-1 in the away leg of their Europa League qualifier , all without Real Madrid bound Gareth Bale , new signings Paulingo and Solado both got on the scoresheet and they will face Swansea at White Hart Lane with confidence growing as the news season continues .

Swansea were battered 4-1 by Man Utd last weekend so the 5-1 home win against Romanian side Petrolul Ploiesti in their Europa League qualifier first leg will be a welcome boost for Michael Laudrup and his players as they visit White Hart Lane to face Tottenham and try and get their Premier League campaign started .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am

Both of these teams played very well in the Europa League during the week and this could be a very entertaining match.

Andros Townsend and Wayne Routledge should both start for their teams after putting in man of the match displays on Thursday.

I think Tottenham will just have too much for the Swans at White Hart Lane and will win this 2-1 with Soldado finding the net again.

Tottenham 2-1 Swansea.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 am

Dud you know that Jan Vertonghen scored in both of the Premier League games between Spurs and Swansea last season.

Any comments or predictions for todays match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Teams

TOTTENHAM
Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Rose, Townsend, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado.

Subs: Kaboul, Naughton, Defoe, Sigurdsson, Friedel, Carroll, Sandro.

SWANSEA
Vorm, Rangel, Chico Flores, Williams, Davies, Canas, de Guzman, Shelvey, Routledge, Hernandez, Michu.

Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Richards, Britton, Pozuelo, Lamah, Bony.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:06 pm

HT

Spurs 0-0 Swansea
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 pm

FT

Tottenham 1-0 Swansea
1-0 Soldado 58’ (pen.)

Spurs weren't awarded any penalties last season and now get 2 in 2 weeks with both of them scored by Soldado.

Any comments on Tottenham's win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Job done for Spurs. I was there today, and while I would have liked to have see my team get 'into the ribs' of Swansea a win is a win. The team has yet to gel so I'm not going to be too critical. Capoue is very powerful and talented, as is Chaldi. Danny Rose has come back full of energy, Spurs look strong in defence and midfield. Soldado did not get much service today, I think Paulhino will provide that as the team develops. Meantime maximum points with Arsenal ahead, looking good. :)
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Job done for Spurs. I was there today, and while I would have liked to have see my team get 'into the ribs' of Swansea a win is a win. The team has yet to gel so I'm not going to be too critical. Capoue is very powerful and talented, as is Chaldi. Danny Rose has come back full of energy, Spurs look strong in defence and midfield. Soldado did not get much service today, I think Paulhino will provide that as the team develops. Meantime maximum points with Arsenal ahead, looking good. :)

indeed. positive results despite less than positive performances is very un-spurs.

with your Europa League tie all sewn up it sets you up very nicely for the Arsenal game. if you're going to get your season started at any point you'd want it to be that game.

think Soldado needs to work a bit harder when he hasn't got the ball though. seems to go missing and gets a bit pedestrian at times which isn't great for this league. perhaps that will come with time though.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League