Bayern Munich v Chelsea - 30th August

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Bayern Munich v Chelsea - 30th August

Postby Hams » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Champions League winners Bayern Munich take on
Europa League winners Chelsea in Prague,Czech republic for the UEFA Super Cup on Friday night.
Both managers of course in Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho know each other very well from their time in Spain.
Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Bayern-Chelsea

Postby Uptonpark » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Balanced match. Bayern Munchen stronger but Chelsea is a treacherous team. Two very good coach, it's very hard to say who will win the match, for me Chelsea i more compact team in this moment.
Uptonpark
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Simply » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:46 pm

..normally this should be an easy win for Bayern Munich here, but I'm going for something like a 3-2 win for Chelsea :lol: ....

Having watched almost every recent match of Bayern Munich, I have to say that the team seams very confused of Pep Guardiola's football vision...

he tends to play a 4-1-4-1 formation ... which means that he doesn't play the Schweinsteiger/Martinez duo like Heynckes did last season... with only one defensive midfielder Bayern Munich seems to have enormous trouble on counter attacks...
also the offensive midfield has not found their finishing instincts yet.. while having 70-80% ball possession they don't have a clue how to play against a good defence..

Bayern Munich was the strongest team in europe and in my opinion they still would be, but not by the way the play right now...
Guardiola has to quit messing around for that...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 am

Simply wrote:..normally this should be an easy win for Bayern Munich here, but I'm going for something like a 3-2 win for Chelsea :lol: ....

I HOPE that was a poor attempt a joke pal! :D
Bayern must be sh!tting a brick right about now! ,but then again KIng Drogba the Bayern dream wrecker is not in the line up!
I would say judging by Mourniho's selection against man u Chelsea will find this game a tough one. CHelsea have by far the most superior team on the planet. If both camps have such confusion then maybe it should be a fun game to watch.IT will definitely be a game both teams want to win that's for sure.
3-2 Bayern Pep will loko to try and get the GErman fans on his side by beating a European power house!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:39 am

..hahaha.. that's a weird situation.. you thinking bayern will win and me going for a Chelsea win :lol:

... but I'm actually serious about it :D .. Bayern just managed to play only 1-1 against Sc Freiburg yesterday :lol: ..
This team is still trying to figure out what Pep wants from them... by now they are very confused...

CHelsea have by far the most superior team on the planet

.. sorry I don't agree with you here... In fact when I look at the Chelsea squad I see massive quality and if Mourinho doesn't do to much faults this team should win the PL title quite easily...

...but Bayern Munich just won the treble with this squad last year and additionally signed Götze and Tiago this season.. in these terms Bayern is definitely ahead...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby redpelt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 am

Bayern Munich played Freiburg earlier and they looked severely disjointed
and very sloppy in possession ,the game ended 1-1 and for me Guardiola
has it all to do if he wants to take them up another level .

I think the Super Cup will be a tight affair,especially when you take into
account the managers mutual loathing for one and other . If Mourinho
plays the same cautious formation as the other night ,then he will hand
the game to Bayern on the proverbial plate.

Bayern have Thiago Alcantara ruled out with torn ligaments ,which is a
massive loss for Guardiola ,but I think Bayern will still lift the Super Cup.

2-1 Bayern
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Simply wrote:..hahaha.. that's a weird situation.. you thinking bayern will win and me going for a Chelsea win :lol:

... but I'm actually serious about it :D .. Bayern just managed to play only 1-1 against Sc Freiburg yesterday :lol: ..
This team is still trying to figure out what Pep wants from them... by now they are very confused...

CHelsea have by far the most superior team on the planet

.. sorry I don't agree with you here... In fact when I look at the Chelsea squad I see massive quality and if Mourinho doesn't do to much faults this team should win the PL title quite easily...

...but Bayern Munich just won the treble with this squad last year and additionally signed Götze and Tiago this season.. in these terms Bayern is definitely ahead...

I suggest you match the teams man for man in every position and think again pal!
You are on CRACK if you think Bayern have batter squad than Chelsea!
:lol:

As i have always said teams form your league benefit from winter breaks and softer domestic competition every year!
That's reality!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hazard7707 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:31 pm

I think Chelsea will edge this one 2-1. Bayern Munich are the winners of the UEFA Champions League and may enter this match as favourites but they are far from invincible, as they showed by drawing 1-1 with 14th placed Freiburg at the weekend. With midfield general Bastian Schweinsteiger injured and Javi Martinez mostly being deployed as a central defender by Guardiola, I think Bayern will struggle to contain Chelsea's attacking midfielders. Luck is also on the Europa League champions' side as history shows that since Chelsea won the UEFA Super Cup in 1998, 9 of the past 16 UEFA Super Cup champions were the teams that won the Europa League.
Hazard7707
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Simply » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

specnur wrote:I suggest you match the teams man for man in every position and think again pal!

... In my opinion Bayern wins nearly every position match up then....
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:I suggest you match the teams man for man in every position and think again pal!

... In my opinion Bayern wins nearly every position match up then....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just say Van Buyten and embarrass your ass! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The player is a joke!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Your right simply bayern have the better team. Definitely attacking wise anyway. And it's close in defense but bayern have the edge there. Specnur Chelsea don't even have the best team in the premier league. That goes to man city
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm

specnur wrote:I'll just say Van Buyten and embarrass your ass! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The player is a joke!

hmm.. I think he is a pretty reliable and solid centreback.. but far from first choice anyway...
I don't get your point here..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:08 am

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:I'll just say Van Buyten and embarrass your ass! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The player is a joke!

hmm.. I think he is a pretty reliable and solid centreback.. but far from first choice anyway...
I don't get your point here..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't half make me laugh simply! but i have to admire your blind loyalty for your team!
Boateng is your first choice ,he just happens to be a man city reject also!
The only player i would say that has a fighting chance in the battle of positions is ALaba and that is only because Ashley Cole is getting old and Alaba is on the way up and may eclipse Cole at some point. IF the Swiss international equal Ashley Cole level of Consistency you will have one of the best left backs this century!

I would also say Robben could give some a challenge also ,but he;s another who fled the toughness of the Premiership for calmer waters in Germany when he was no longer needed at CHelsea. YO don't have one defensive mid who can compare to either Essien or Ramires and i would challenge any of your defensive mids to put in a performance Mikel has done in the last year in premiership league play!
I come to such opinion based on the performance those Bayern players have put out against premiership opposition ,and how consistent they are at maintaining the same level they afford Bayern in the bundesliga. To cut a long story short , they are pitiful! I want to ask you how you come to your opinion?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 am

Essien barely counts as a football player anymore.

a shadow of the player he once was - but then he is 47 years old now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Steely Hill wrote:he is 47 years old now.

Not true - his son, Freddy Adu, can vouch for him.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:31 pm

I would take shweinsteiger Ribery robben Martinez or Gustavo or kroos over any midfield chelsea put out. I would take lahm over ivanovic and Dante over Cahill. specnur don't keep going on about performances against English clubs. They have played well in more than they haven't.bayern easily beat both Manchester clubs and arsenal over the last couple of years. And don't go on about arsenal almost coming bback against a team who more than likely thought it was over after the first leg. They beat them when it mattered and arsenal played like they had nothing to lose
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:49 pm

ok..where do I start...

but i have to admire your blind loyalty for your team

I have to correct you here.. my team would be Borussia Dortmund :lol: .. actually I'm pretty happy that Bayern only drew Freiburg on tuesday:D ...

I want to ask you how you come to your opinion

I come to my opinion, because Bayern Munich played 3 Champions League finals in four years...
the only team who is nearly as successful is Barcelona, who reached the semi finals four times in a row...

most of Bayern Munich's players also have massive success with their national teams... I don't get how you can seriously deny the quality of those players, when they are always on top of all competition with their league teams and their national teams...

wrong again.. my first choice would be Dante of course.. if Badstuber wasn't injured all the time, he would be the 2nd centreback choice..

At Manchester Boateng played as a full back.... as a centre back he is also pretty reliable.. he doesn't fail very much and is pretty good in game opening... I wouldn't say he is world class but he is good!

I would also say Robben could give some a challenge also ,but he;s another who fled the toughness of the Premiership for calmer waters in Germany when he was no longer needed at CHelsea

If Robben was on the same level for 6 years this would be an argument.. but sometimes players improve you know?!.. the last year was absolutely world class by Robben... there was a time in Munich when he just came off the bench, because he was no match to Müller on his position...but he fought back and was close to be a Top 3 Nominee for the European Player of the Year Award this time...

YO don't have one defensive mid who can compare to either Essien or Ramires and i would challenge any of your defensive mids to put in a performance Mikel has done in the last year in premiership league play!

ok.. you know my point here.. I think there is no match for Schweinsteiger here... the Schweinsteiger/Martinez duo blew all teams away last year.. Bayern just conceded 23 goals in ALL COMPETITIONS... this was a result of the perfect defensiv midfield Bayern had to offer last season...

I come to such opinion based on the performance those Bayern players have put out against premiership opposition ,and how consistent they are at maintaining the same level they afford Bayern in the bundesliga.

don't get me wrong... I accept it as an argument, that english clubs have way more matches to play and no winter break... :!: this is a good point...

but I don't think that in general players have easier oppositions in germany...

please explain to me how Mertesacker can be a key player for Arsenal, when he came only from Werder Bremen who are nothing but a joke in the Bundesliga....
Podolski came from Fc Köln(:lol:) to Arsenal London..
How comes that a player like Van der Vaart was a key player for Tottenham, when his Bundesliga Hamburger SV will be lucky not to get relegated this season...
Edin Dzeko only played in Wolfsburg and now for Manchester City..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Simply wrote:
I want to ask you how you come to your opinion

I come to my opinion, because Bayern Munich played 3 Champions League finals in four years...
the only team who is nearly as successful is Barcelona, who reached the semi finals four times in a row...

Lost to that incredible team Inter twice and chelsea once in that time. Their best effort was against man u in that time.BUt as i have always stated from the day i joined this forum Man u are sacred sh!tless of big name European teams! So Bayern had an advantage going into that one but no less a great victory and Robben's goal was one of the best i have seen in that cups history.

most of Bayern Munich's players also have massive success with their national teams... I don't get how you can seriously deny the quality of those players, when they are always on top of all competition with their league teams and their national teams...

It means nothing unless that success is against the best teams mate who many time do i have to tell you!
They don't get credit for beating the likes of montnegro pal!

wrong again.. my first choice would be Dante of course.. if Badstuber wasn't injured all the time, he would be the 2nd centreback choice..

At Manchester Boateng played as a full back.... as a centre back he is also pretty reliable.. he doesn't fail very much and is pretty good in game opening... I wouldn't say he is world class but he is good!

Dante is a solid player ,but predicting he will do as well in the premiership base don his bundesliga performances is a bit hopeful mate!Different kind of pressure and i think i saw him mess up big time not so long ago form the same type of pressure that is frequent in England.

I would also say Robben could give some a challenge also ,but he;s another who fled the toughness of the Premiership for calmer waters in Germany when he was no longer needed at CHelsea

If Robben was on the same level for 6 years this would be an argument.. but sometimes players improve you know?!.. the last year was absolutely world class by Robben... there was a time in Munich when he just came off the bench, because he was no match to Müller on his position...but he fought back and was close to be a Top 3 Nominee for the European Player of the Year Award this time...

Mate, Robben came to the premiership highly touted ,he was already established in Holland and he couldn't have the same effect in England ,he went to Germany and he's a star again do the math!

YO don't have one defensive mid who can compare to either Essien or Ramires and i would challenge any of your defensive mids to put in a performance Mikel has done in the last year in premiership league play!

ok.. you know my point here.. I think there is no match for Schweinsteiger here... the Schweinsteiger/Martinez duo blew all teams away last year.. Bayern just conceded 23 goals in ALL COMPETITIONS... this was a result of the perfect defensiv midfield Bayern had to offer last season...

Well i know fro a fact that Essien has done work in a few different leagues ,when he;s on the pitch you notice his effort every game. I watched more than a few games against big teams and i didn't even know Schweinsteiger was playing until mid way through the first half and then he was not a major factor after that. That is the truth right there mate i would give resect to all players that if they do well ,but this one player i could never understand the press he gets!
The same goes for Ramires he is all over the pitch breaking play up and attacking, his effort is consistently above par.
I would take Mikel over your German brother any day of the week on current form.

I come to such opinion based on the performance those Bayern players have put out against premiership opposition ,and how consistent they are at maintaining the same level they afford Bayern in the bundesliga.

don't get me wrong... I accept it as an argument, that english clubs have way more matches to play and no winter break... :!: this is a good point...

but I don't think that in general players have easier oppositions in germany...

Just take the top 6 teams in either league and tell me you still believe that?
We got 5 times more higher level of competition as well as no winter break where we play teams in the lower league that are no slouch. YOu can just look at how many times big premiership clubs who are doing well in the champions league have lost to lower level teams in the the FA and league cups that same year. I wonder if that happens In Germany or SPain as frequently?

please explain to me how Mertesacker can be a key player for Arsenal, when he came only from Werder Bremen who are nothing but a joke in the Bundesliga....
Podolski came from Fc Köln(:lol:) to Arsenal London..
How comes that a player like Van der Vaart was a key player for Tottenham, when his Bundesliga Hamburger SV will be lucky not to get relegated this season...
Edin Dzeko only played in Wolfsburg and now for Manchester City..

I have no argument with any of what you say here and i am on record before those players were even officially signed ,as saying they were not good enough for ARsenal. I still believe this to be true ,but we still have a manager capable of bringing that inferior team above a superior Spurs team into the champions league! Van der Vaart chose to leave the club and go to a lesser club for playing time and it bit him on the *ss! He's at the end of his career ,but i wasn't that high on him anyway. Dzeko was an emerging player in Germany ,not really a big fan of his and i do think he had a special chemistry with the Brazilian at Wolfsburg that made him look better than he actually was. BUt yes he lit up the Bundesliga with many goals and his tally is not as impressive in the premiership it is natural because the league is tougher! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:01 pm

no man utd dont bottle it against big european teams its just they try and play more football than the likes of chelsea and are beaten by better footballing sides sometimes. chelsea are going to be very tricky for any of the big european teams this season coz of their boring cautious approach
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

eaman wrote:no man utd dont bottle it against big european teams its just they try and play more football than the likes of chelsea and are beaten by better footballing sides sometimes. chelsea are going to be very tricky for any of the big european teams this season coz of their boring cautious approach

Obviously you haven't watched them over the last 10 years!
They bottle it My best mate in the Uk ,my Dad ,my brother and my good mate over here who's from manchester are all man u fans and they have all agreed with this comment.
They are a great team and on most occasions have had superior teams to their opposition but have always showed fear form the outset of games.
Chelsea play to their strengths and anyone who thinks they should adopt the playing style of the opposition and try to beat them at their own game is a fool! They played both Barcelona and Bayern the way a teams supposed to play them. They have better defenders so they rely on that and catch them on the counter when possible.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to General Football