West Ham v Stoke

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Stoke

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 pm

West Ham had to settle for a 0-0 draw with Newcastle in a rather off target game , of the 22 shots on goal only 1 was on target ...by West Ham ...according to those chaps at the BBC . It was left to Sam Allardyce to give his opinion on the game .."t's really disappointing to have had three golden chances, and then we got a goal that would have killed off Newcastle but that was ruled offside, although that was probably correct.

"On the other side, defensively we were absolutely superb. Playing away from home, and the home team having zero shots on target in 90 minutes, shows our defensively resilient qualities today.

"Sadly our creative qualities were there, but there was nobody on the end to finish it off and make us go home very, very happy with three points instead of one."

Stoke gave new manager Mark Hughes a win in his first home game in charge as they fought back from a goal down against Crystal Palace to win 2-1 .he said after the match "Premier League points are like gold dust and this was important for us. I'm a new manager working really hard with a new group of players.We will get better - we weren't great and we can play better, I think we all accept that. But the important thing was to get a positive result."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Hopefully we will be able to get a few more shots on target on Saturday and see some of them go in!

It will be interesting to see if Kenwyne Jones starts for Stoke after he scored a hat trick for them in the League cup.

I don't know why the papers keep printing that we are playing a 4-3-3 formation as it more like 4-5-1 and very defensive.

I think West Ham will win this game but only having Modibo Maiga as our only option upfront is a little bit concerning.

West Ham 2-0 Stoke
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Hams wrote:.

I think West Ham will win this game but only having Modibo Maiga as our only option upfront is a little bit concerning.

West Ham 2-0 Stoke

who the hell is Modibo Maiga ... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 pm

Teams

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, Nolan (c), Downing, Jarvis, Maiga.

Subs: Adrian, Rat, Tomkins, Collison, Taylor, Morrison, Lee.

Stoke:
Begovic, Cameron, Pieters, Huth, Shawcross (c), Wilson, N'Zonzi, Adam, Walters, Etherington, Jones.

Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Whelan, Pennant, Assaidi, Crouch, Jerome
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Come on you Irons! - A win today would take us into 2nd place in the league. :)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:05 pm

FT

West Ham 0-1 Stoke

0-1 Pennant 82'

Its all over at Upton Park and Stoke City completely deserved to win all 3 points.

West Ham were rubbish today and didn't get going at and we wouldn't have even scored in a drive thru brothel

Unless our owners let Big Sam sign a couple of strikers we are going to struggle if Andy Carroll isn't fit to even play.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Hams wrote:Hopefully we will be able to get a few more shots on target on Saturday and see some of them go in!

West Ham 2-0 Stoke

I`m not saying anything .. :roll:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:Hopefully we will be able to get a few more shots on target on Saturday and see some of them go in!

West Ham 2-0 Stoke

I`m not saying anything .. :roll:

It was very embarrassing. :evil:

We didn't have a single shot on target against Stoke in this game.

If you also include last weeks match at Newcastle we have only managed one effort on target in 2 fixtures which is pathetic.

Whats the point of signing Downing and having Jarvis on our flanks if there not going to put in any crosses to trouble the opposition.

If I had paid £42 to go and watch that rubbish yesterday I'd have gone to the ticket office after to demand a refund.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby knabby crackers » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Can we borrow James Tomkins please, Keyhole is past his 'Sell by date' and Buxton is having to cover for his ineptitude.

Was it a coincidence that we got tonked by a team wearing Claret and Blue?
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 pm

not at Upton Park ...they were in their black away strip .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

diabolical game and even worse performance.

this cannot be allowed to happen again.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Kevin Nolan should be dropped from the team for our next match away at Southampton.

This must have been his worst ever display for the Hammers and he just kept giving the ball away against Stoke.

Also Stewart Downing went missing when he took a hard tackle and appears not to have much bottle.

The only player who emerged from this shambles with any credit was defender James Collins who is on top form at the moment.

I think we should start with Ravel Morrison when we take on the Saints as he had a good pre season and league cup game against Cheltenham.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:23 am

Steely Hill wrote:diabolical game and even worse performance.

this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Steely Hill has spoken .. even now plans are being drawn to enforce this command . :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Hams wrote:Kevin Nolan should be dropped from the team for our next match away at Southampton.

This must have been his worst ever display for the Hammers and he just kept giving the ball away against Stoke.

Also Stewart Downing went missing when he took a hard tackle and appears not to have much bottle.

The only player who emerged from this shambles with any credit was defender James Collins who is on top form at the moment.

I think we should start with Ravel Morrison when we take on the Saints as he had a good pre season and league cup game against Cheltenham.

Those words have been used to identify Downing so many times that it once resulted
in the collapse of Google's search engine.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League