Ukraine v England - 10th September

Join us here to discuss the 2015 Copa America,African Nations Cup and Asian Cup plus England internationals and all Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Moderator: Moderators

Ukraine v England - 10th September

Postby Hams » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 am

England will probably start tonight with James Milner in place of the banned Danny Wellbeck in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

.............................Hart.............................

Walker....Jagielka............Cahill...............Cole

...............Gerrard......Wilshire.......................

Milner...............Lampard..........................Walcott

.......................Lambert..................................

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

HT

Ukraine 0-0 England

All square at the break and fairly comfortable for England.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:52 pm

FT

Ukraine 0-0 England

It wasn't a very good game but England did enough to earn a point to stay top of the group.

Congrats to Frank Lampard who won his 100th cap and almost headed in a late winner at the end.

The 3 Lions will now need to play Montenegro and Poland both at Wembley and beat them to make it to Brazil.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:19 am

Well i saw up until the 86 minute and my recording cut off but it ended 0-0 so i presume! Pathetic!
That's what you get when you put two relics in the mid field and leave one of your most talented young mid fielders in Wilshere to carry the lion share of the creative load! Because of that imbalance only Walcott looked lively for England.
This is the mentality that will sink Hodgson and England i would have preferred Cleverly out there than Lampard. In fact i would have had Cleverly for Lampard and Barkley for Gerrard if all was still tied at half way through the second half.
Manager too stuck in his the old ways of the past ,too scared to lose the "identity " of British football!
Well i got news for you and the British media that pulls your strings! the game has changed ,the players within your association have changed and they are there for the picking . F*cking pick them ffs and lose the geriatrics who are being picked on past glories alone! And people wonder why some of the young players lose desire to play for the National side ,when you are sat on the bench for 85 minutes behind some of the players picked today! Flipping Ukraine ffs ,it's not even Belgium or Sweden! Crikey , we are doomed!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am

There weren't too many positives to take from this performance.
I thought Gary Cahill was outstanding at the back and easily England's best player on the night.
His defensive partner Phil Jagielka also did well and Steven Gerrard in a deeper role as always never let his country down.

Kyle Walker was awful at right back and the sooner Glen Johnson returns the better!
Arsenal's Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott were also a waste of space and should be dropped when we next play in October.

We are still unable to keep possession of the ball and can't make more than 2 passes without giving it away!
Roy Hodgson's tactics are just too NEGATIVE and nothing has changed since he took over just before Euro 2012 last year.
The facts are we have not been able yet to beat any of the meaningful opposition in our group yet which i think is pathetic.
The likes of Brazil,Spain and Germany wont be losing any sleep over the thought they might have to face this rubbish team.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby knabby crackers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Hart - heart attack likely when he flaps - 5
Walker - poor - 5
Cahill - average - 6
Jagielka - average - 6
Cole - his displays get worse match by match - 5
Wilshere - trying is not enough - 6
Gerrard - average - 6
Lampard - should have scored with header - 6
Walcott - loves himself, should take up knitting - 5
Milner - can't be faulted for effort but that is not enough - 6
Lambert - average - 6

Young - crap - 3
Cleverley - N/A

Much of the passing was abysmal and a lot of the marking was non-existent, we were lucky to get away with a draw and it does not bode well for the games against Poland and Montenegro.

The sooner ITV get rid of Andy 'Verbal Diarrhoea' Townsend the better, if they don't then I will continue to watch with the sound muted.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Seamus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 pm

I honestly fell asleep watching the game!.

I Think England had decided to settle for 0-0 by half-time. Lampard and Gerrard had a good game and with 2 home games left I think it will be 6 points in the bag, hopefully without the injury crisis!.
Seamus

Postby specnur » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 am

Seamus wrote:I honestly fell asleep watching the game!.

I Think England had decided to settle for 0-0 by half-time. Lampard and Gerrard had a good game and with 2 home games left I think it will be 6 points in the bag, hopefully without the injury crisis!.

How did those two have good games?
I'd like to read that explanation!
Lampard is an attacking mid fielder he created nothing from what i saw!
THis was Ukraine with not one player i knew on that team ,yet he did not dominate that mid field.
Gerrard usually puts in a good shift and who's energy is infectious on the pitch was GOOD?
Good game compared to what? compared to what he was capable of at his best?
I don;t tink you really believe that!
BOth players were abysmal given the opponent quite frankly!
Walcott was not great but he;'s only as good as what he is fed. But giving him a 5 and Lampard a 6 is nothing short of ludicrous.
Walcott's energy and desire was double of that of those two, as ineffective as he was ,he was no more ineffective as Gerrard or Lampard . So i give him i higher rating based on his ability to give Ukraine some trouble at least.

HOw Hodgson can continue to sit there ,watch both players shank passes 15 yards out of play under absolutely no pressure ,and believe they are still what they used to be is joke! Especially Gerrard who was always an impeccable player.
If he continues to play those pair England get every loss they deserve,but please don;t tell me we don't have the players good enough to fill their spots.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Seamus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:37 am

specnur wrote:
Seamus wrote:I honestly fell asleep watching the game!.

How did those two have good games?
I'd like to read that explanation!

Okay, maybe 'Good' was a bad choice of words, but I thought they at least tried to make something out of the game. Theo was decent aswell but as you say not a good game at all. I Still think we are home and dry and should win the next 2 home games.
Seamus

Return to International football