Man City v Man UItd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man City v Man UItd

Postby Conner99 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Man City will be eager to make amends for their poor performance in the 0-0 draw with Stoke , a battle with the current Premier League champions and Manchester rivals Man Utd should be enough to get them going , currently lying 4th in the table new manager Manuel Pellegrini knows his team has to play better if they want to win back the title they won so dramatically a few season ago ..he said "We must improve on a lot of things. We are trying to do it and we know about it."

Man Utd beat Crystal Palace 2-0 and despite all the controversy with the penalty converted by Robin Van Persie , the result was not really ever in doubt with Palace not having a shot on target the entire match. It will be new manager David Moyes first Manchester derby and I imagine he will be desperate to get a good result against Man City , not only for the fans but also to avoid dropping outside the top six with Man Utd currently 5th in the table on goals scored .

So is this the game of the season so far , who has more to lose David Moyes or Manuel Pelligrini . Man City and Man Utd both had good wins in the Champions League , so will they both be full of confidence come sunday .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I honestly thought that City would have made a better start to the season than they have done. They have plenty of potential and soon I think they are going to explode but maybe in the 2nd half of the season. This could be the game that kick starts it but it may be just like the United v Chelsea game and be a bore draw with both teams desperate not to lose.

Our defence is not looking as solid as it should and our midfield lacks a bit of pace, I would be happy with a draw.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 am

Man City should have most of their players back who were rested for the 0-0 draw away at Stoke.
Hopefully if Ashley Young is selected we won't see any more of the diving that went on in the game against Palace.

Man City 2-2 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Seamus wrote:I honestly thought that City would have made a better start to the season than they have done. They have plenty of potential and soon I think they are going to explode but maybe in the 2nd half of the season. This could be the game that kick starts it but it may be just like the United v Chelsea game and be a bore draw with both teams desperate not to lose.

Our defence is not looking as solid as it should and our midfield lacks a bit of pace, I would be happy with a draw.

I think the win against Plzen was vital ...Pelligrini did not want to head into the game against Man Utd with another draw or worse a defeat . I don't know what manager will be under more pressure as both need to do well , but you maybe right ..if Man City win it could really get them going ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 am

Interesting to see that Man Utd have won 3-2 away at Man City in last 3 league fixtures at the Etihad stadium.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Teams

Manchester City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Aguero, Negredo.

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Garcia, Milner, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Manchester United:
De Gea; Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Young; Rooney, Welbeck.

Subs: Amos, Büttner, Evans, Cleverley, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 pm

No Van Persie today who is out with a thigh strain.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm

HT

Man City 2-0 Man Utd

1-0 Aguero 16'

2-0 Toure 45'

City are in charge of the Manc derby at half time.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 pm

City have played some decidedly beautiful football ,Kompany has been absolutely
imperious at the back ,and Aguero with his volley added another entry in the
'Extraordinary Goal Bible' ......wondrous strike.

City 2 United 0
United lucky to get nil ,thus far
Last edited by redpelt on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Game over!

Its now City 4-0 Utd with 30 mins still to play.

Aguero again and Nasri with the goals.

Poor old Gary Neville commentating for Sky Sports sounds really gutted :lol:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Every time Moyes fails to put Kagawa on that pitch i hope he gets the results he deserves like this one!
I know Kagawa looked tired last game but you git to give him at least a half just to give your team in some sort of offensive variety. Today they had none, depending on the likes of Carrick for creativity is a joke! It's not just about being bale to pass when your standing.You got to have the ability to pass on the move and run into spaces and also make short unpredictable passes. As i predicted Aguero would score the first goal ,but i think much of the credit should go to that engine that power man city since he's been at the club ,Ya ya Toure. What a player!

Very interesting to see if the rot i predicted would start setting in off of results like this under Moyes.
Today is not like when Sir Alex went through the same sort of thing early in his career at Man u.Today people want instant success and i don't think he will be afforded the same amount of patience as his predecessor.

What a goal by Rooney at the end though!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 pm

That's three big games no wins for Moyes.
Got his tactics wrong today, should've started with three in midfield. Got out battled, out thought and it showed in the scoreline. No creativity, not sure what Moyes' problem with kagawa is but he needs to play him.
Moyes needs to learn quick as hes starting to look out of his depth a bit at the moment.
Bren10

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:54 pm

FT

Man City 4-1 Man Utd
1-0 Agüero 16’
2-0 Touré 45'
3-0 Agüero 47’
4-0 Nasri 50’
4-1 Rooney 87’

I thought Yaya Toure was a beast in midfield today and dominated his territory from the start!

Man City played well and deserved to win by such a comfortable scoreline in their best display of season so far.

Any more comments on todays Manchester derby?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Bren10 wrote:That's three big games no wins for Moyes.
Got his tactics wrong today, should've started with three in midfield. Got out battled, out thought and it showed in the scoreline. No creativity, not sure what Moyes' problem with kagawa is but he needs to play him.
Moyes needs to learn quick as hes starting to look out of his depth a bit at the moment.

Well a clue for me was when the commentator stated that Moyes said previous to this game that "he thought Rooney had gone a bit soft!"
The general consensus in places like the UK is that by default Oriental players are soft. So my guess is that that is Moyes' problem with kagawa, basically that traditional British thought process that has held them back.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I think in general if you look at the type of player and tactics Moyes employed
at Everton, then Kagawa is completely alien to Moyes concept of maintaining
a combative midfield.

I actually thought the best and most talented player Everton had was Pienaar and
in much the same respect as Kagawa he was often not utilised in his best position
in order to harness the best of his talent.... Although in Kagawa's case ,the lad isnt
even getting a game.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 pm

I thought City were absolutely majestic earlier ,and for the first 20 minutes they
played possession football at its finest. I honestly didn't envisage such a glaring
gulf in class being so evident in that encounter.

Kompany in particular was outstanding at the back and didn't give Rooney and co
a sniff of a chance ,Ya ya Toure is the complete midfielder his ability is second to
none in terms of quality,and his ability on the ball is at times frightening.

Aguero's first goal was sensational ,such a crisp sweetly hit volley that only players
such of the genius of Bergkamp could convert.

I honestly don't believe I have witnessed a United capitulation to those extremes
since Barcelona used to play around them for fun.

Man City should walk this league ,based on the strength of that performance.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Simply » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Everytime Kagawa sits on the bench its a waste of talent because he doesn't pick up match practice in this tough league...

..he is capable of playing awesome football, but he still gets no chance to grow into this team..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 am

Simply wrote:Everytime Kagawa sits on the bench its a waste of talent because he doesn't pick up match practice in this tough league...

..he is capable of playing awesome football, but he still gets no chance to grow into this team..

I said before he signed the paperwork that he wasting his time at that club!
Arsenal would have had him playing exactly how he did at Dortmund,but that's Kagawa's fault for being a united fan.
Another bad decision by a very talented player!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby prince.of.united » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 am

specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:Everytime Kagawa sits on the bench its a waste of talent because he doesn't pick up match practice in this tough league...

I said before he signed the paperwork that he wasting his time at that club!
Arsenal would have had him playing exactly how he did at Dortmund,but that's Kagawa's fault for being a united fan.
Another bad decision by a very talented player!

I am sorry but I disagree with your comment that its Kagawa's mistake. It was Moyes mistake not to play him. He is showing way too much trust in useless English players like Young, Welbeck and Smalling. I have never been in favor of Welbeck, he was the prime reason why Berbatov went out of the club even after giving trophy winning performance in his earlier season. Young is a disgrace in United color and that he is wearing # 18 jersey of Scholsey, and diving like he is made of paper, what a shame! Young and Welbeck will be another reason for moving out Hernandez and Kagawa.

I would say sell Kagawa and Hernandez, we are wasting their talent and be a no. 6 team just like Everton, job well done Moyes. Why not play Nani after offering extension of 5 facking years! You gotta be kidding me, if you are giving an extension just to keep him on bench! Joke!

Moyes, please STOP showing love to the useless English players and use your empty head and play some sensible players! You are managing one of the top clubs in Europe for FFS and not a midtable club!
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League