Cardiff v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Cardiff v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Cardiff drew 1-1 with fellow premier league newcomers Hull and are currently 12th in the table , the welsh side have coped best out of the 3 newly promoted sides and manager Malky Mackay said after the game "We have got four points from losing positions so far this season and we showed great resilience."The goal was a beautiful move from our right-back area up until the goal. I'm very proud of the team."

Tottenham breezed past Norwich 2-0 and always looked pretty comfortable throughout the game , Andre Villas-Boas had this to say after the match. "The second goal early in the second half gave us immense tranquillity. I think we played really well, and created great moments of football".

There has also been anger from Tottenham fans over the FA calling for the `yid` chants used by the Tottenham fans to stop , saying fans could be prosecuted . During the match against Norwich Tottenham fans chanted "Yid Army" and "We'll sing what we want".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 am

Spurs had a good win in the Europa League against Tromso last night and I think will be too good for Cardiff.

Cardiff 0-2 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Teams

Cardiff:
Marshall, Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson, Theophile-Catherine, Bellamy.

Subs: Lewis, Hudson, Odemwingie, Mutch, Cowie, Mason, Maynard.

Tottenham:
Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton, Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Chiriches, Fryers, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Kane.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:00 pm

HT

Cardiff 0-0 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:45 pm

FT

Cardiff 0-1 Tottenham
0-1 Paulinho 90'

Brazilian star Paulinho scored a late winner for Spurs at Cardiff deep into injury time.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:32 am

What a great performance by Cardiff keeper David Marshall
who can consider himself unlucky to be on the losing side after making some great saves.

I thought the ref was right not to allow the Welsh sides goal as Lloris was being held in the build up.

The Tottenham No1 was lucky not to have been sent off when he came rushing out as
it looked like he had handled the ball outside his area.
There was also a strange incident when he gave away a needless corner which nearly led to home side scoring
Spurs deserved to win with the number of chances they created and are looking good at the moment.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:41 pm

I agree with Ham's summary of the game, another good performance although too much of a late late show in the goal department. We have conceded only one goal in the campaign so far, but our 'goals for' column is meagre compared to the other top 5/6 clubs. Bigger fish than Cardiff await us - Chelsea at The Lane next Saturday. AVB vs Mourhino, the mouth waters!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm

although I was gutted that Paulinho scored right at the death .. :lol: I cannot say they didn't deserve it ...29 shots on goals ...amazing stat , without Cardiff keeper Marshall it would have been a much more emphatic victory .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League