Hull v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Hull v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Hull manager Steve Bruce was jumping for joy after a stunning volley by Sone Aluko proved the winner at Newcastle , it ended 3-2 and lifted Hull up to 10th in the table , Bruce had this to say after the game "I'm absolutely delighted I have to say. I've been really happy with the way we've played all season."We created a lot of chances today and we thoroughly deserved our win."

West Ham gave their home fans something to cheer about as they ended their 3 match goal drought , but it was not enough to earn them any points as they lost 3-2 to Everton in an exciting match at Upton Park , a red card for Mark Noble made it a miserable day for Hammers fans . It was left to manager Sam Allardyce to give his verdict on the game .."With our defensive ability, I thought we would see it out at 2-1 but it is really frustrating for us that, not only was Mark sent off but we were punished again by them putting ball in the net straight after we went ahead."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:06 pm

West Ham really need to improve their away form.
Its almost 1 year now since we last scored more than once in a top flight away game.

I think Ricardo Vaz Te deserves to start the game after scoring the late winner against Cardiff on Tuesday.
Ravel Morrison has been playing really well and hopefully will be able to control the midfield at the KC stadium.

The player we need to deal with on Saturday is Tom Huddlestone and to stop him getting on the ball and passing it around.

Hull 1-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Teams

HULL CITY:
McGregor; Rosenior, Davies, Faye, Figueroa, Huddlestone, Livermore, Elmohamady, Aluko, Brady, Graham.

Subs: Harper, Bruce, McShane, Boyd, Quinn, Sagbo, Meyler.

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen, Reid,O'Brien,Tomkins,Rat, Jarvis,Morrison, Noble,Nolan,Diame.Maiga

Subs: Adrian, Vaz Te, Taylor, Collins, Demel, Downing, Petric.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:26 pm

HT

Hull 1-0 WHU

Brady 12' (pen)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:07 pm

FT

Hull City 1-0 West Ham
1-0 Brady 12’ (pen.)

Another defeat for the Hammers and failure to even score a goal.

Hull City were very lucky to get that penalty and hold on to win this game.

Could time be running out for Sam Allardyce who was celebrating his 100th match in charge of West Ham?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:11 pm

I've not seen the highlights, but West Ham clearly lack a cutting edge up front. I'm going to watch us play them at the Lane next Saturday, so I'm happy to see the current form continue for another week at least! Not sure sacking Allerdyce will change much at the club, investment in the squad would be a better option. What price Moyes at West Ham before Christmas? :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:12 am

The Hull penalty decision was a disgrace!

Brady clearly dived and should have been booked for it.

Then West Ham should have been awarded a spot kick when the ball clearly hit Livermore on the arm

The referee in todays match was a joke and Kevin Friend cost us this game.

I said before that the officials have it in for us this season and I'm being proved right.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I thought you'd have been on here first thing this morning Steely agreeing with me about the awful referee!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Hams wrote:I thought you'd have been on here first thing this morning Steely agreeing with me about the awful referee!

i tried to pretend the game didn't happen. :lol:

however, since you've called me out i will most certainly agree. it wasn't just the wrongly awarded penalty and the wrongly turning down of our blatant penalty that was a disgrace.

he gave every 50/50 their way and disrupted the game at every opportunity - even choosing to blow his whistle to stop the game rather than allow us to play the advantage.

i heard that was the first time Mr Friend has officiated one of our games for a year and i wonder whether there was a reason for that. i hope we never encounter Kev again. diabolical performance from him throughout the game. i can't remember a more consistently inept performance from start to finish.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Kevin is certainly no Friend of West Ham and I hope we don't see him again for some time.

Some in the media are saying that Sam Allardyce is just a game away from getting the sack.

With our next match away at Spurs I think they could well be right as we could be in for a heavy defeat.

Our away form has been a huge problem for over 1 year now and our tactics are just gifting wins to the opposition.

Could a change in management improve our fortunes on the road or is it our players who aren't performing?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 pm

there is no way Allardyce will be sacked.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:35 pm

I would certainly be surprised if Big Sam got the sack ...only months after agreeing a new contract . The penalty for Hull was a clear dive by Brady and the ball did hit Livermore on the arm so should have been a penalty for West Ham .

I bet Sam Allardyce wanted to say a lot more about the ref but obviously had to think what he was saying to avoid any charge of misconduct by the FA .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Well us fans can say what we like without being charged by the FA and I say that Brady is a cheat and dived.

Even if Allardyce did sign a new contract recently that doesn't mean he can't be sacked if we keep on losing like this.

I can see us being humiliated by Tottenham next week and if that happens our manager should do the right thing and resign.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby spuggy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am

Hull v WHam ;

I've not come on here to wind things up, but I've always had a soft spot for WHam as you gave me the chance to watch Bobby Moore, one of the top 5 players I've ever seen play live in real time. So I owe you one.

Some of our crowd descended on my house last night with a bottle each to watch the Toon, uninvited of course but I've got Sky ! We were all at the WHam game which was a big topic of conversation.

Plenty of argument, but we agreed that :

1. Nolan should have got a red card for a nasty 2 footed tackle in the first 5 min (so be fair, the ref favoured you as well and disallowed a Hull goal for a marginal offside too),

2. Livermore handled the ball and WHam should have had a pen, (even Sir Steve Bruce and our local media were embarrassed), and

3. WHam seriously contributed significantly to their own downfall by harrying match officials relentlessly for 90 min. It was all "In your face aggression." It was disgraceful nasty stuff and could be interpreted as a deliberate tactic from the ko. If the likes of Nolan had concentrated on the job in hand and put as much into playing football, then you would have done a lot better. You were lucky there were no more yellows at least, thanks to the Ref. Sorry if that sounds strong, but we were there and saw it. It seemed to stiffen Friend's resolve, perhaps not to your advantage.

Of course things can only get better when Carroll returns. As a Geordie (living in Hull) he is very well known to me. But he always had his own treatment room with his name plate on the door. When he's good he's very good, but when he's ..........

The PL needs WHam in it.

As an aside, personally I would like to see less London clubs - the travelling down to and across London is a joke. Especially to the South Coast and Wales. But perhaps that is another topic for another day.

Good Luck.
spuggy
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:33 am

welcome to the forum spuggy. i didn't think Nolan's was two footed to be honest - the second foot came through after the 'tackle' had been made - however, Diame was on the wrong end of an even worse one than that against Southampton that the ref never even awarded a free kick for so forgive me if my sympathy is on the low side! ;-)

in terms of our own downfall, that was in place ever since Carroll picked up his obligatory injury and we failed to get in any legitimate cover for him. as you saw, our toothlessness in attack is a real concern and while i don't think we deserved to lose that game for a second, am getting increasingly annoyed by the inability to create chances that result in shots on goal. Morrison seems about two steps ahead of our other players and looks for one twos that hasn't even entered the heads of his team mates which then makes it look like Morrison is at fault.

the pressure to keep clean sheets is too great, such is our inability to score - especially away from home.

i fear this could be a long season ahead, given the relatively 'easy' set of fixtures we've had and failed in so far.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League