Man Utd v West Brom

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v West Brom

Postby Conner99 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Man Utd found their neighbours in a deadly mood as they lost the Manchester derby 4-1 , it was a bad day all round for David Moyes as his side were run ragged by Man City . It left the reigning champions in 8th place in the table and having conceded almost as many goals as they have scored ...not a statistic that Sir Alex would have expected from the team he left back in may .

West Brom gave Sunderland a 3-0 hiding and set in motion the end of Paolo Di Canio as Sunderland manager , however for Baggies boss Steve Clarke it was a rather better story as his side gained their first win of the season , he said after the match .."When you have to wait this long for your first win there is some relief."It has been frustrating - particularly at home the performances haven't always been good. Today we got the breaks and we ran out deserved winners. We started slowly but I felt we played well after we got our noses in front."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Man Utd played well against Liverpool in the league cup last night and Wayne Rooney is in good form at the moment.

This should be a routine home win even if RVP is still out injured and I cant quite see this ending 5-5 like it did last season!

Man Utd 3-0 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

well that was at The Hawthorns and was Sir Alex`s final game in charge of Man Utd , quite an incredible match really . I don't think West Brom have a hope of getting anything with the way they have struggled until recently , they have never beaten Man Utd in the Premier League , and I hear Robin Van Persie is available again after recovering from a groin injury , so West Brom have it all to do . .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:44 am

Poor ol' Baggies, they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. Man United 2 WBA 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am

RVP is fit to play so we should be in for a few goals at least at Old Trafford this afternoon.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Teams

MANCHESTER UNITED:
De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Buttner, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez.

Subs: Evra, Welbeck, van Persie, Valencia, Fellaini, Amos, Januzaj.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION:
Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Yacob, Mulumbu, Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Sinclair, Anichebe.

Subs: Daniels, Dawson, Popov, Lugano, Rosenberg, Berahino, Dorrans

RVP only starts on the bench....
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:22 pm

HT

Man Utd 0-0 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:11 pm

FT

Man Utd 1-2 WBA
0-1 Amalfitano 54’
1-1 Rooney 57'
1-2 Berahino 67'

Man Utd suffer their 2nd league defeat in a row and clearly
under estimated WBA by leaving the likes of RVP and Felaini on the bench.

Well done to West Brom! I don't think anyone would have predicted this result.

Any comments on this shock scoreline?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Hams wrote:...leaving the likes of RVP and Felaini on the bench...

...........it's just ridiculous
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Poor ol' Baggies, they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. Man United 2 WBA 0.

:oops: Ahem! I watched the second half of the game and it was doubly embarrassing for Man U as WBA had plenty of possession and chances. This was no fluke, Moyes has to really get hold of this thing and stop the rot. I'm pleased for the Baggies, there fans will be like a dog with two tails tonight.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:Poor ol' Baggies, they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. Man United 2 WBA 0.

:oops: Ahem! I watched the second half of the game and it was doubly embarrassing for Man U as WBA had plenty of possession and chances. This was no fluke, Moyes has to really get hold of this thing and stop the rot. I'm pleased for the Baggies, there fans will be like a dog with two tails tonight.

So that's where he's living now ,I had heard rumours that infamous dog with two tails
was knocking around Anfield at the start of the season ,and then he just upped and
fecked off ....I was just wondering have Spurs fans seen anything of that fickle canine
this season ,because we would like him back mate :wink:

As for Utd v West Brom, I doubt anyone could have predicted the outcome of this game,
except possibly Everton fans familiar with Moyes lack of ambition.

I must admit though,witnessing United fans forlorn chins being carried off home on their
boots was a comforting sight.. Obviously I'm loathe to feel any personal satisfaction from
United's wretched start ,especially with their following being such an endearing bunch. :wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:36 pm

I love stats!

This was West Brom's first league win at old Trafford since 1978!

You have to give them credit as they were the better team and deserved to win.

This is now Man Utd's worst ever start to a PL season and us neutrals have every right enjoy their current suffering.

We have all had to put up with them gloating for the last 20 years so its only fair.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 am

Why did Di canio leave sessignon go. Have always thought he was a good player. Maybe he didn't play well for a few games at the end of the season but that was just a dip in form. He could play for a top club
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:08 am

Hams wrote:This should be a routine home win even if RVP is still out injured and I cant quite see this ending 5-5 like it did last season!

Man Utd 3-0 WBA

we always go on the reputation of teams and that normally Man Utd would easily win this game , that is what is great about our game , anything can happen ..who would have predicted a 2-1 away win for West Brom .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 pm

3 games lost already.......too despressed to talk about it!.
Seamus

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:48 pm

loved both the WBA goals. always nice to see glimpses of class from the inferior teams to show up the big guns.

even better when it heaps yet more pressure on Moyes.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby tdv123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

United are in serious trouble.

Terrible players, terrible management, terrible fans, terrible, terrible, terrible...........
tdv123
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:21 pm

I read in the paper today that West Brom forward Berahino who is
now playing for England U 21's earns just £850 per week so it shows that young stars of future don't all have to be paid huge wages.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Hams wrote:I read in the paper today that West Brom forward Berahino who is
now playing for England U 21's earns just £850 per week so it shows that young stars of future don't all have to be paid huge wages.

give him time ...if he carries on playing like that he will see his wages rise to 10 times that amount .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League