Arsenal v Napoli - 1st October

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Arsenal v Napoli - 1st October

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:55 am

Arsenal won their first group match 2-1 away at Marseille despite having many injuries.
Rafael Benitez's Napoli beat Dortmund 2-1 in controversial game and even managed to get their coach sent off!

Any comments or predictions? Will Higuain come back to haunt Wenger for not signing him in summer?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 am

Did you know that this will be the first competitive meeting between the two sides!

The last Italian team to beat Arsenal in London were Inter Milan, 10 years ago in the Champions League group stages (17 September 2003).

Any predictions for tonights match? - Rosicky is available again while Higuain faces a late fitness test for Napoli.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 pm

Teams

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Rosicky, Arteta, Ozil, Ramsey, Flamini, Giroud...

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Bendtner, Gnabry.

NAPOLI:
Reina, Mesto, Albiol, Britos, Zuniga, Inler, Behrami, Callejon, Hamsik, Insigne, Pandev...

Subs: Cabral, Fernandez, Armero, Cannavaro, Dzemaili, Mertens, Zapata.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

2-0 Arsenal

I knew we were good, but I didn't know we were this good. An absolute demolition of the best side in Italy right now, who as with the others who have played us in the past just can't handle the intensity of our football.

Best I've seen us play for a long time, with our stand-out performers so far being Ozil and Ramsey. We haven't really been a possession-based side this year so it's nice to see that make its return as well. Hopefully we can see out the rest of this game and perhaps get another couple.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Napoli
1-0 Özil 8’
2-0 Giroud 15’

Ozil scored his first goal for Arsenal and also set up Giroud's strike in a man of the match performance.

Any comments on tonights result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:2-0 Arsenal

I knew we were good, but I didn't know we were this good. An absolute demolition of the best side in Italy right now, who as with the others who have played us in the past just can't handle the intensity of our football.

Best I've seen us play for a long time, with our stand-out performers so far being Ozil and Ramsey. We haven't really been a possession-based side this year so it's nice to see that make its return as well. Hopefully we can see out the rest of this game and perhaps get another couple.

I think it really depends on how much you rate the Italian league ,in how you rate this performance.
It was basically what i expected quite frankly ,even with THIS Arsenal team. We just operate at a completely different domestic level and Napoli acted like the knew this from the opening whistle. Good performance for Ozil and i hope he takes this type of performance and replicates it for Arsenal in premiership play.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 am

I understand that about 30 Napoli morons smashed
up a restaurant in Highbury corner before the game and seriously injured a man.

If this had happed by English fans over there they would have been immediately arrested by the Italy riot police.

Why have these idiots been allowed to get away with this? Will UEFA punish Napoli?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to UEFA Champions League