Atletico Madrid finally beat Real Madrid!

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Atletico Madrid finally beat Real Madrid!

Postby Hams » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Atletico won 1-0 against Real Madrid last night and beat them in the league for the first time since 1999!

Are we witnessing a new 3rd force in Spanish football who could also take on Barcelona and make La Liga more interesting?

The side from the Vicente Calderon stadium have an excellent keeper and defence,quality midfielders and Diego Costa!

The Brazilian is also to consider changing his nationality to play for Spain as he has been living there more than 5 years.

I might be getting a bit carried away but i have had to wait for all these long years to finally defeat Real in the league!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Make no mistake Atletico madrid will take up it's regular spot come season's end at least 15 points behind the top two!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm

They were pretty close to Madrid last year. They dropped off a bit towards the end of the season. This year they have added to the squad and with players like Costa and Koke getting better and the team as a whole improving they could finish with a better points tally
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:26 pm

I just had a look at last years La Liga table and Atletico finished a massive 26 points behind winners Barcelona!

Saying that though we did win the Spanish cup and I will be very surprised if we finish so far adrift of them this time.

It would help if other teams like Bilbao,Sevilla,Valencia and Sociedad could raise their game when taking on Messi and co.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby tdv123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

They look very good alright. They have a very good chance of over taking Real this season.
tdv123
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to General Football