West Brom v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Brom v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:16 pm

West Brom came to Old Trafford with almost everyone expecting nothing but a routine Man Utd win , maybe West Brom were not listening ...90 mins later only the Baggies were smiling as they claimed a famous 2-1 win ...not since 1978 had West Brom won at Old Trafford so manager Steve Clarke was understandably delighted at their `fantastic win` .

Arsenal followed up their 2-1 away win at Swansea on Saturday with a comfortable 2-0 win against Napoli in the Champions League last night , with new signing Ozil getting his first goal for the gunners since his £42 million move from Real Madrid , manager Arsene Wenger spoke about the impact he has had at the club since arriving .

Wenger said , "He had an amazing first half. He had individual skill, team play, finishing and the final ball. You just sit there and enjoy it. "He has integrated quickly and he has come in at a period when we are doing well." Of course he has given a lift to everyone at the club and belief - and belief is a part of the success in football."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:06 am

It was a notable scalp the Baggies took at the weekend, and they played good football. Make no mistake, they deserved the points, however teams like West Brom struggle with consistency and that is why they will be happy just to stay up this season. Arsenal are in a rich vein of form, and will have too much for them. West Brom 1 Arsenal 3.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:50 am

Arsenal have now won their last 8 PL matches in a row to equal their record and I think they will break it at WBA.

West Brom were excellent in that famous 2-1 win away at Man Utd but I can't see them doing the same against the Gunners.

Albion 1-2 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 pm

I think this is a tough game for Arsenal ,but luckily the memory of there win against man u is still fresh in Wenger's teams mind. That should eliminate on factor that has been an Arsenal issue in the past ,apathy! BUt WBA have some belief and they will try and continue that . I do feel they will fear ARsenal more than arsenal will fear them so i think the score will be 1-3 ARsenal.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:14 pm

well they showed against us in the league Cup that they can play well against the big teams , but we will have our strongest side out for this game so I hope our good run continues .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Conner99 wrote:well they showed against us in the league Cup that they can play well against the big teams , but we will have our strongest side out for this game so I hope our good run continues .

And they followed that up by beating man u at home ,i am a man that looks at consistency when other seem to waste time on meaningless or misleading stats and sensationalism ! Make no mistake WBA put very good efforts against two top teams in a short space of time and that is something Arsenal have to recognize or they will fail.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Sagna is out for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury so Carl Jenkinson is expected to replace him at right back.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

And i for one am not mad at that! Sagna hasn't put in a decent cross for about 4 years ! Better defensively though than Jenks.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Little nervous about this game, with the run we're on complacency could be starting to set in, so we'll have to rely on the likes of Mertersacker and Arteta to use their experience.

Still think we'll win though, 2-1 is my guess.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Teams

West Brom;
Myhill; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu, Amalfitano, Sessegnon; Berahino, Anelka.

Subs: L Daniels, Popov, Morrison, Brunt, Lugano, Long, Rosenberg.

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Gnabry, Ryo, Bendtner
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:05 pm

HT

West Brom 1-0 Arsenal

Yacob 42'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Jack Wilshere has equalised for Arsenal on 63 minutes. Will the Gunners go on to win the game now?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:12 pm

FT

WBA 1-1 Arsenal
1-0 Yacob 42'
1-1 Wilshere 63'

Arsenal's winning run away from home has come to an end but they will still go back to the top of the table.

Any comments on todays result?

Was a draw a fair one between these sides in the end?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm

fair result for me ,WBA should not be underestimated they played well.
They have a very active mid field unit that has elements of flair ,aggressive attacking and decent defensive agility which was key today. I watched a french league game about a while back an there was a player that caught my eye ,he had a special flair and creative pass that stood out for me and it was none other than that bloke Amalfitano who had a great game today until he tired late in the second half.He will keep defenses on their toes this season and WBA will hard pressed to keep him if he continues this type of outing. Astonished at how much Berahino is getting paid ,crikey!!!!!!! Greta game ,arsenal looked tired though.Gutted at Ramsey going off yet another of my fantasy team gone ,wtf is happening man.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

specnur wrote:fair result for me ,WBA should not be underestimated they played well.
They have a very active mid field unit that has elements of flair ,aggressive attacking and decent defensive agility which was key today. I watched a french league game about a while back an there was a player that caught my eye ,he had a special flair and creative pass that stood out for me and it was none other than that bloke Amalfitano who had a great game today until he tired late in the second half.He will keep defenses on their toes this season and WBA will hard pressed to keep him if he continues this type of outing. Astonished at how much Berahino is getting paid ,crikey!!!!!!! Greta game ,arsenal looked tired though.Gutted at Ramsey going off yet another of my fantasy team gone ,wtf is happening man.

That Berihano?? he's supposed to be one for the future. He looks quite good.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Davey1 wrote:
specnur wrote:fair result for me ,WBA should not be underestimated they played well.

That Berihano?? he's supposed to be one for the future. He looks quite good.

yeah? well they are paying him peanuts ! I think they make more money in the bottom tier ffs!
If i were him i would look at that and take it as an absolute insult!
when you make someone an offer you should be respectful of the talent that player may possess.
If you are thinking of signing any player for a premiership club there has to be a sort of minimum and it should be taken up by the PFA! If i'm i won a club and someone he works for me offers a player that amount i would be embarrassed and fire that fool on the spot.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 am

Forgot to mention Ozil played a good game today! his part in the Arsenal goals was impeccable long may that form continue!
Stole the ball and started the break for the goal ,great to see.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 am

After all the fuss recently about Jack Wilshere being snapped smoking during the week
it didn't seem to bother him too much and some of the over reaction in the press about it was a bit over the top!
If the lad wants to have a fag now and again its no big deal and at least he wasn't trying to get high on laughing gas.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:03 am

cigarettes kill more people than laughing gas.

incidentally, if Wilshere had snapped his leg in that game he'd have inhaled about two cannisters full of laughing gas.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

When health is of optimum importance smoking is a completely hypocritical thing to partake in. Probably the most disgusting of habits in the history of man kind! And the damage this disgusting habit has done to harm non smokers is enough to ban it from all public areas worldwide.
Shame on Jack Wilshere for disrespecting the man who built his career!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League