Liverpool v Crystal Palace

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Liverpool bad boy Luis Suarez grabbed his first goals since returning to league action , as he helped his team to a 3-1 win over Sunderland , it was the perfect result for manager Brendan Rodgers after the midweek defeat to Man Utd in the League Cup.It lifted them up to 2nd in the table and Brendan Rodgers said after the match " the result was very pleasing".

Crystal Palace suffered a 2-0 defeat at Southampton and are finding goals hard to come by , boss Ian Holloway blamed defensive mistakes cost his side dear .."we have got to better than we are doing at the moment" .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Postby redpelt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Conner99 wrote:Liverpool bad boy Luis Suarez grabbed his first goals since returning to league action , as he helped his team to a 3-1 win over Sunderland , it was the perfect result for manager Brendan Rodgers after the midweek defeat to Man Utd in the League Cup.It lifted them up to 2nd in the table and Brendan Rodgers said after the match " the result was very pleasing".

Crystal Palace suffered a 2-0 defeat at Southampton and are finding goals hard to come by , boss Ian Holloway blamed defensive mistakes cost his side dear .."we have got to better than we are doing at the moment"

Holloway and yet another side splitting anecdote ,or has he just once again
left us all surprised by just stating the obvious ? He's a one this Holloway
fella ......Or is he ? Could it be that he's just a repetitive old farmer having
a moan about his crop.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 am

Liverpool should win this game comfortably with Sturridge and Suarez the best current strike partnership in the PL.

Crystal Palace haven't scored in their last 3 league games and Chamakh who dived in last match has had a bust up with his own team mates.

Liverpool 3-0 Palace.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Hams wrote:Liverpool should win this game comfortably with Sturridge and Suarez the best current strike partnership in the PL.

Crystal Palace haven't scored in their last 3 league games and Chamakh who dived in last match has had a bust up with his own team mates.

Liverpool 3-0 Palace.

I would hardly call Sturridge and Suarez the best strikeforce in the PL , Suraez only just came back and all he has is 2 goals scored against Sunderland , Giroud and Ramsey have more , there is also Yaya Toure and Sergio Agüero .

You cannot base how good a strike partnership is on just one game .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:32 pm

surely nothing other than a home win is a possibility here?

i expect liverpool to win by at least two clear goals here as i've been largely unimpressed by Palace. big question is can the introduction of Suarez ensure the intensity of the first half is carried over into the second.

regardless, it should be a stroll.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:Liverpool should win this game comfortably with Sturridge and Suarez the best current strike partnership in the PL.

Liverpool 3-0 Palace.

I would hardly call Sturridge and Suarez the best strikeforce in the PL , Suraez only just came back and all he has is 2 goals scored against Sunderland , Giroud and Ramsey have more , there is also Yaya Toure and Sergio Agüero .

You cannot base how good a strike partnership is on just one game .

Strike partnership is the key phrase. Ramsey and Toure play out of the middle. The proper comparison with them would be Gerrard and Sturridge/Suarez.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:39 pm

the idea of a 'strike partnership' has been dying out for years as more teams favour the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh come on, Lee, I was trying to catch Conner on a technicality! :(
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:57 pm

mrtz wrote:Oh come on, Lee, I was trying to catch Conner on a technicality! :(

The hunter becomes the hunted :twisted:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Shut up you two! Surely it must be Lampard and Torres :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:39 pm

If we play the 3-5-2 again (which I'm loving) then I believe Palace wont be able to cope. It's too versatile to defend against so it comes down to quality.

If we play the boring, defensive tactic then we'll just slip it 1-0 unless we're still poor from corners.

Moses, Suarez and Sturridge 3-0.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby mrtz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Davey1 wrote:If we play the 3-5-2 again (which I'm loving) then I believe Palace wont be able to cope. It's too versatile to defend against so it comes down to quality.

If we play the boring, defensive tactic then we'll just slip it 1-0 unless we're still poor from corners.

Are you really loving it? I'm still not sure about it. At least without Agger, we seem so fragile.

Lucas is out too for this game, I believe, so I'm assuming Henderson moves to the middle with Sterling or Aspas going on the right.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Liverpool have to dispose of teams like Palace if they are going to have a realistic chance of top three or actually winning the title. Crystal Palace are, in my view, the most limited team I've watched so far in this season. A handsome win is the requirement, and I see the 'Pool getting it. Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:29 pm

2-0 after just 20 minutes

The SAS partnership has struck again.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Once again we have struggled in the 2nd half as Palace are now back in the game,way too many misplaced passes once again from Liverpool

:roll:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:32 pm

So... can we just replace Gerrard near post on set pieces with air? They're equally effective.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm

mrtz wrote:
Davey1 wrote:If we play the 3-5-2 again (which I'm loving) then I believe Palace wont be able to cope. It's too versatile to defend against so it comes down to quality.

Are you really loving it? I'm still not sure about it. At least without Agger, we seem so fragile.

Lucas is out too for this game, I believe, so I'm assuming Henderson moves to the middle with Sterling or Aspas going on the right.

It allows the opposition too many long shots and it's yet to be tested by a strong team but we look really comfortable with it.

Toure and Sakho have been solid and Skrtel has been putting performances we once saw him do week in week out for Kenny Dalglish. When Agger's back, we're gonna have to think about who to pick.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Liverpool have to dispose of teams like Palace if they are going to have a realistic chance of top three or actually winning the title. Crystal Palace are, in my view, the most limited team I've watched so far in this season. A handsome win is the requirement, and I see the 'Pool getting it. Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 0.

Lets not get carried away. A couple comments like that and the deluded tags come out. We've still got a while to go yet.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:Liverpool have to dispose of teams like Palace if they are going to have a realistic chance of top three or actually winning the title. Crystal Palace are, in my view, the most limited team I've watched so far in this season. A handsome win is the requirement, and I see the 'Pool getting it. Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 0.

Lets not get carried away. A couple comments like that and the deluded tags come out. We've still got a while to go yet.

Yep, that is pretty much what I was saying mate. You have to beat teams like Palace because they are so limited. Start getting carried away when you beat Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs home and away! :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 pm

FT

Liverpool 3-1 Crystal Palace
1-0 Suarez 13’
2-0 Sturridge 17’
3-0 Gerrard 38’ (pen.)
3-1 Gayle 77’

Liverpool go to the top of the table at least until Arsenal play on Sunday.

Any more comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League