Man City v Everton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man City v Everton

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Man City slumped to a 3-2 defeat against Aston Villa after being 2-1 up and cruising to a win , new manager Manuel Pellegrini just could not believe his side had lost and after the match he said as much .."I cant believe we lost this match".

Everton climbed to 4th in the table after a 3-2 win over Newcastle at Goodison Park , they remain unbeaten in the league and for manager Roberto Martinez it must be a pleasant change after the constant battle he had each season at Wigan just to keep them in the Premier League .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Man City will be hurting after tonight's complete capitulation of their
midfield against a fluent Bayern. ....Wounded animal maybe ?

Everton looked good against Newcastle ,but the Geordie's were in all
honesty hapless in the first half with Lukaku waltzing past their
defence with ease.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 am

I'm guessing there will be a fair bit of money going on draw or away win for this fixture, given the most recent form of the two teams. However, despite the fact that Man City looked third rate against Munich they will have too much for the Toffees (who have done extremely well to keep that undefeated 'bubble' intact so far). I'd be delighted to see Everton get something from the game, as it always a pleasure to see a club that has splurged a load of money on top class players and a shiny new top class manager fail miserably. :D Man City 3 Everton 1.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am

Everton have a very good record against Man City winning 17 out of 19 PL fixtures against them.

I think if Lukaku continues in such great form the Toffees will at least earn a draw at the Etihad stadium.

Man City 1-1 Everton
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm

I think Pelligrini will make sure his players are aware of how they threw away the match against Aston Villa and will want them to prove they have what it takes to stay in touch at the top ....especially at home . So I think Everton will lose their unbeaten record and Man City will win 3-1 .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 pm

In the end an easy win for City, they took control in the second half and never looked like losing. Everton fans can take solace in the fact that many teams will leave the Manchester stadium with nothing this season. Just hope City's away form continues to stink...
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 pm

FT

Man City 3-1 Everton
0-1 Lukaku 16’
1-1 Negredo 17’
2-1 Agüero 45’
3-1 Howard 69’ (o.g.)

Lukaku opened the scoring but Man City turned things around and Everton have lost their unbeaten record.

Any more comments on todays match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 am

Everton should have had a penalty when Lukaku was pushed over
and James Milner was very lucky not to have been sent off at the end of the 1st half for a horrible two footed tackle.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League