Sunderland v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Sunderland v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Sunderland remain bottom of the table as they lost 3-1 to Liverpool at the Stadium of Light , caretaker manager Kevin Ball saw the Black Cats have a real go against Liverpool with a total of 23 shots on goal , unfortunately only 5 were on target and is why Sunderland are still looking for their first win of the season . Kevin Ball has stated that he would like to be considered for the manager`s position on a permanent basis , a home win against the current Premier League champions would earn some bonus points for Mr Ball .

Man Utd manager David Moyes is finding it real hard at the moment , a 2-1 defeat to West Brom at Old Trafford meant their worst start to a league season in 24 years. Currently in 12th place in the table Moyes said he was a bit worried but insisted everything will be ok ..."I have been in situations very similar to this at Everton and also at Preston,"You get on and you do the right things. I haven't changed what I have done. I will continue to do that. The results will come. I have no doubt about that."

Former manager Sir Alex Ferguson also gave his support to his successor , in an interview with US television network PBS he said "United are in good hands. David will be fine. He's a good manager."

Man Utd fans will be hoping the results will start to come soon ...starting with a win at Sunderland
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:49 pm

If we don't beat Sunderland then there is something severely wrong.
Seamus

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 pm

still no 'new manager' rush of blood to the players heads so it's hard to imagine a scenario where Moyes fails to get a win here. he needs this win like no other before. a meagre 3 wins from 8 games so far is a pitiful return so games like this are simply must win.

massive pressure on him already.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:18 pm

With Sunderland manager and winless at the moment surely this could never be a better time for Moyes to get Man Utd's season back on track?

Sunderland 1-2 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Simply » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 pm

.. United messing around again... Kagawa on the bench again.. and where is Fellaini?.. is he injured?
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Hmm, I like Moyes and I think he is an intelligent and focussed individual. However, after that first half performance I would present this to any stray Man Utd fan who happens to read this....

Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Much better second half by Man Utd, though I would still be concerned by the first half against a limited team like Sunderland if I was Man U fan. Still, an away win was the requirement today. Job done.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:59 pm

FT

Sunderland 1-2 Man Utd
1-0 Gardner 5'
1-1 Januzaj 55’
1-2 Januzaj 61’

What a great first start young 18 year old Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj!

Any more comments on todays match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 pm

damn it!!!!!! RVP not on the scoresheet this game ,craps all over my fantasy league this week ffs!
Man u had close to the type of team out there that i think will do them well. If he could alternate Kagawa with Carrick then you'll have some serious offensive quality with that young kid chipping in like he idid today. The pieces are there it seems if that young belgian can continue this form ,but lets not get carried away ,it is SUnderland
Would hate to think of the fallout if Sunderland would have won this game though!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am

Phil Jones was at fault for Sunderland's early goal for not clearing the ball out of defence properly.
It should have been 2-0 to the Black cats but Giacherrini missed a real sitter and fired well over the bar.
David De Gea also made one of the best saves of the season in the 2nd period stopping the home side getting back in.

Man Utd could lose that young kid Januzaj for nothing next summer as he will be out of contract.
The English FA should investigate to see if he can play for England and change his nationality as he has been here for few years.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:32 pm

If you were Belgian would you want to play for England? No would be the answer
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:16 pm

I bet David Moyes almost wet himself with relief after this game , to lose against the bottom club would have been a disaster and left Man Utd right near the bottom of the table..but job done and for the moment the fans will be satisfied .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:16 pm

There was the usual comments on Facebook about Januzaj. Stuff like 'legend in the making' and 'the new Ronaldo'. I just people would realise its just one game against Sunderland. The same stuff was being said about a certain Frederico Macheda a few years back - now playing for Doncaster!.

As for the game - yeah its 3 points but not a vast improvement on the season so far. We were creating chances but we should have won easy.
Seamus

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 pm

eaman wrote:If you were Belgian would you want to play for England? No would be the answer

Well apparently he doesn't even want to play for Belgium. He's going for Albania from what I hear.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League