England v Montenegro - 11th October

Join us here to discuss all of England's internationals plus Copa Libertadores,African Nations cup etc

Moderator: Moderators

England v Montenegro - 11th October

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

England need to win their last 2 games at home to qualify for the world cup in Brazil next year.

Ashley Cole has just pulled out of the game but its no big deal as Leighton Baines can play in that position.

Any comments or predictions?

Who would you like to see in England's line up?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

They could put 11 Lampard's out there and they should beat this team by the half time whistle!
Flipping montenegro give me a break I probably won't even watch this crap! Should be a done deal. If England don't win by 3 goals it should be looked upon as an embarrassment .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Re: England v Montenegro - 11th October

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Hams wrote:England need to win their last 2 games at home to qualify for the world cup in Brazil next year.

?

strange that 3 teams are almost neck and neck at this stage England , Ukraine and Montenegro have it all to play for , I wonder if we beat Montenegro we would qualify as one of the best runners up .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 pm

It is a shame that Ashley Cole is out, the most consistent player over the last few years.

Montenegro are a tough side on home soil but I would back England to win both the last 2 games at home.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm

It looks like Roy Hodgson is going to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

.................................Hart.............................................

Walker..........Cahill.........................Jagielka.......................Baines

.....................Lampard..............Gerrard.................................

.............Milner.....................Rooney...........................Wellbeck

................................Sturridge................................................
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 pm

I imagine Montenegro will just sit back with 11 men behind the ball had it will be up to England to break them down.

If we can get an early goal though they will have to come out of their own half which should give us more space to attack.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Its a wet and cold night in London just like it was when England lost at home to Croatia back in 2007 and we missed out on Euro 2008.

I'm hearing that Andros Townsend might play on the right hand side instead of James Milner which would be a positive team selection.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Teams

England:
Hart, Walker, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Gerrard, Lampard, Townsend, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge;

Subs: Forster, Ruddy, Smalling, Gibbs, Jones, Carrick, Milner, Barkley, Wilshere, Defoe, Lambert

Montenegro
Poleksic, Volkov, Jovanovic, Savic, Pavicevic, Kecojevic, Damjanovic, Zverotic, Drincic, Boskovic, Jovetic;

Subs: Janjusevic, Blazic, Novakovic, Krkotic, Igumanovic, Vesovic, Kasalica, Vukcevic, Dembasic, Beciraj
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 pm

HT

England 0-0 Montenegro

England were just unable to break through Montenegro's defence.

With Ukraine beating Poland we must win this game or we wont be able to come top of the group.

I think we should take off Wellbeck as he hasn't contributed enough on the left hand side.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Well we had to beat this weakened Montenegro side and we did just that. Lets not get carried away, they are not world beaters, but I'm glad Hodgson's attacking team selection paid off. If you can't be brave enough to attack at home against a team like Montenegro then what is the point of going to Brazil?
Yes, I'm going to be my usual predictable self - what a great game by the boy Townsend! :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:06 pm

FT

England 4-1 Montenegro
1-0 Rooney 49’
2-0 Boskovic 62’ (o.g.)
2-1 Damjanovic 71’
3-1 Townsend 78’
4-1 Sturridge 90’ (pen.)

England stay top of the group and now have to beat Poland in their last game on Tuesday to qualify for Brazil 2014.

It was an excellent debut from Andros Townsend who was England's best player and really deserved his man of the match.

Any comments on tonights result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Didn't catch the first half ,but i'm guessing Lampard was crap even against this level of opposition because his fat ass was squashing the bench by the time i started watching! couldn't see what Gerrard offered in the time i saw did. Seems like the saying changing if the guard is something Hodgson just doesn't comprehend! Baines on instead of Gibbs is a joke in itself but that helps Arsenal out ,so i'm not mad at that one bit. As well as Townsend did out there i still don;t believe Hodgson would have him ahead of the tow geriatrics he started with . In my Eyes Wilshere and Carrick should start ,Carrick acting as the level head in the middle of the pitch. Gerrard and Lampard should be seeing nothing but bench if they get taken to Brazil.
Anyway got the result that i thought should happen more than a two goals advantage sounds right on the money against that level. Would even mind trying Milner at defensive mid to see how that goes if Carrick can't handle it.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:12 am

I forgot to mention about Kyle Walker's unlucky yellow card which means he will miss the Poland match.
I didn't think he deserved to be booked for that and the Montenegro player really made a meal out of the incident.

Any more comments on England's win? Did Wellbeck do enough on the left hand side to keep his place in the team?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to International football