Newcastle v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was a relieved man as he saw his side beat Cardiff 2-1 and climb up to 11th in the table , it was needed after the 3-2 defeat by Everton in the previous game , Pardew said after the match.."I think it was an important win. On Monday night [against Everton] we let ourselves down as a group and we wanted to put it right."

Liverpool had a comfortable 3-1 win over Crystal Palace at Anfield , Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge were on the scoresheet again as their impressive run continued .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Didn't Liverpool win 6-0 at St James Park last season?
I don't think they will win by such a score line this time but i expect the Reds to take all 3 points.

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 pm

yes they did and here are all the goals again ...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrwBCnkLgI[/video]
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:38 am

Did you know that there have been 38 Premier League games between Newcastle and Liverpool without a 0-0, no fixture has had more games and no goalless draws.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 am

Hams wrote:Didn't Liverpool win 6-0 at St James Park last season?
I don't think they will win by such a score line this time but i expect the Reds to take all 3 points.

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool

I'll second that.

We're a stronger side, Newcastle not so much but Brendan's a little more reserved rather than attack for 90 minutes.

3 intelligent goals and Sturridge and Suarez will be blocking 25 yard shots
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Teams

NEWCASTLE:
Krul, Santon, Cabaye, Williamson, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Yanga Mbiwa, Remy, Tiote, Debuchy.

Subs: Anita, Cisse, Elliot, Shola Amoebi, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Dummett.

LIVERPOOL:
Mignolet; Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho; Henderson, Gerrard, Moses; Suarez, Sturridge.

Subs: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Cisse.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Its now Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool with about 15 mins to go after Sturridge scored his 9th goal of the season.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm

FT

Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool
1-0 Cabaye 23’
1-1 Gerrard 42’ (pen.)
2-1 Dummett 57’
2-2 Sturridge 72’

Sent off - Yanga Mbiwa 40'

Liverpool twice came from behind to earn a draw at St James Park against 10 man Newcastle.

Did the Toon defender deserve to be sent off?

Should Liverpool have really won this game with a one man advantage for the 2nd period of this match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

You could see how much Johnson and Cissikho were lacking match fitness and how bad we missed Lucas.

Sakho's performance declined by the minute. Newcastle were excellent apart from the defence looking lost for marking.

Could of easily won this today with a few unfit and missing players so I'm assure we'd of claimed all 3 points at full strength.

Shocker of a decision to play Moses and Luis Alberto at the same time but Luis Alberto showed some quality to come. Something to look forward to.

Maybe it's time to rest Sakho for a game and test Agger, Skrtel and Toure. Bring back in Enrique and get Johnson back to full fitness.

We might drop down a few positions today but I'm not worried, but it just goes to show, just because we're high up doesn't mean we can't slide down.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Definitely missed Lucas and Enrique,our first half performance was shocking and only Newcastle looked like they wanted it and only the red card brought us into the game..

Not sure what to make of the game to be honest,before the red card we struggled to create anything and we were very poor in possession,once Newcastle went down to ten men we still struggled to create anything and our defending at set pieces is still worrying.

I can't wait until Coutinho returns and plays behind Suarez and Sturridge because for me Moses looks lost in that position and i'm not sure how we'll play Moses if we are gonna continue with a 3-4-1-2 formation.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Definitely missed Lucas and Enrique,our first half performance was shocking and only Newcastle looked like they wanted it and only the red card brought us into the game..

Not sure what to make of the game to be honest,before the red card we struggled to create anything and we were very poor in possession,once Newcastle went down to ten men we still struggled to create anything and our defending at set pieces is still worrying.

I can't wait until Coutinho returns and plays behind Suarez and Sturridge because for me Moses looks lost in that position and i'm not sure how we'll play Moses if we are gonna continue with a 3-4-1-2 formation.

To be fair to Moses, Newcastle were too deep for him to play his game which led me to scratch my head when Brendan thought another attacking midfielder would help but he was involved in the second goal so I'm pleased with him. I think he'll be back to the left like he was on his debut when Coutinho returns to the advanced role.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby fakeplastictrees » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Moses is absolutely useless in that position. You really miss Coutinho but I thought you were mostly pretty good today and Newcastle scored 2 extremely against the run of play goals.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 am

fakeplastictrees wrote:Moses is absolutely useless in that position. You really miss Coutinho but I thought you were mostly pretty good today and Newcastle scored 2 extremely against the run of play goals.

I agree it's not his strongest position but I wouldn't say he's useless there. Today wasn't going to be his day as Newcastle had an anchor and a very deep flat midfield which killed our chances of operating in space. We do miss Coutinho a lot though, he's a vital link in turning possession into chances for us and nobody does it better for us than him.

Bit of a mad result really. the free kick from Newcastle was badly picked up and I thought Toure had it covered until Skrtel left his man to challenge Toure for the header lol which led to the goal.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby redpelt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm

I can honestly say Liverpool didn't even merit a point on Saturday ,such was the lethargy
displayed on that field ....I could say we were sluggish ,but that would simply confirm we
were awake ,and that would be a contradiction in terms.

Newcastle prior to losing a man were beginning to run our defence ragged ,it was only when
we held the numerical advantage that we began to dictate the play,and why Rodgers left it
so late to change our formation was a complete and utter head scratcher.

Suarez and Gerrard were our main source of inspiration throughout,the rest of the team looked
decidedly jaded ....We only seized the initiative when Alberto was introduced ,only then did we
start to pass the ball with purpose.

Still ,after the Internationals I suppose a lacklustre performance was a veritable given.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League