West Ham v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:48 pm

West Ham fans were not expecting much against in form Spurs at White Hart Lane , 3-0 ..4-0...8-0 some Hammers fans feared the worst ...those brave fans who travelled to White Hart Lane will always remember sunday 6th October ...they all witnessed something quite remarkable which is probably never likely to be seen agains in their lifetime ...possibly ever !!

Tottenham 0 West Ham 3 ...... yes it did happen , a superb team performance that had manager Sam Allardyce grinning from ear to ear , he said after the game ..."yes , its fantastic when a plan comes together" .

Man City recovered from a Champions League beating by Bayern Munich as they ended Everton`s unbeaten start to the season with a 3-1 win , manager Manuel Pellegrini commented after the game on the win " i am very pleased by the character the team showed today. We really needed this victory because at the start of the game we were five points behind Arsenal and it is important to continue winning here at home".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 am

more of the same from Sam's troops. a convincing 3-1 home win.

CHAAAAAARGE
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm

I would be happy with just a point in this game and don't think we should play without any strikers in this match.

Hopefully Big Sam will have spent the last 2 weeks working on some sort of master plan and we can cause another upset!

West Ham 1-1 Man City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:30 pm

almost a certainty we'll play an identical plan to the one against Spurs.

apologies for my negativity before, it will be 3-0.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 pm

but don't you have Carlton Cole back now , he will be wanting to do well back at Upton Park .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Steely Hill wrote:almost a certainty we'll play an identical plan to the one against Spurs.

apologies for my negativity before, it will be 3-0.

I think Steeley is playing double bluff, he forecast a heavy defeat for the Spurs match and look what happened. Hoping for another reverse hex, I’ve got ya number pal! I’m thinking West Ham will put up more of a fight though I’ll give à narrow win to Citeh 1-2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:49 am

Did you know that Man City have lost just one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League meetings with West Ham (W8 D3).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm

TEAMS -

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, Rat, Tomkins, Reid, Noble, Morrison, Diame, Vaz Te, Downing, Nolan...

Subs: Adrian, Jarvis, Taylor, O'Brien, J.Cole, C.Cole, Petric.

MAN CITY:
Hart, Richards, Garcia, Nastasic, Clichy, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Aguero, Negredo...

Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Lescott, Kolarov, Milner, Dzeko, Jovetic.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:18 pm

The Hammers start again with no strikers but we do have Carlton Cole and Petric on the bench if we need to use them.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:48 pm

A business like performance from Manchester City, though West Ham were much better in the second half. For a while I thought the home team were going to do it, and it would have been really interesting to see how the boys in blue would have handled an equaliser. I think Man City are a team with slightly suspect temperament when they go behind, they certainly don't look the finished article. As for the Hammers, a battling performance, and no disgrace to lose to a team that has had buckets of cash thrown at it.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 pm

FT

West Ham 1-3 Man City
0-1 Agüero 16’
0-2 Agüero 51'
1-2 Vaz Te 58'
1-3 Silva 80'

Man City with their first away win in the league this season were just too good for the Hammers.

When we got a goal back I thought maybe we could go on and get a draw from the game but it just wasn't to be.

I didn't understand why Big Sam took off Vaz Te and brought on Jarvis another winger when we had no strikers up front?

Any comments on City's win and Aguero's display?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Apparently Manuel Pellegrini told his players at half time that Man Utd had won their game
against Southampton in order to fire them up for the 2nd period which seems pretty far fetched given how poor Moyes men are the moment!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:A business like performance from Manchester City, though West Ham were much better in the second half. For a while I thought the home team were going to do it, and it would have been really interesting to see how the boys in blue would have handled an equaliser. I think Man City are a team with slightly suspect temperament when they go behind, they certainly don't look the finished article. As for the Hammers, a battling performance, and no disgrace to lose to a team that has had buckets of cash thrown at it.

pretty much nailed what i was going to say.

you can't go giving players of their quality so much space and time to pick their spots. you'll be punished every time.

that said, we gave it a good go and that's all you can really ask in this situation. it was a very Mancini-esque Man City performance which surprised me a bit.

most enjoyable part of the game was the pitch invader though. bloke was absolutely knackered by the time he made it to the half way line :lol:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League