Man Utd v Southampton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v Southampton

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Man Utd manager David Moyes was looking at another damaging back page headline on sunday morning as his team were 1-0 down against bottom club Sunderland , but enter 18 year old teenager Adnan Januzaj for his first league start of the season ..2 goals within 6 mins had turned the game around for Man Utd and a well needed 3 pts that lifted the champions up to 9th in the table .

Southampton continued their recent good run with a 2-0 home win over Swansea , that makes 3 wins on the trot for The Saints and the lofty position of 4th in the table , manager Mauricio Pochettino had this to say after the match."I'm delighted for the three points and it sets us up for the international weeks and the game against Manchester United."I don't know where we will finish, I don't have a crystal ball. The most important thing is to look to the next game and focus."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Wayne Rooney will be on a high following his man of match display against Poland
and with Van Persie also having scored a hat trick for Holland Man Utd's attack should be full of confidence.
Its unusual to see Southampton sitting in 4th place in the league but the likes of Lallana and co have done well.

Man Utd 3-1 Southampton
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I Think this game could be difficult for man u ,it should be a doddle ,but i don't think it will be.
I'm looking for a tie here 2-2 or 1-1. RVP with the goal.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Southampton have been playing surprisingly well lately , it could be a tough game for Man Utd depending on how things go in the first half ...I will predict a 2-2 draw.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 am

Did you that Adnan Januzaj is only the second Manchester United player to score a brace on his first Premier League start for the club, after Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

TEAMS:

Man Utd
De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa, Zaha.

Southampton:
Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Osvaldo.

Subs: K. Davis, Lambert, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Guly, Chambers, Hooiveld.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Adnan Januzaj keeps his place in Man Utd's side after scoring those 2 goals against Sunderland in his last game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:37 pm

RVP has made it 1-0 to Man Utd which was harsh on Southampton who had been playing well until that point.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:03 pm

HT

Man Utd 1-0 Southampton

1-0 RVP
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 pm

...what is going on again?! .....

..only a 1-0 lead and Moyes ist doing this:

67' Giggs for Nani
76' Welbeck for Fellaini

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

... and Kagawa on bench again.. this ist just so sad..

/edit: surprise surprise... 1-1 now... Moyes has to go... NOW
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:05 pm

FT

Man Utd 1-1 Southampton
1-0 van Persie 26'
1-1 Lallana 89’

The Saints really deserved to take a point from this game with their late equaliser at Old Trafford.

Any comments on todays draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby fakeplastictrees » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Embarrassing substitutions from Moyes. It will be interesting to see what we do in January, it's very early days still but missing out on the top four would be disastrous.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Seamus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't know why there is so much pessimism around my fellow United fans, I am very optimistic and confident and im sure we will survive relegation this season.
Seamus

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Seamus wrote:I don't know why there is so much pessimism around my fellow United fans, I am very optimistic and confident and im sure we will survive relegation this season.

:lol:

Tell you what ,this result hurts United big time!
But the Southampton coaching staff are doing something right down there ,keeping the game that close with such limited players was a great accomplishment. I think this is more of indication of how distorted the press has made the inflated trader prices with all their hype more than how bad a job Moyes is doing. Bringing on Giggs instead of Kagawa has to be the last straw for the Japanese player if he's fit.
Not only that i think some of the man players like Rooney and RVP will be questioning this selection policy of the manager,because those players understand quality in an unselfish way.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I would like to comment that isn't it about time that Southampton's
manager gave the post match interview in English? Surely he could speak a few words to us by now?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby fakeplastictrees » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Hams wrote:I would like to comment that isn't it about time that Southampton's
manager gave the post match interview in English? Surely he could speak a few words to us by now?!

Why? His English is meant to be quite good and he speaks English to his players but why should he feels he owes anything to journalists?
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:44 pm

fakeplastictrees wrote:

Why? His English is meant to be quite good and he speaks English to his players but why should he feels he owes anything to journalists?

Well its no problem for me as I also speak Spanish but I imagine Saints fans would like to hear their manager speaking English in public.
We do live in England after all!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 pm

fakeplastictrees wrote:

he knows very little English though , apart from a brief speech in English when he arrived at the club he has used an interpreter ever since . I don't think Southampton fans care one bit what he speaks as long as their club is doing well ...and they certainly are at the moment .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby fakeplastictrees » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Conner99 wrote:
fakeplastictrees wrote:

he knows very little English though , apart from a brief speech in English when he arrived at the club he has used an interpreter ever since . I don't think Southampton fans care one bit what he speaks as long as their club is doing well ...and they certainly are at the moment .

That doesn't mean he doesn't know English. According to Tim Vickery the BBC South American football journalist (who has spoken to him in person) he has excellent English, he just doesn't want to be misinterpreted or have his words twisted by journalists.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League