Arsenal v Norwich

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Norwich

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Arsenal will return to league action after the international break still top of the table , manager Arsene Wenger will be keen to keep up the form that has seen the Gunners as potential challengers for the Premier League title , with the imminent return from injury of some key players it will be a case of who the hell does he leave out .

Norwich need a good result soon , a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea in their last game left them in the bottom three and manager Chris Hughton will have been frustrated at seeing his side beaten by two late goals so close together . He said after the match ..It is obviously very difficult to take at this moment. We had worked ourselves back into the game after a difficult start to put ourselves in a position where, when we equalised, I did not think we would lose the game."I doubt there was anybody watching who did not feel we did not deserve anything from the game."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:03 pm

I hear that Ozil could be out of this one after limping off during Germany's win in Sweden.
Norwich have lost 3 out of their last 4 and i think they could struggle this season and maybe even go down.

Arsenal 3-0 Norwich
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

that would be typical ...we always lose someone after an international ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:44 am

Good news for Gooners fans that it looks like Ozil will be okay to play in this game and that Cazorla and Sagna are also available.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:53 am

Really looking forward to seeing Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott and Giroud in the same team, should be a devastating attack that is up there with the best in this league. Although he's got his critics we've missed having Theo in the side these past couple weeks; he stretches games when we are struggling to break down a side, so hopefully he's fit for this game.

This is the type of fixture I could see us stumbling on but we should win comfortably, 4-1 Arsenal is my prediction.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 am

Tell you what , is aw glimpses of Ozil at his best in the recent international . If he can replicate that in our league i'll be a happy camper for sure. IT funny how well the new foreign players looked in the recent internationals ,every other game must seem like a doddle to Schurrle and Ozil after a month in our league!

BAck on topic.
Got to be careful here ,but having Cazorla back fit will keep our midfielders on there toes and close to their best as possible.No one will want to start sitting on the bench ,so i don;'t expect fatigue to be a factor as much as it usually is after international week.
3-0 Arsenal, or did i predict 3-1 on the prediction thread? 3 goals for us anyway.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Bendtner, Ramsey, Gnabry, Vermaelen.

Norwich:
Ruddy, Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson, Tettey, Fer, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hooper.

Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hoolahan, Becchio, Redmond, R Bennett.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Aaron Ramsey is dropped to the bench as he played twice for Wales last week and needs a rest which i don't agree with.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Forgot to mention that kid Leroy Fer has caught my eye in the last few games. Looks to be quite a decent player for Norwich ,be good to see how he does against Arsenal today.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Jack Wilshere has put Arsenal 1-0 ahead against Norwich.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:02 pm

HT

Arsenal 1-0 Norwich

1-0 Wilshere
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Ozil with a header has made it 2-0 to Arsenal even though Norwich had been the better side since start of 2nd half.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Aaron Ramsey is having a massive season so far............................................................
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:15 pm

FT

Arsenal 4-1 Norwich
1-0 Wilshere 18’
2-0 Özil 58'
2-1 Howson 70’
3-1 Ramsey 83'
4-1 Özil 88’

Arsenal go 2 points clear at the top of the table.

Any comments on the Gunners stunning performance today which included some brilliant goals?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Where has this Ramsey come from? He's like a different player.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Davey1 wrote:Where has this Ramsey come from? He's like a different player.

Do you recall me saying to you that he's looking much stronger in pre-season and you completely dimissing any notion of a Ramsey revival?

Aaron had a potentially career-threatening injury at the age of 19, putting him out of the game for one year, why was it surprising to so many that it took him a while to fulfil his potential? That's not to say I quite saw this coming, but it was unfair not to give him time.

Good performance, stunning goals and a great result.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby fakeplastictrees » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Arsenal look sensational. I'd be quite happy with them winning the league, Wenger deserves it really.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:35 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:Really looking forward to seeing Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott and Giroud in the same team, should be a devastating attack that is up there with the best in this league. Although he's got his critics we've missed having Theo in the side these past couple weeks; he stretches games when we are struggling to break down a side, so hopefully he's fit for this game.

This is the type of fixture I could see us stumbling on but we should win comfortably, 4-1 Arsenal is my prediction.

:roll:
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:08 am

Not great game from Arsenal ,Norwich the main reason for that. They fought hard right up until it was 3-1 ,they battled and had us losing a bit of composure at times. As i said before i watched this game the kid LeroY Fer is a player that has impressed me, and this game was no different.Looked like the second coming of Ya ya Toure and he's basically been the best player in the league over the last 3 years. I expect him to move to a big team if he continues build off of this start.
Ramsey has been terrific this season ,noticed it at the end of last season and i mentioned he was our best player before the season started. I just wonder if he can return the loyalty to Wenger that Wenger has shown to him over his career when some big money starts getting offered for his services?
As much as i respect Ozil doing ok , i thought when Norwich had us on the ropes at the end of the 1st half it was because of him and Cazorla being passengers on the pitch for the most part. Wasn't until the 56th minute and his part in the gaol that his name was mentioned ,i even thought he was subbed off at the half he was so invisible!
Our first goal was a thing of pure beauty ,football the way few teams can play in this league! Initially i thought the second flick by Giroud took a deflection and we got lucky ,but the replay showed the absolute perfection of that gaol.
I would like a striker and a defensive mid in the transfer window if possible ,based on what i saw today.
I hope Ozil has few moments like he had today against such level of competition ,but he looked good at times and seemed to wake up after the 3rd goal ,or was that because Norwich gave up?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:08 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:
Davey1 wrote:Where has this Ramsey come from? He's like a different player.

Do you recall me saying to you that he's looking much stronger in pre-season and you completely dimissing any notion of a Ramsey revival?

Aaron had a potentially career-threatening injury at the age of 19, putting him out of the game for one year, why was it surprising to so many that it took him a while to fulfil his potential? That's not to say I quite saw this coming, but it was unfair not to give him time.

Good performance, stunning goals and a great result.

You were right to put your faith in him as he's stepped up his game. I haven't seen him play like this, ever.

It would take an Arsenal fan to see this quality in him as I would see quality in players at my club like Luis Alberto and Ibe. We see sparks in first team occasions and reserve and youth level that a neutral might not see regulary enough to rate them.

The confidence shows in his performance as if he knows we haven't seen all he has to offer and that's pretty exciting.

You expect a player to go from strength to strength with time and games but he's just popped up and stands out in a midfield with Cazrola, Arteta and Ozil which is a lot of pressure from a younger player but he's handling really well so far.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League