Aston Villa v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Aston Villa will welcome Tottenham at Villa Park and will be hoping for some payback , Tottenham brushed them aside in a 4-0 league cup win last month , Nicklas Helenius will be making sure his shorts are extra tied up after they were bizarrely pulled down by Tottenham`s Jan Vertonghen.

With the news that Christian Benteke could be available again after a hip injury had kept him out for the last month or so , things are looking up for Paul Lambert.

Tottenham had a bad day at the office ...a 3-0 thumping by West Ham at White Hart Lane had left many Spurs fans in shock and for Tottenham it meant a fall from second in the table to sixth , but manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted it was a wake up call for his side ...he said "it can happen in games sometimes like this , you don't score and you end up suffering" .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Well, an interesting tie and probably one a shrewd punter should give wide berth. Difficult to predict, but I'm saying 1-2 to the Men in White. I'm looking at the form of Townsend and Walker for England, and I'm saying the confidence of the players has not been knocked by the thumping from West Ham. Heal that wound AVB!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:01 pm

I imagine AVB will drop Defoe and recall Soldado plus there will be a lot of focus on Townsend following his England heroics.
Villa will be pleased if Benteke is available again but I think we will see a reaction from Spurs after their humiliation by West Ham.

Villa 1-2 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:51 am

Did you know that Aston Villa have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 14 Premier League home games, losing nine in this run (W4 D1).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Teams

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Luna, Delph, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Kozak.

Subs: Steer, Helenius, Sylla, Benteke, Bowery, Tonev, Lowton.

Tottenham
Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Sandro, Townsend, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Defoe.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Spurs have scored a somewhat lucky goal from Townsend who put a cross into Villa's box but nobody touched it and it went in!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Some stupid moron in the away section has thrown a flare onto the pitch and blue smoke is going everywhere.

I wish something could be done to stop these idiots!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Hams wrote:Some stupid moron in the away section has thrown a flare onto the pitch and blue smoke is going everywhere.

I wish something could be done to stop these idiots!

I completely agree, the punishment for these people should be a lit flare shoved up their ar*e, now that would be entertainment!
Not a convincing first half by Spurs, but we have looked a lot more capable in attack than Villa. I expect us to go on and win the match in the second half. Plenty of quality on the Spurs bench if a change is required.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:13 pm

HT

Villa 0-1 Spurs

I wonder if we will see Benteke in the 2nd half?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Townsend's first goal was a fluke haha. He's off the mark 1 goal 0 assists, truly world class :lol:
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:20 pm

FT

Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham
0-1 Townsend 31’
0-2 Soldado 69’

What a week its been for Townsend!

He made his debut,scored for England and was in a race row!

It was good to see Soldado score his first goal from open play.

Any comments on tonights win for Tottenham?

Will this season be another one of struggle for Villa if Benteke doesn't score for them?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Going back to the flare incident its been reported that it did hit the linesman
on the back of the head but he didn't make a meal out of it and carried on so credit to him.

The police are believed to have studied CCTV footage and taken away one Spurs fan for questioning.

This nonsense is slowly creeping into our game more often by the likes of Liverpool supporters and must be stamped out.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:30 pm

I agree about the flares thing Hams, they are an import from the continent and not welcome in the Premiership. I hope the twat who smuggled it in is banned from all Spurs games.

Getting back to the game, not a great one and I think Villa only had one shot on target (I can't remember Llorris having to make a save), so you don't have to be a genius to work out their weakness.

Despite the comment from Davey1, Townsend had a decent game. Some very nice touches, and I think he was knackered in the last 20', surprised AVB did not sub him. Nobody at Spurs is saying he is world class, the boy is young and has potential to be an excellent player. Too early to write him up as the next Bale, or to relegate him to yet another 'squad player'.

Spurs are not the finished article by any means, the balance of the team is not quite there yet. Soldado does not get enough service up front, and I'm not quite sure how we are going to resolve that. I hope AVB sees that and realises we cannot play this way the entire season and hope to get honours out of it
Enough said, I'll take this result all day long, back up to 5th place. Not too shabby. :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 am

I better correct myself that it was a smoke bomb that was thrown at the linesman not a flare.
Any way 2 Spurs fans have now been arrested by the police and the FA are also going to investigate the incident.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League