Liverpool v West Brom

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v West Brom

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Liverpool dropped a place to third in the table as they were held by Newcastle at St Jame's Park ...manager Brendan Rodgers will be happy that his side came back twice to earn a point but disappointed that they didn't quite come way with all 3 pts . He said after the game "We are disappointed not to get all three, but to come back twice I think the point was the least we deserved. We are on the right path and this point could be important at the end of the season."

West Brom settled for a point as they drew 0-0 at Stoke , now in 12th place in the table the Baggies are enjoying a 4 game unbeaten run and manager Steve Clarke is hoping that run will continue against Liverpool on Saturday .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:18 pm

They don't have Lukaku so I'm confident our defence can handle them.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 am

This should be another great opportunity for the SAS or Suarridge partnership to get some more goals and 3 more points on the board for Liverpool against WBA.

Liverpool 2-0 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:50 pm

West Brom are unbeaten in 5 matches and have won the last 3 league meetings against Liverpool , so it may not be as straightforward as some people think .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:58 am

This won't be an easy match for Liverpool i can see a draw! 2-2
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Teams

Liverpool:
Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez…

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Agger, Allen, Sterling, Moses, Alberto

West Brom:
Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Yacob, Mulumbu, Amalfitano, Anelka, Sessegnon, Anichebe…

Subs: Daniels, Long, Brunt, Morrison, Lugano, Vydra, Berahino.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:45 pm

You want to know why i wanted Suarez at Arsenal for any price ,then those two goals t=just typifies it. The man is pure football plain and simple. Header from the edge of the box! Are you kidding me? The man has more attacking dimensions to his game than any forward i can think of i can;t see RVP hitting a header from that far out that naturally and to do it in our league just wipes out the notion that anyone in Europe is anywhere close to him in that category.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 pm

HT

Liverpool 2-0 WBA

1-0 Suarez 12’
2-0 Suarez 17’

2 stunning goals from Luis Suarez have put Liverpool in the driving seat at Anfield.

Will the forward get a hat trick?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:07 pm

FT

Liverpool 4-1 WBA
1-0 Suarez 12’
2-0 Suarez 17’
3-0 Suarez 55’
3-1 Morrison 66’ (pen.)
4-1 Sturridge 77’

Liverpool go up to 2nd in the league following Luis Suarez's first ever home hat trick for the club.

Any comments on todays win for Reds?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:12 pm

What a blinder from Sturridge! I was about to blast him for making another bad decision once Suarez got his hat rick because they were mounting up,but he bailed himself out with a touch of brilliance!
needed that for my fantasy team ,as i am taking a battering this week yet again.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Luis Suarez / Dream Weaver ....I could have sworn we had lightening yesterday ,and yet
I witnessed another fulgurous emission that lit up the faces of all on the Kop.

Superlatives aside ,if that was Luis's acknowledgement of the debt he owes the paying
public inside Anfield then it could become a little embarrassing accepting bounteous gifts
such as these week in week out .....What a player this tenacious, abrasive, brilliant little
Uruguayan will become.

I also thought Lucas was phenomenal today ,his voracious appetite for a tackle was a
the platform for our performance.....A very welcome return.

We completely bossed a very decent WBA team who still managed 15 shots ,yet our
approach play was at times breathtaking..... Sturridges chip was just the proverbial
icing on the cake.

Now bring on the Goonerz ,that's going to be some game ......Excessive noise in the library :wink:

redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Yes, a fine win by Liverpool to keep them in contention for honours. I started watching this game from kick off, but it looked pretty much like one way traffic so I switched to Man United vs Stoke. Much more fun! Really interesting to see how Liverpool go on against the big boys in the Premiership this season. Yes, they have beaten Man Utd already, but nobody would say the current Manc team is a strong one.
Good luck against the Arsenal! :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:08 am

I have to say that the 2nd goal from Suarez was one of the best headers I have seen for a very long time!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:32 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Yes, a fine win by Liverpool to keep them in contention for honours. I started watching this game from kick off, but it looked pretty much like one way traffic so I switched to Man United vs Stoke. Much more fun! Really interesting to see how Liverpool go on against the big boys in the Premiership this season. Yes, they have beaten Man Utd already, but nobody would say the current Manc team is a strong one.

We've already lost to one of the big boys in Southampton :(

I'd much prefer our position this year than this time last year, when nothing was working!

Onwards. Suarez absolutely brilliant. The price tag just keeps getting higher and higher for him.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:50 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Yes, a fine win by Liverpool to keep them in contention for honours. I started watching this game from kick off, but it looked pretty much like one way traffic so I switched to Man United vs Stoke. Much more fun! Really interesting to see how Liverpool go on against the big boys in the Premiership this season. Yes, they have beaten Man Utd already, but nobody would say the current Manc team is a strong one.

No ,we haven't played any of the big teams as of yet,but then we always
seem to raise our game a significant notch when playing top teams,its usually
the mid table yard dogs that cause us the most consternation ,but this season
we seem to be far more consistent.

Incidentally Spurs have a few challenging encounters coming up themselves ,and I
have always maintained the belief that the run up to Christmas can be used as a
general rule of thumb that can gauge a teams potency in the title run in ,or indeed
the battle for Champions League places.

Something I believe should be taken for granted given the outlay on players
Spurs have accrued,in fact in light of the quality of the new personnel and
their capabilities I think a tilt at the title wouldn't be too excessive an ask. :wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 am

I'm predicting a 1-1 against Arsenal.

What a game. If 3 of those 4 goals aren't in Goal of the month then I'll be shocked.

going with the flat 5 in midfield just proves we're adaptable. With Coutinho back for Arsenal, I don't know how our midfield will pan out.

Cissokho had a shocker but managed a good assist for Suarez. He's still fresh in this league and needs more game time.
Lucas must of covered more ground than anyone today and Henderson showed maturity in his performance, doing the simple things sometimes is necessary.

Sturridge didn't have the best of games and looked a bit deflated watching Suarez having a perfect game. Pure class with that goal from Sturridge.

I'm getting fed up of people saying we need to beat the top teams of the league but most of the teams we've played have had excellent form previously.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Super Mario10 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 am

That was one of the best performances i have seen from us in along time , but i have to say i loved jordan hendersons performance.

I have slated him from the moment we signed him but credit were it is due the boy is having a very good season thus far. Lucas was formidable in the centre of the park but i still think the top teams will expose our flaws in defence.

Sissoko looks average at best and although i am a big fan of sakho it always looks like there is a mistake in him.

Suarez what can you say he is a genius pure and simple. I can honestly say i have never seen a player that can read what a defender is going to do better than him , he nutmegs people for fun.

Why did agger not play is he recovering from injury just curious?

Looking forward to the arsenal game but i do think with their form and being at home they will win...
Super Mario10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League