Swansea v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Swansea v West Ham

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am

Swansea won their last game 4-0 against Sunderland with Jonathan De Guzman putting in an excellent display.

West Ham were beaten 3-1 by Man City at home in their last match and were unable to deal with Sergio Aguero.

The Swans have won the last 3 competitive meetings between these 2 sides and without even conceding a goal.

This is going to be a tough away match for the Hammers and I'd be happy if we came away from Wales with a draw.

Swansea 1-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

It looks like the Hammers will go into this game with another 4-6-0 formation which will be the 3rd match in a row that we don't start with a striker.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Teams

Swansea City:
Vorm; Rangel, Chico, Williams, Taylor; Britton, de Guzman, Michu, Dyer, Routledge; Vazquez.

Subs: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Canas, Pozuelo, Hernandez, Bony.

West Ham United:
Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Rat; Morrison, Noble, Nolan, Diame, Downing; Vaz Te.

Subs Adrian, Jarvis, Maiga, Taylor, O'Brien, C.Cole, J.Cole.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:13 pm

HT

Swansea 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:11 pm

FT

Swansea 0-0 West Ham

I'm happy with the point and clean sheet. I don't think there is really anything more to say.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Thought we were the better team for at least an hour but again our lack of cutting edge cost us.

Having said that, a draw is a decent enough result and we were mostly solid defensively. The worst game i've ever seen from Michu and that other Spanish bloke was just as bad.

We desperately need carroll back though as everything else is working fairly well. Jarvis was diabolical and nolan pretty non existant but the rest had fine games. Have to hope vaz te didn't hurt himself as badly as it seemed as jarvis looks shot to bits.

Draw probably a fair result on the balance of efforts on goal but on overall play i thought we were good for the win. Don't expect the highlights to back that up though.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 am

Lucky not to have a penalty givin against ye at the end. Cole's arm was pretty high and he shouldn't be turning his back anyway
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 am

eaman wrote:Lucky not to have a penalty givin against ye at the end. Cole's arm was pretty high and he shouldn't be turning his back anyway

there's this falsehood about handball gethering momentum at a shocking pace. for handball to be given there needs to be an element of intent and/or that the player has made the attempt to block the ball with his arm.

just because some referees have wrongly given penalties for this kind of thing (see spurs game for example) it does not mean they should always be given but all i hear is 'we've seen them given' as though that is justification for an incorrect decision.

it was never a penalty and i'm bitterly disappointed in Laudrup for his whingeing about it. i thought he was better than that to be honest.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 am

Never mind if it was penalty or not.
I think Swansea need to sort out their public address system as it was stuck on a loop for about 20 mins screaming out "attention" which was very annoying!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Hams wrote:Never mind if it was penalty or not.
I think Swansea need to sort out their public address system as it was stuck on a loop for about 20 mins screaming out "attention" which was very annoying!

forgot to mention that actually.

it always seemed to kick in whenever we had possession as well...
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Hams wrote:Never mind if it was penalty or not.

forgot to mention that actually.

it always seemed to kick in whenever we had possession as well...

I wonder if O Dogg was responsible for it as he works near to the Liberty stadium and is a bit of a geek?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 pm

a bit?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 pm

I don't think the spurs one was a penalty. His hands were in a totally natural position and the ball hit his thigh first. But the Cole one was a penalty mainly coz he turned his back and made himself bigger by raising his arm. It wasn't deliberate but where his arm was was more than likely where the ball would be coming in. Anyway it's bad defending. You don't turn your back on the ball
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:27 pm

his arm was in the same position as the Hull bloke. the only difference was he looked away and the ball never hit his leg first, neither of which are entirely relevant to the decision of whether there was deliberate intent.

bad defending it may be but a penalty it most certainly wasn't.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 pm

sorry ..am i in the wrong thread ...Spurs penalty ? and the Hull bloke .. :?
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League