Have Tottenham become boring to watch?

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Have Tottenham become boring to watch?

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Spurs boss AVB has had a go at Tottenham's fans for not getting behind the team at White Hart Lane.

Is it possible that they have just become too boring to watch since selling Gareth Bale to Madrid for £86 million?

The North Londoners have some how managed to reach 4th in the league but have only scored 9 goals in the Premier league.

You would think after having spent over £100 million on new players during the summer they might be more entertaining?

Whats the point of playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to Hull City and only Soldado up front and leaving out Defoe?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 pm

I think there is some truth in the criticism that we are too defensive at home, however I'm not really complaining. This is a different approach to the game that AVB has introduced. It may not be 'balls out' attacking football, but Spurs have played 'attacking attractive football' for decades without looking like they could ever trouble the top 3 or 4 clubs in the league. Our last trophy was the league cup in 2008. I say give AVB his head and see what he can do as the chess player. If Spurs can get Champions League football, and a trophy, this year I definitely won't be complaining.
Up the Spurs!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 pm

It is a new bunch of players, and even though AVB has had a couple of pre-seasons under his belt, he still brought in a ton of new players. Given time to find their feet, they should be a force to be feared, and they are set up well in the medium term.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:40 am

Spurs fans are notoriously delusional and fickle. amazing it has taken Villas-Boas this long to find that out.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League