Arsenal v Chelsea - 29th October

Chat about this years League Cup here - What is your opinion about our 2nd tier cup competition

Moderator: Moderators

Arsenal v Chelsea - 29th October

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Arsenal won a dramatic penalty shoot out away at West Brom in the last round after it had finished 1-1 after normal time.

Chelsea had a more comfortable 2-0 win away at Swindon in the last round with first half goals from Torres and Ramires.

Arsene Wenger will probably rest most of his key players and will send out the kids while The Blues should have a strong line up.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 pm

It looks like Mourinho is going to send out his reserves as he is unhappy at playing on Tuesday so soon after the Sunday game against Man City.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Teams

Arsenal
Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ryo, Bendtner.

Subs - Özil,Giroud,Viviano,Sagna,Park,Yennaris,Hayden

Chelsea
Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, Mikel, Essien, De Bruyne, Mata, Willian, Eto'o.

Subs - Torres,Hazard,Ba,Ivanovic,Ramires,Kalas,Blackman
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:01 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea

0-1 Azpilicueta 25’
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Well the Mourinho hex continues over Wenger, a surprising score given the experience of the Arsenal line up. Credit to Chelsea, they looked pretty much in control and deserved the win.
Never easy to come back when going 2 behind Chelsea, the team seems really comfortable at sitting back and absorbing pressure.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 pm

FT

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea
0-1 Azpilicueta 25’
0-2 Mata 66’

Arsenal were well below par today.

Any comments on Chelsea's deserved victory?

The Gunners fail to qualify for the quarter finals of the League cup for first time in 11 years.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

How was Eto'o?
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Boris wrote:How was Eto'o?

I thought he had a quiet game and that Ba looked more dangerous when he came on for last 10 mins or so.

Juan Mata was easily the man of the match.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Mourinho's got some neck ain't he ffs! Talking about how he's putting out a weaker team ! What a joke!
There is not one player in his line up tonight that i don't think is an international! He had Obi Mikel in the mid field instead of Lamaprd and if you swap those two players alone Arsenal win this game. Mikel controlled that mid field with teh help of Essien who lloked rather old at times. We had Miyachi who looked like a school kid out there, no strength whatsoever. He looked very much like the non asian stereo type of what oriental players are like by default .
I am not in any shape or form mad about this loss ,it is an expendable cup tournamen with a suqad as thin as ours is and it;s nothing more than a obsticle. We need to concentrate on qualification for the CL and maybe try and get the FA cup or CL title if we finally get the sort of luck other teams have had with the draw.

It was interesting to see Wenger's interaction with Mourinho befroe the game started. Mourinho waited by the entrance for Wneger to appear. The Portuguese bloke looking like an Arther Daley type trying to flog some bent watches on some east end corner and Wenger striding past offering a hand of welcome whilst still maintaning his momentum past the attention whore of a manager.
Class! I thought Willian had a good game to be honest ,not really been impressed as most with the payer before his signing with Chelsea but he showed some promise in this game! I just hope this loss doesn't ahve any psychological affects on this tiring team of players. We enjoyed some soft oppsoition up to now ,now it's time to see what this team is really about.
Nobody said much about Ozil's outing against this top team i see! Typical!
:lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:03 pm

specnur wrote:

Class! I thought Willian had a good game to be honest ,not really been impressed as most with the payer before his signing with Chelsea but he showed some promise in this game! I just hope this loss doesn't ahve any psychological affects on this tiring team of players. We enjoyed some soft oppsoition up to now ,now it's time to see what this team is really about.
Nobody said much about Ozil's outing against this top team i see! Typical!
:lol:

didn't bother to watch any of this match ...would have been nice to win but we just don't have the players to cope when facing a team with the quality in reserve of Chelsea , the introduction of Giroud and Ozil didn't change anything and after going 2-0 down there was no coming back for us .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Capital One Cup