Arsenal v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Arsenal managed to get past Crystal Palace in the end on Saturday ..the 2-0 win kept them on top of the Premier League and means the showdown with Liverpool this coming Saturday at the Emirates will be a crucial test for Arsene Wenger and his team .

Liverpool had an easy win over West Brom , the 4-1 result included a hatrick from Luis Suarez and manager Brendan Rodgers will be hoping for more of the same against the Gunners this Saturday , a win would take them above Arsenal and give a big boost to their chances of a first Premier League title ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:12 pm

With the way that Suarez is playing at the moment I think that he could be too hot to handle for Arsenal's defenders.

Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

hopefully we can keep Suarez quiet , we need to bounce back again after the defeat against Chelsea , cannot afford to lose this game .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

I believe Arsenal can keep Suarez is check, so I'm predicting a 2-0 win to the Gooners. They weren't the best against the Germans in Europe, or against Chelsea, but I don't think that Liverpool will be quite as difficult to overcome. Big game, the winner will get a massive boost I'm sure.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Did you know that Mesut Ozil has gone four Premier League appearances without an assist. :P

After this game the Arsenal go Dortmund in the CL and then have an away trip to Man Utd so we will now see what they are really made of.

I know the Gunners beat Spurs but that was very early on in the season and in the games that have mattered since they've been beaten by Dormtund and Chelsea at home.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I think the absence of Flamini is a huge loss for the gunners ,and with our little
Brazilian maestro back in the fold pulling the strings through the middle then I
believe the reds with the inclusion of Coutinho will add even greater potency
to the reds already formidable front line.

Cant wait for this one ,I just hope Arsenal don't exploit Cissokho's more obvious
weaknesses ....Other than that I think Arsenals defence will be under the kosh
more than ours.

1-2 Liverpool
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:33 pm

a real shame Flamini got injured before such an important game , we do have players who can fill in though , it is a massive game for us ...need Ozil and Giroud to be at their best .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Early team news.

Liverpool - Mignolet,Johnson,Touré,Škrtel,Sakho,Cissokho,Lucas Leiva,Gerrard,Coutinho,Suarez,Sturridge
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Wilshere out with an ankle injury ,I suppose that's another plus in our favour
as he was starting to develop a good understanding with Ramsey.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 pm

What with Newcastle beating Chelsea earlier ,what greater incentive
could the reds require for playing the game of their respective lives
against a depleted Arsenal team than storming to the summit once
more..... I'm getting giddy now ,so I'm off to my local to watch what
will hopefully be an absolute epic.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Starting Flanagan is a surprise over Martin Kelly,unless Kelly isn't 100% match fit yet

Last time Dalglish started Flanagan at the Emirates he had a great game so hopefully we'll see this again...looking forward to seeing Coutinho back on the bench too,can't wait to see him link up with Sturridge and Suarez.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Hayden, Akpom, Bendtner.

Liverpool:
Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Sturridge.

Subs: Jones, Coutinho, Moses, Kelly, Allen, Agger, Sterling.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm

HT

Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool

1-0 Cazorla 19'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Cracking game, end to end stuff, it is why we love the Premiership. I'll be impressed if Liverpool can turn this around for a win.
Pickleman1967

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Good watching, great game. I only hope another side from North London can beat a team from Merseyside tomorrow!
Pickleman1967

Postby Davey1 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Really need Spurs & Everton to draw tomorrow.

Always tough at the Emirates. Hopefully we can take away 3 points from Fulham at home to give us back the confidence for Everton.

We couldn't find the net today and that was the difference. Good game for neutrals.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Very happy with this performance and a great result to go with it. Glad Cazorla showed glimpses of why he's been underrated by some members of this forum; without doubt one of our best players and a certain starter.

Should give us some confidence going into Dortmund and United, fancy us to get a good result off both of them.
Stan Kroenke's moustache
World Class
World Class

Postby redpelt » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Arsenal were brilliant today, all be it against an extremely stagnant Liverpool
midfield,they were first to every ball and they simply wanted it more.

Its however becoming galling to see Gerrard's name being on every single team
sheet when his performances for a captain of Liverpool Fc notably the one earlier
have been frankly nothing short of shameful.

Arsenal closed down our play and denied us any space superbly, and at times they
got so close to our attacking players we didn't cast a shadow....Rosicky was class
and his ability to pick out a pass was a highpoint of Arsenals attacking play.

All in all a victory richly deserved ,and Koscielny was imperious at the back for the
gunners and snuffed out any threat that Suarez carried.

In summation this is a game I will have to consign to the 'one to forget' column .
Congratulations Arsenal ,you showed us how important a teams work ethic can
prove.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:22 pm

superb game from us , we were always on top and kept the danger men ..Suarez and Sturridge quite enough that they only had a few chances during the game . The goals were both class , Cazorla did brilliantly to volley the ball home after it rebounded off the post ...and Ramsey had another goal from the `top drawer` category ....nothing Mignolet could do about that .

Rosicky played very well and has always been a favourite of mine , Giroud probably should have scored as well but I will gladly settle for 2-0 . The incident when Suarez took a free kick quickly leading to Jordan Henderson tapping in Daniel Sturridge's pass was dealt with correctly by Martin Atkinson , he had not told Suraez it was ok to take the free kick quick so it was no goal .

Was Steve Gerrard actually playing yesterday , never even heard him mentioned to my knowledge which is rather unusual considering he is such an important player for them usually .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Was Steve Gerrard actually playing yesterday , never even heard him mentioned to my knowledge which is rather unusual considering he is such an important player for them usually .

I was thinking the same when watching this game yesterday - Lampard's form has also dropped which isn't good for England.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League