Sunderland v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Sunderland v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet will be hoping his players can avoid they type of challenges that saw Lee Catttermole and Andrea Dossena sent off in the 1-0 loss at Hull . The win against Newcastle the previous week had seen Sunderland move of the bottom of the table ..they are still however a long way from safety and with a visit by in form Man City , Gus Poyet may need a performance from his team that is out of this world if he wants anything from the game .

Man City thrashed a feeble looking Norwich 7-0 at the Eitad and manager Manuel Pelligrini was understandably delighted , Man City have won every game at home in the league this season , lying 4th in the table at the moment a win against struggling Sunderland is a must .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm

I guess that Joe Hart will once again be left out which will mean that Man City once again play without any English players in their side.

The sooner that new FA boss Gregg Dyke and his commission get to work the better as this should not be allowed to happen and is a disgrace in my view.

Sunderland 1-3 Man City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 am

I dislike the 'new' Man City, nothing like the old one which used to keep us entertained by spectacular failure and a revolving door policy with managers. They seem to have retained the revolving door policy with the managers, but are looking a very strong team at the moment. They were my tip for the title at the start of the season, and I'll stick with them though it gives me no pleasure. Sunderland 0 Man City 2
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:but are looking a very strong team at the moment.

at home, for sure. however they've been very hit and miss away from home.

that said, Sunderland are crap and their manager is an odious little berk so i am hoping we see similar scenes to the Norwich game.

0-8
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 pm

David Silva has been ruled out for 4 weeks with a calf injury so Pellegrini may have to actually select an English player for his side.

Did you know that Sunderland have won each of their last three Barclays Premier League home games against Manchester City by one goal to nil.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Hams wrote:The sooner that new FA boss Gregg Dyke and his commission get to work the better as this should not be allowed to happen and is a disgrace in my view.

Sunderland 1-3 Man City

don't expect them to do anything drastic....while having English players in your team is something to be proud off i think most fans could not give a monkeys who is in the team as long as they are winning.

Sunderland will do well to get anything from this game ....a draw would be a great result for them but i think a 2-1 win for Man City
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Teams

Sunderland
Mannone, Celustka, Bardsley, Brown, O'Shea (c), Ki, Larsson, Colback, Johnson, Giaccherini, Fletcher.

Subs: Cabral, Gardner, Altidore, Diakite, Borini, Mavrias, Westwood.

Man City
Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Kolarov, Milner, Toure (c), Garcia, Nasri, Aguero, Negredo.

Subs: Hart,Clichy,Navas,Zabaleta,Rodwell,Boyata,Dzeko
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:06 pm

HT

Sunderland 1-0 Man City

Bardsley 21
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:09 pm

FT

Sunderland 1-0 Man City
1-0 Bardsley 21'

The Black Cats beat City 1-0 for a 4th time in a row!

Wes Brown was excellent today in his return to the Sunderland team.

It has been a great day for the sides in the North East.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:47 pm

I didn't know that Wes Brown had been out for nearly 2 years so an extra special day for him against City today.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 am

just as i said, Man City are a shadow of themselves away from home.

disastrous dropping of points for them which will almost certainly see them suffer in the long run. far too many defeats far too early.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

A weekend of coupon busting scores, however I think it is still too early to be writing off any club at the moment. I think City will come good and start climbing the table sooner rather than later. Sunderland will enjoy the moment I'm sure, but I suspect they will be fighting relegation towards the end of the season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League