Norwich v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Norwich v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Norwich were hammered 7-0 at Man City and manager Chris Hughton is under severe pressure as his side dropped into the bottom three of the Premier League ..he said after the game , "we gave away some soft goals and it is something that has crept into our general play recently ..its something that we need to stop , and we need to stop straight away ".

West Ham just cannot score at the moment ...a 0-0 draw with Aston Villla at Upton Park left them only a few points off the bottom three , but manager Sam Allardyce was happy there was not another home defeat after losing their three previous
league games at Upton Park ..."After three home defeats on the trot it was very important we didn't lose . In the last two home games we have conceded three in both so it was vital to get back to keeping clean sheets.There's only one thing missing, and that's scoring a goal or two, but we are only a small margin away from being a three-point team instead of a one-point team."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:15 am

this has 0-0 written all over it.

Norwich will want to tighten up to avoid defeat after their drubbing and we just can't score. Allardyce will probably tell us to respect the point after the game and we'll be another game without a goal.

having said that, our away record is strangely pretty good so i am open to surprise.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I see that this Norwich trip and the home Chelsea game after the international break are both live on Sky at 5.30pm.

I just don't know where our next goal is coming from at the moment never mind actually winning a game so I also guess this will be a 0-0 draw.

Norwich 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:08 pm

I give West Ham a chance here because Norwich are in trouble right now, typified by an abject performance against Man City . Could not have a better time to be playing them, it seems to have all turned to sh*t for Houghton. Norwich 0 West Ham 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

Reid is out injured which is a massive blow. Collins should be back to partner Tomkins so i expect we'll see a lot more 'long passes' than we've been used to since Tomkins partnered Reid.

don't expect this to be a game for the neutrals.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Thats a real shame about Reid but hopefully Collins will do well and wont make any errors.

I heard that Norwich's strike force is as bad as ours and they have only managed 6 shots between them all so far this season.

Did you know that West Ham could become the first team to draw three Premier League games in a row 0-0 since 2009 :lol:

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 pm

well Norwich will have no better incentive to win , they would move above West Ham if they did win .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm

A 4-3-2-1 formation for West Ham? Oh stop it Sam you reckless maniac..
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Teams

Norwich:
Ruddy; Martin (c), Turner, R Bennett, Olsson; Snodgrass, Howson, Fer, Pilkington; Elmander, Hooper.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Whittaker, Johnson, Bassong, Hoolahan, Becchio, Redmond

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Rat, Noble, Nolan (c), Collison, Downing, J.Cole, Morrison.

Subs: Adrian, O'Brien, McCartney, Maiga, Jarvis, Diame, C.Cole
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 pm

James Colllins comes in for Winston Reid at the back while Joe Cole is preferred today to Matt Jarvis.
Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm

A well worked goal by West Ham, they have looked the more likely side to score. I still think they are crying out for Carroll to return to lead the line, but against this Norwich side they should have enough to go on and kill the game.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

HT

Norwich 0-1 West Ham

Morrison 32'

It was an excellent first half display by the Hammers and just a shame we couldn't kill them off with another goal.

Hopefully will keep them quiet in the 2nd period.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:57 pm

A penalty without a doubt, I'm now hoping for an entertaining second half with both teams going at it...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Can't argue with the quality of the free kick by Snodgrass. West Ham have it all to do. Good game.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Its now 2-1 to Norwich thanks to a Snodgrass free kick.
I cant believe that they have managed to turn this around and don't think West Ham will get anything from this game now. :(
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Can't help but think West Ham need a recognized striker to give them the 'bite' required in games like this. Having said that a fine win by Norwich, who will be very grateful for the three points...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 pm

FT

Norwich 3-1 West Ham
0-1 Morrison 32’
1-1 Hooper 54’ (pen)
2-1 Snodgrass 72’
3-1 Fer 90’

It was a really rubbish performance from West Ham in the 2nd half.
I have no complaints about the penalty that helped get Norwich back into the game.

It looks like the Hammers are going to be in a long fight against relegation this season.

I don't know what the hell Big Sam said to our players at half time to make them put in such a useless 2nd period?!

we need to get some serious training in during the international break as our next opponents are Chelsea who always beat us at Upton Park.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am

absolutely abysmal second half performance. i'm struggling to remember a save Ruddy had to make all half.

be under no illusions that we're going to be in a relegation battle all season now. the risk of signing DOwning while not placing any of the budget on gettnig a forward in is backfiring big time.

Jaaskaleinen consistently fails to get across his goal for set pieces - that's the fourth one we've conceded already this season, surely the highest amount so far? they've also all been game changers in one way or another.

massively disappointed with that.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 am

I thought the free kick that Norwich were awarded for their 2nd goal was pretty harsh.

Our keeper Jussi was also slow to react to Snodgrass's shot and I think its time to drop the Finn and give Adrian a run out.

As usual Big Sam was talking rubbish after the game and making excuses which isn't good enough.

His job is now on the line as far as I'm concerned and we might have to start considering possible alternatives.

Our 2nd half performance at Carrow Rd was PATHETIC and the players should come out like men and apologise for such an inept display.

Also Kevin Nolan was once again USELESS and seems to spend more time arguing with the referee than actually playing the bloody game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 pm

what a clanger by Jaaskelainen ..clear penalty , and he was nowhere for the goal by Snodgrass , by the time he had moved it was too late . I think Big Sam may have until Christmas though to get West Ham back up the table ..the next 3 games will be vital to get some points from .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League