Liverpool v Fulham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Fulham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Liverpool found Arsenal too much to cope with as they lost 2-0 at the Emirates , Luis Suarez and Daniel Stuuridge were limited to some half chances and even manger Brendan Rodgers had to admit the Gunners deserved their victory ..he said after the game.."well i thought probably , over the course of the game they were the better team"..

Fulham were well beaten by Man Utd ..a 3-1 defeat left manager Martin Jol under a bit of pressure but he said he is not afraid of getting the boot from his job ..."If you are in the bottom half of the table you have to win games . It is not as bad as people think, but the only thing is you want to turn it around like Newcastle United did agains Chelsea .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Fulham's German defender Sascha Riether has been banned for three matches as the FA's new disciplinary panel was used for the first time.

This should be a comfortable home win for Liverpool and it would be good to see a better performance also from Steven Gerrard who has been poor recently.

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Did you know that In the two previous Premier League seasons that Liverpool have
recorded a 6-2-2 record after 10 games, they have finished third and fourth (1994-95 and 1995-96 respectively).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 pm

I predicted the 0-2 reverse Liverpool suffered at the Emirates, but back at home against some less illustrious opposition I think they will be keen to score a hatful of goals to get their season back on track. It seems Martin Yol and Fulham are destined to be scrapping in the relegation zone. They do have some fire power (just ask Crystal Palace) but the likes of Burbatov and Bent are not the sort to run themselves ragged for their club when they are fighting for survival. Hard to see them troubling the 'Pool defence much. Liverpool 4 Fulham 0
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Anything less than a win will be an awful result,Fulham are well known for being poor on their travels so we have to win at all costs.

Sakho,Toure and Flanagan are all dropped and in come Agger,Johnson and Coutinho.

With the return of these three we should have more balance in defence and Coutinho will look to link with Sturridge and Suarez.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Teams

Liverpool:
Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Cissokho, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge..

subs: Jones, Enrique, Alberto, Moses, Sakho, Allen, Sterling

Fulham:
Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Senderos, Amorebieta, Richardson, Parker, Sidwell, Dejagah, Kasami, Kacaniklic, Berbatov...

subs: Stockdale, Hughes, Boateng, Karagounis, Taarabt, Ruiz, Bent
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 pm

2-0 after 26 minutes

This is more like it :)
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote: Liverpool 4 Fulham 0

Woah there 'Pool, I like to get it spot on...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

FT

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
1-0 Amorebieta 23’ (o.g.)
2-0 Škrtel 26’
3-0 Suarez 36’
4-0 Suarez 54’

Liverpool go 2nd in the table after this easy win.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote: Liverpool 4 Fulham 0

Woah there 'Pool, I like to get it spot on...

I also predicted 4-0 :wink:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Luis Suarez is just the epitome of a player who is oblivious to the heights he
could eventually climb ,every week he picks his game up and brings it dragging
and screaming up to yet another level.... I'm not kidding some of the football
he played today completely astounded me.

Coutinho and Gerrard were at the heart of everything good that came from our
performance ,and Glen Johnson (my motm) was brilliant and his forays up front
gave an a acuteness and ferocity that was missing against the Gooners .

Special mention to Henderson who again gave everything he had ,and one raking
ball in particular was so smooth it could have hid in honey.
Last word must go to the returning Agger who was error free and unflappable
throughout ,and Joe Allen who was productive and showed signs of a return to
the player who was lauded on the Kop in his first few games.

Second in the league and the football today bore an uncanny resemblance to the
glorious stuff we played towards the latter end of last season.... Arsenal was a
wake up call and a brief glimpse of the cohesion and work ethic we need to emulate
if we have aspirations of clawing our way back into the top four.

Fulham put to the proverbial sword,and in the words of a famous avid
spectator watching at Anfield "It's freedom, baby, yeah".
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:36 am

Sturridge looked very much like the troublesome young bloke that had the attitude at Man City and early Chelsea. seemed to be trying too hard and getting overly frustrated with his partner.

if his head goes things could get messy.

regarding the game, Fulham were never in with a chance. outclassed from the first minute to the last. Jol is under pressure but i just can't see who will come in and do a better job. i suspect Bent will be given a start in the next fixture as Berbatov was a statue out there.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 am

Steely Hill wrote:Sturridge looked very much like the troublesome young bloke that had the attitude at Man City and early Chelsea. seemed to be trying too hard and getting overly frustrated with his partner.

regarding the game, Fulham were never in with a chance. outclassed from the first minute to the last. Jol is under pressure but i just can't see who will come in and do a better job. i suspect Bent will be given a start in the next fixture as Berbatov was a statue out there.

I saw glimpses of that as well. Both guys are shoot first, ask questions later kind of lads, and we all know both are fiercely competitive (to a fault) and want to end up the top scorer in the league. Good thing the ball filters through Coutinho -- once the scoring race heats up, I can't see SAS selflessly passing from one to another if a slight opportunity for a shot presents itself.

Otherwise, a convincing performance over a poor side is just what the doctor ordered after losing to a good Arsenal side. As was said before, these were the types of matches that we used to drop even more points from in past seasons. I'd rather suffer a hiccup from the top 2 or 3 sides and dispose of everyone else than where we were (beat the team top of the table and lose to someone in the relegation scrum)
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Sturridge looked very much like the troublesome young bloke that had the attitude at Man City and early Chelsea. seemed to be trying too hard and getting overly frustrated with his partner.

Its the return of Coutinho who has had a marked effect on Sturridges game ,as the
majority of our little Brazilians glorious through balls have only one objective in mind
to find the weaving runs of one Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz .

Sturridge suddenly finds himself out of the loop somewhat ,and regularly having to
come deep to receive the ball is simply Daniel having to adapt his game to be part
of a potentially lethal triumvirate.....As yet though Coutinho's presence in the team
means Sturridge is no longer the spearhead we relied on so heavily at the start of
the season.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Tbf, Suarez should of squared it across goal. I can see why he shot though.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League