England squad v Chile and Germany

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

England squad v Chile and Germany

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Roy Hodgson has called up Southampton's Jay Rodriguez and Adam Lallana for the friendly games against Chile and Germany

Did the Saints duo deserve to be selected?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 pm

they've been playing well and friendlies should be about experimenting so i'm not fussed with it.

i'm more concerned about the inclusion of Cleverley.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Be interesting to see if Hart gets the gloves for the friendlies. Forster should be given a chance, I know he is playing in a diddy league but his performances in the Champions League have been impressive. Roy said he would get his chance and with Harts recent form and 2 friendlies coming up it would be the perfect time.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:29 am

Man Utd's Carrick and Welbeck have both pulled out but nobody else will be called up to replace them say the FA.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 am

No problem with the Southampton lads getting a chance, we may as well get used to seeing players from 'unfashionable' clubs wearing the Three Lions as that is the future I'm afraid.
I do wonder at the value of these friendlies against mediocre opposition though. I agree that Forster should get a chance also. What happens if Hart gets injured before or during the competition? Are we going to pitch him in without a single game for England under his belt?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Steven Gerrard and Kyle Walker are also now both out of the friendly against Chile on Friday

I guess that means a start for Glen Johnson although he shouldn't be here as he has only just come back from injury.

I think its a shame that Micah Richards isn't involved but he is being snubbed by Hodgson for playing in the Olympics last year
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to General Football