Man Utd v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:08 pm

Man Utd had a 3 goal burst in 12 mins which took care of Fulham at Craven Cottage ..the 3-1 win continued the recent unbeaten run by the Red Devils and as they prepare for the visit of league leaders Arsenal on sunday , Wayne Rooney gave a hint that they are not ready to give up the title they won last season just yet .."We're starting to do well. We're confident at the minute, we're getting more clean sheets and playing with freedom."If we can get the victory on Sunday then we're in a great position"

Arsenal will head to Old Trafford on sunday in confident mood , a 2-0 win over Liverpool at the Emirates and then the 1-0 win against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last night showed manager Arsene Wenger he may have finally got a team capable of winning the title . He will know though that there is a long way to go and will be hoping that this sunday will be another positive result for his side .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:40 am

In the past few years I would have had this down as a home win but on current form I quite fancy Arsenal to win this one.

Lets hope that Ashley Young isn't playing as he has even been told where to go by Man Utd fans after diving again during week

Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 am

This is the tie of the weekend, lets be honest, because the result will make a big statement about the direction of the league this season. A win for Man United says 'we're not finished yet', a win for Arsenal says 'we are serious title contenders'. My forecast then? A draw of course!
A defeat for Man United would be more damaging than one for Arsenal, as it will raise questions about Moye's ability to beat the big boys, and will really make their title aspirations look thin to say the least. They will be desperate not to lose at home, but will stretched by the pacey Arsenal attack. I see goals, I see a close one. Man United 2 Arsenal 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 am

Mr Moyes has only ever won 3 games out of 23 against Arsenal and i don't expect him to add to that tally.

this Man United team lack that ruthless cutting edge that Ferguson brought and they have far too many players that are simply not good enough playing in the team far too often. i don't think Moyes has even figured out his best starting eleven, let alone best way of playing.

meanwhile, Arsenal will feel invincible and know Man United are there for the taking. the most likely result is a score draw but i'm goping to stick my neck out and suggest Arsenal will nick this one.

oddly enough, i think Arsenal's midfield will have that bit too much for Man United's to cope with which is stark contrast to recent years.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I for one would be very surprised to see United win this one.

I predict a win for Arsenal with both teams scoring.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:17 pm

A few stats

Did you know that Arsenal have won at Old Trafford three times in the Barclays Premier League era and have won the title in two of those seasons (97-98 & 01-02).

Also Wayne Rooney has scored 10 Barclays Premier League goals versus Arsenal; against no side has he netted more.

Arsenal failed to register a shot on target in their last PL game at Old Trafford until the 92nd minute (Nov 2012, ended game with two).

Robin van Persie has scored in the last four Barclays Premier League encounters between these two sides (two for each club).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:45 pm

The best result for me as a neutral is a nil nil draw.

With that said, if somebody had to win this one, I hope it is Arsenal only to shut united up. Rooney and Ferdinand could do with some silencing as they've been flapping their gums a bit too much lately.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Agree with Steely in that Arsenal may nick this one and win the midfield battle.

i'll go 1-2 to the Gunners.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:06 am

There is lot of pride in that man u team that moyes won't be able to effect with his negative selection. I do feel he will play Kagawa in this one which will make it tougher ,but i see Arsenal having a bit more confidence this season against tghis man u team. I don't what has been going on team wise on both sides over teh last 2weeks as i ahve been away.Don't know who's carrying injuries ,who's on form or what so i am going purely blind here. If both teams have totally fit fisrt team players Man U win this one , just about ,but i feel Arsenal see tides changing between the two. 1-3 arsenal.
I would like it to be 3-4 arsenal with rvp getting a hat trick with 3 assist from Januzaj and Ramsey scoring 4 with 4 assists from Szczesny ,because my fantasy team has taken a battering this week. :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:14 pm

well it is not clear yet if Mathieu Flamini will be starting after his groin problem and Jack Wilshire is also a doubt , we have players to fill on though and I hope we can win this one as it will really give us a major boost to our title ambitions .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Teams

Manchester United:
De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Carrick, Kagawa; Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Giggs, Hernandez, Nani, Cleverley, Fellaini, Januzaj.

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla,Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Wilshere, Monreal, Bendtner, Jenkinson, Gnabry, Hayden.
Last edited by Hams on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Flamini starts but Wilshere is on the bench.

Adnan Januzaj who has been Man Utds best player this season also starts on the bench.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Feeling quietly confident about this one, but I don't think it'll be easy. 2-1 Arsenal is my prediction.

Have a few bets on: 2-1 Arsenal Cazorla FG, Arsenal win and Ramsey goal Arsenal win.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:34 pm

My second consolation today after 'Citah' are beat by Sunderland, the Arse are beat by Man Utd. Enough said, the league title is up for grabs! How exciting chaps!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 pm

FT

Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal
1-0 van Persie 27’

It had to be that man RVP who scored the winning goal!

Wayne Rooney put in a very good all round display and deserved his man of the match award.

Any comments on todays win for Man Utd?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Arsenal's recent gallop seemingly transformed into a limp after United
once again prove their Achilles heel.... However ,I thought Van Persie's
celebration was decidedly poor form,but then again he's not the most
humble of men,and in truth if a poll was to be compiled by asking his
fellow professionals who they would least like to invite to Christmas
dinner he's probably up there with John Terry , El Hadji Diouf and
Kim Jong Un .....OK the latter isn't a footballer,but he probably has
a seat at his table for Stan Percy.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Men against boys in these big games. Wenger's teams are a mirror image of his personality, massive nervous wreck and huge inferior complex.

Its been the same for the last 8 years.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Looks to me like arsenal couldn't handle 3 big games in a week. They were obviously a little tired especially after the dortmund game. Boring game though. Too many tactical games these days in the big ones
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:25 am

redpelt wrote:Arsenal's recent gallop seemingly transformed into a limp after United
once again prove their Achilles heel.... However ,I thought Van Persie's
celebration was decidedly poor form,but then again he's not the most
humble of men,and in truth if a poll was to be compiled by asking his
fellow professionals who they would least like to invite to Christmas
dinner he's probably up there with John Terry , El Hadji Diouf and
Kim Jong Un .....OK the latter isn't a footballer,but he probably has
a seat at his table for Stan Percy.

To be fair to RVP you can hardly blame him for celebrating his goal like that when
he was getting so much abuse from the Arsenal away fans who have very short memories.

Torres always gets a lot of stick when he goes back to Liverpool just like Defoe when he goes back to West Ham.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 am

Missed Walcott for this game. Man for man i take Arsenal over this current Man u team based oin this result. The addition of that pace that gnabry ghave changed the game big time. Man u were defending the endure second half!
Just the one player with taht one dimension changed the entire game fro Arsenal so it should be something to remember for Wengergoing forward. I guess Ozil only backed up my fears in this game ,i told you lot he disappears in big games too often and in the first half of this one he was invisible yet again against premiership top quality. I just hope he can grow from this ,but 40 odd million for that performance is criminal.
Thought Wenger made a major mistake playing basically two defensive mid in Flamini and Arteta ,especially against a mid field twosome of Carrick and Jones ready to be turned inside out by our style of play.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League