Chelsea still paying Di Matteo £130,000 per week

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea still paying Di Matteo £130,000 per week

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 am

The Daily Mail have reported that Chelsea are still paying
their former manager Roberto Di Matteo £130,000 per week as they were unable
to reach a pay off deal when he was sacked and he will continue to be paid this sum until June 2014

What a crazy world we live in and no wonder he wasn't interested in the Sunderland job!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:56 am

Must be pretty sweet to spend time with the family, maybe take a holiday, potter about doing whatever you fancy and still know all that money is rolling in. He is a reasonably young man as well - lucky bar steward...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 am

it's a figure that doesn't ring true to me. i'd be interested to know their source.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Neil Ashton the paper's highly respected football reporter, writes:

"The Italian was unable to reach a settlement with owner Roman Abramovich on his three-year deal when he was fired six months after winning the Champions League as interim boss.

"Di Matteo has already banked almost £7million and will continue to pick up the king-sized salary until June 2014, meaning he is reluctant to take on another job for less money."

This story reminds me of a certain Dutch defender Winston Bogarde who was paid a fortune for a long time for doing nothing.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:05 pm

so he is claiming Di Matteo was on £13m over three years? that makes about £4.33m per year which is about right i expect for a manager at that level.

sacking managers is expensive business. Most clubs pay out in a lump sum so i dno't really see this as being any worse because they're stretching it out. it just highlights that Mr Di Matteo doesn't really have much hunger to get back into the game.

i suspect his payout will cease if/when he got a job before June 2014.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League