Everton v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Everton v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Everton will hope to make up for a disappointing 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace by beating Merseyside rivals Liverpool when they visit Goodison Park this Saturday ...last season Everton came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 , a win would take them level on points with Liverpool.

Liverpool will travel to Goodison in confident mood after comfortable beating Fulham 4-0 in their last game , Luis Suarez is looking good and along with Daniel Sturridge Liverpool have made a great start to the season lying second in the table , it will be another interesting battle between the two Mersey giants .

The referee for this match will be Andre Marriner ..who , recently awarded a controversial late penalty that allowed Chelsea a last gasp equaliser against West Brom . Will there be more drama at Goodison Park on Saturday ..?
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Both of these sides have done well so far this season so i hope we will be in for a good game like we had in last seasons 2-2 draw.

This will be Roberto Martinez's first Merseyside derby as Everton manager but I think Liverpool will just about win this one at Goodison Park.

Everton 1-2 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Match Preview:Everton Vs. Liverpool

Postby bonita3g » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

After an exciting international football week again we are going to observe another exciting English Premier League week. The week will starts with the most exciting match of this week-12. Yes the Mersey side derby between Everton and Liverpool will be held. Both the team is showing good forms this season. Liverpool is following league topper Arsenal with only two points behind them. Everton is now in 7th place with 20 points where they above Man city. Everton will play this match in their home ground Goodison park. So they will create maximum momentum to cost Liverpool 3 points and thus equal their 23 points mark. Their main problem to do so will be the form of Suarez and Sturridge. Though Suarez has come from busy week in World Cup qualifying matches but he have to be contained by Everton defenders. This fixture is something special in England specially in Liverpool. Both come from same city, so both team take this fixture extremely seriously, so it is hard to beat home team. So a draw or a win for Everton is not impossible
bonita3g
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Did you know that Liverpool have lost just one of their last 13 Merseyside derbies in the Premier League (W7 D5 L1).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Teams

EVERTON:
Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka (c), Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku...

Subs: Joel, Heitinga, Jelavic, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Stones.

LIVERPOOL:
Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez...

Subs: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Moses, Sturridge, Sakho, Sterling.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Everton 1-1 Liverpool

What a start to the game!

Coutinho put Liverpool 1-0 ahead after just 5 mins but Mirallas has quickly leveled for Everton on 8 minutes.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Everton 1-2 Liverpool

Luis Suarez has put the Reds back in front with a free kick!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:47 pm

HT

Everton 1-2 Liverpool

The Reds go in ahead at the break as things were just starting to get heated out on the pitch.

Mirallas was maybe lucky not to have been sent off for that foul on Suarez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 pm

What a match!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I'll tell you what if i'm Martinez ,i wouldn't play Deulofeu again for a long time! I have never seen such a selfish display since Lampard try to deny Drogba from his golden boot winning penalty. In a game of this magnitude, as tight as it was ,he should have looked for the open man who was there on about 4 occasions waiting to just slot the ball into the net. But what does he do ,try and squeeze the ball in from an impossible angle time after time . The icing on the cake came at the 93 minute when Lukaku was there 5 yards from goal to bang the ball over the line,twat! The type of player i detest ,one that fails to see the bigger picture because his own personal ambitions obscure the common sense that is there for all to see.
he becomes a more valuable player if he makes the right decision and Evertone are 6 -3 up.
Great game though!
Last edited by specnur on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Brilliant game that could have been so much more comfortable if Joe Allen had of scored his simple chance :?

Credit to Rodgers too for going for the win when it was 2-2,it almost backfired on him as we went 3-2 down but great heart from the players to get back into it.

We need to learn from the set pieces,that's two more conceded today.

I need to go and lie in a very dark room now for a few hours and relax before the boxing later.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:59 pm

FT

Everton 3-3 Liverpool
0-1 Coutinho 5'
1-1 Mirallas 8'
1-2 Suarez 19’
2-2 Lukaku 72’
3-2 Lukaku 82’
3-3 Sturridge 89’

Liverpool earn a late point when it looked like Lukaku's second half double was going to win it for Everton.

I think a draw was a fair result in the end.

Looking forward to seeing this again on MOTD tonight!

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Didn't see the game (looking forward to MOTD) but this one as a draw was pretty predictable. A bit of a blow for Liverpool in terms of their title aspirations, a bit of a fillip for Everton in terms of the progress they are making under Roberto Martinez.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:14 pm

yes ...was a classic game between the two Mersey rivals , it will be a good MOTD tonight ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:47 am

One of the best derbies I have been to for some considerable time ,the noise
was unbelievable when Sturridges deft flick hit the back of the net ,and Suarez's
swerving free kick was born of South American magic.

I think all in all a draw was a good result at a ground were few have picked up
points,yet alone scored three goals ....Everton are a good team ,but that said
if Allen had slotted after the weaving run by Suarez it would have been 1-3
and possibly game over ....Great game ,brilliant atmosphere and I have never
heard Everton fans so loud and confident for a very long time.

Flanagan man of the match ,the kid had a really good game and was the pick
of our back four.
redpelt
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:34 am

it was a bad miss by Allen ...you could tell that Suarez was a bit upset as he thought he should have passé the ball to him .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:55 am

This was one of the best Merseyside derbies i can remember for a very long
time with both teams really going for it straight from the kick off until the end of 90 minutes!

I thought Kevin Mirallas was very lucky indeed not to be sent off for that high tackle on Suarez.

I agree that Allen should have passed to the Uruguayan who was unmarked and that it was a bad miss.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 am

If all games were played like that, I reckon you could get anyone addicted to football. Mersyside derbies are often sterile affairs, with both teams playing with caution to avoid defeat, but this one was great entertainment. Could this be due to both clubs having more adventurous managers in charge now?
I think the draw was a fair result, Liverpool had the best of the first half and Everton played some great attacking football in the second half, missing a hatful of chances that looked easier to score.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:If all games were played like that, I reckon you could get anyone addicted to football. Mersyside derbies are often sterile affairs, with both teams playing with caution to avoid defeat, but this one was great entertainment. Could this be due to both clubs having more adventurous managers in charge now?
I think the draw was a fair result, Liverpool had the best of the first half and Everton played some great attacking football in the second half, missing a hatful of chances that looked easier to score.

Totally agree with that assessment Pickles ,yesterday was the first derby I have attended
for a very long time were I wished my nearest and dearest could have been with me to
experience the atmosphere, because I could honestly feel the hairs on the nape of my neck
standing up underneath the goose bumps ,such was the intensity of the affair....Long may it continue
redpelt
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 pm

what is it about this match where referees seem to totally change the rules and allow behaviour to go on that would be instant red cards in any other game?

it is wholly unfair to the rest of the division that suitable punishments are not dished out on the basis of it being a 'local derby'. two blatant red card offences in this match, each as cowardly as the other.

Gerrard led with the point of his elbow at Barry. whether he hit his face or not shouldn't be the decider between a red card or not. it is malicious, dangerous, foul play and could have had serious consequences. the scum tackle on Suarez was probably even worse and an even more blatant red card.

meanwhile, the one time Joe Allen actually SHOULD pass sideways and the prat makes his first forward pass of his career right past the post :lol: i trust Suarez had him up by his throat in the changing room after the game. he would be wholly justified in doing so.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League