West Ham v Chelsea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Chelsea

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:44 pm

West Ham did score in their last game before the international break , trouble was they conceded three as Norwich ran out 3-1 winners at Carrow Road . It turned out a bad second half for the Hammers after leading 1-0 at half time ...keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen's error started the turn around as Norwich jumped above West Ham in the table , manager Sam Allardyce said the defeat was hard to take .."We should have picked up a win on the balance of play. We've only got ourselves to blame and I didn't expect that error from Jussi Jaaskelainen. We needed that clean sheet and didn't get that".

Chelsea escaped with a 2-2 draw against West Brom at Stamford Bridge ...a controversial penalty right at the death kept the Blues unbeaten record under Jose Mourinho intact , and the point could be a vital one come the end of the season , they currently are 4th in the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm

There is no chance this time that West Ham will repeat last season's heroics when we beat Chelsea 3-1 at Upton Park.

We are still without Andy Carroll and have no idea when he will be back which isn't good news so we will continue striker less.

The only positive thing to come out of this season so far is the form of Ravel Morrison and he will have to be at his best here.

Jose Mourinho's side should win this game comfortably and hopefully this will be the last time we ever see Lampard at The Boleyn.

West Ham 0-3 Chelsea
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm

a 0-0 isn't beyond us but we'll need to ride our luck. i'd be amazed if we score a meaningful goal in this game though.

hate the late saturday kick offs as well.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:35 am

Hams wrote:We are still without Andy Carroll

who? wasn't he the gambling addict goalkeeper we had a few years ago under Alan Pardew? think he went to Scandanavia.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am

hate the late saturday kick offs as well.

I don't mind the 5.30pm starts as they give me plenty of time to get ready before the game.
Its the 12.15pm kick offs that I dislike.

It looks like both Rat and Reid will be out injured for Saturday's game so I guess O'Brien and Collins will step in.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Did you know that West Ham are without a win in four Barclays Premier League home games (L3 D1); their worst such run under Sam Allardyce.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Teams

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O'Brien, Morrison, Noble, Collison, Downing, J.Cole, Nolan...

Subs: Adrian, McCartney, Jarvis, Maiga, Taylor, Diame, C.Cole.

CHELSEA:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o...

Subs: Schwarzer, A. Cole, Essien, Mata, Willian, Schurrle Ba.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I think this game will be tighter than expected, with Chelsea coming out on top. West Ham 1 Chelsea 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm

penalty to Chelsea ...Lampard scores , 1-0 to Chelsea , not a good start for West Ham .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:18 pm

and it has got a lot worse now ..Oscar has made it 2-0 to Chelsea
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:31 pm

HT

West Ham 0-2 Chelsea
Last edited by Hams on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I See fat Frank didn;t have much trouble with one of teh worst mid fields in the league right now! :lol:
That fact that he hasn't scored in 10 game straight and buries two against that lot ,should start a panic reaction in the east of London. Abysmal showing the hi light and low light being Demel's fantastic dribbling to set up a goal that trickled embarrassingly wide.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 pm

FT

West Ham 0-3 Chelsea
0-1 Lampard 21’ (pen.)
0-2 Oscar 34'
0-3 Lampard 82’

No Comment.
Last edited by Hams on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:38 am

another dismal display by the Hammers ...only shot on target coming with basically the last kick of the game , it will be interesting to see how Sam Allardyce deals with this ..he must be feelling the pressure a bit now ..only goal difference seperates them from the relegation zone
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 am

I never expected us to win this game but had hoped we would put in a bit more effort than we did.

I'm not really sure if it was a penalty or not as it looked like Oscar dived to win it which for me tainted his overall performance.

What is for certain is that it was an awful back pass by Guy Demel which put our keeper in a dangerous situation.

The 2nd goal that we conceded was also very poor defending and the little Brazilian had all the time he wanted to score.

The crowd didn't seem happy when Joe Cole was brought off but why send on Maiga and not Carlton Cole?

I also think Nolan should have been subbed much earlier and he should take note of the loud jeers he got on his departure.

Its really frustrating that the likes of Downing was trying his best to put crosses in but there was nobody there to receive them

It would also be interesting to know why Mo Diame isn't in the starting line up as he was one of our best last season.

This was a painful game for me to watch and I must like being punished as even saw the highlights again on MOTD!

I know we don't have any strikers at the moment but Sam Allardyce should be getting more out of this team than hes doing at the moment.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 am

I watched the highlights wondering how we crashed to a 0-3 reverse at home to the Hammers. One shot on target in the dying seconds is the only statistic you need to understand West Ham's problem at the moment.
Chelsea look strong, dominating the game with their usual efficient style. However, West Ham did not put up much resistance so it is hard to judge them as potential champions.
Doesn't Mourinho have a face you would like to punch every time you see it, or is it just me?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 pm

specnur wrote:I See fat Frank didn;t have much trouble with one of teh worst mid fields in the league right now! :lol:
That fact that he hasn't scored in 10 game straight and buries two against that lot ,should start a panic reaction in the east of London. Abysmal showing the hi light and low light being Demel's fantastic dribbling to set up a goal that trickled embarrassingly wide.

:lol:

i wish i could muster up some form of defence to that savage assessment but i really can't.

that said, Lampard was pretty much a passenger in a game totally run by Hazard and Oscar in reality. we were truly abysmal. even the slightest bit of pressing on us and we panicked, it got embarrassing at one point.

the lack of even a slight threat to opposing defences is becoming something of a real annoyance and, while i don't condone the booing, i can certaily understand it. forking out the fourth highest prices in Europe to watch that shite is bound to provoke people.

the next two games are of vital importance. we're in a relegation scrap that will last the season, i am sure of that. if we fail to take four points as an absolute minimum from those games then we will be really in the shite. we have been looking crap for too many games and, regardless of what Allardyce says, fully deserve our lowly position and points tally.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I have a plan for next weeks game against Fulham.

As well as not playing any strikers we should also take to the field with no defenders and just have 10 in midfield.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Harris, i know how much you enjoyed these during our Championship season so i felt now was the time to bring them back into your life.

It's Rotund Sam's post match email:

Big Sam wrote:
What disappointed me against Norwich and again in Saturday’s game with Chelsea is that they haven't really earned the right to beat us. We've beaten ourselves. That is what is worrying me at the moment, because we hadn't seen those kind of individual mistakes up to then.

We had six clean sheets in ten matches going into the last two games, which is a resilient football team which gives you the chance to win matches. We can't lose that resilience or else life will become very difficult indeed.

The upcoming fixtures against Fulham, Crystal Palace and then Sunderland are going to determine our season now. The pressure is on the players, myself and the staff to make sure we prepare to go into those three games and come out with a minimum of six points.

Fulham can kick-start us into a good run of results by beating them and then we'll take the confidence on to face Crystal Palace and then Sunderland.

We’ve got to give the fans something to shout about. We can't expect them to cheer to get a goal unless we're giving them something to cheer - they're electric and they help us an enormous amount.

It's my job to pick the players up and remind them of the previous performances we've had home and away and make sure we get to that level and stop those fears creeping in against a Fulham side, which will offer us the chance to get three points.

Big Sam
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing and making my day even more miserable.

Isn't there anyway you can block his emails as spam or something like that?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League